So is JOE doing the "SideStep"?? "I guarantee to rid fossil fuels"... then last night... “We’re going to need oil for at least another decade"

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
Biden said Tuesday night 2/7/23 State of the Union speech..
Biden said oil executives he’d pressed on the issue had told him bluntly: “We’re afraid you’re going to shut down all of the oil wells and all the oil refineries anyway so why should we invest in them?
Biden offered his answer Tuesday night. “We’re going to need oil for at least another decade,” he said, quickly adding, “and beyond that,” after boos from some lawmaker

Yet when running for president in 2019 Biden guarantees this will happen!
"I want you to look into my eyes, I guarantee We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels”

So Joe are you doing what this governor in the movie "Best Little Whorehouse in Texas"..dancing the Sidestep?

The Governor : [singing] Ooh, I love to dance the little sidestep / Now they see me, now they don't / I've come and gone / And ooh, I love to sweep around a wide step / Cut a little swath / And lead the people on!

Last edited:
Joe was heard after the speech commenting on how easy it was to Trigger the MAGANUTS......

He is trying to placate the green lobby while dealing with a molecule of reality.

We will be using fossil fuel 100 years from now.
Well considering with his crappy supply chain issues. It takes a year ++ to even get on the waiting list toorder electric cars .

That is not even including parts for repairs etc.

We will need it for a couple more decades as we slowly replace it with wind, solar and possibly fusion. Fusion is finally proving to work and could be being built into the system within a few decades.

It takes time.

Well considering with his crappy supply chain issues. It takes a year ++ to even get on the waiting list toorder electric cars .

That is not even including parts for repairs etc.
Tell me where the attached analysis I did regarding ALL Americans using EV cars and trucks.
Look at the numbers and tell me where I was wrong.
All the numbers are based on the "experts'" links.
13.4 trillion ADDITIONAL kWh will be needed from the current electric generating plants which supply just 4 trillion kWh now!
Where is the additional kWh come from?
100%EVs020523.png

Tell me where the attached analysis I did regarding ALL Americans using EV cars and trucks.
Look at the numbers and tell me where I was wrong.
All the numbers are based on the "experts'" links.
13.4 trillion ADDITIONAL kWh will be needed from the current electric generating plants which supply just 4 trillion kWh now!
Where is the additional kWh come from?
View attachment 755041
How many new power plants will we need this week to power EVs? The number seems to fluctuate depending on how much you feel like lying.

Biden said oil executives he’d pressed on the issue had told him bluntly: “We’re afraid you’re going to shut down all of the oil wells and all the oil refineries anyway so why should we invest in them?
Biden offered his answer Tuesday night. “We’re going to need oil for at least another decade,” he said, quickly adding, “and beyond that,” after boos from some lawmaker

"I want you to look into my eyes, I guarantee We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels”

So Joe are you doing what this governor in the movie "Best Little Whorehouse in Texas"..dancing the Sidestep?

The Governor : [singing] Ooh, I love to dance the little sidestep / Now they see me, now they don't / I've come and gone / And ooh, I love to sweep around a wide step / Cut a little swath / And lead the people on!

One of the great scenes dealing with politicians. Charles Durning was a great character actor. And he also was great in an early NCIS TV episode.

We will need it for a couple more decades as we slowly replace it with wind, solar and possibly fusion. Fusion is finally proving to work and could be being built into the system within a few decades.

It takes time.
Joe should have been more honest a few years ago when he lied.

The left: Trump lies.
The right: Joe lies....the left response, all politicians lie.

It takes time.

Did you know that 19% of America’s electricity comes from nuclear power?
That’s an incredible stat given the fact that there are just 92 nuclear reactors operating in the United States.
So 19% of 4.165 trillion or 791.35 billion kWh or per nuclear reactor..8.6 billion per nuclear plant.
So to add the additional 13.5 trillion kWh will require 1,568 MORE nuclear plants at a cost per plant of between $2 and $4 billion per new nuclear unit.
or at an average of $3 billion will require $4,706,332,346,076 additional construction costs... Who will pay for it?
The electric companies will be happy to pass on the construction costs directly to consumers or indirectly to businesses.

Of course we will get rid of fossil fuels.

Do you think we will use them forever?

The ones who are still alive will after this green new deal debacle. As long as China is an economic and military threat we are in danger. China must be neutered.

The ones who are still alive will after this green new deal debacle. As long as China is an economic and military threat we are in danger. China must be neutered.
So that means we will use fossil fuels forever?

I guess I am an optimist. I was hoping we would eventually develop clean, sustainable energy in the next century or two.

Of course not! Are you that truly intelligent to think that?
My point though is "cooperation" to reduce fossil fuel dependency... not causing the fossil fuel industry to be defensive, to be conservative to RAISE prices!
Why couldn't Biden be cooperative simply by saying something like this that I've suggested:
"We need to work with the fossil fuels industry to reduce Co2 emissions and the US government will be helping as we consider the fossil fuel industry a totally important building block of our economy"!

But he didn't!

"No more drilling," Biden said.
After the protester continued to shout at him, he shot back, sounding even more irritable:
"There is no more drilling. I haven’t formed any new drilling."

Consequently the only thing I can assume is Biden is making money from the oil companies current conservative and PRICE raising activities! Why else would the President who touts "cooperation " creates response like this from Chevron CEO!
"U.S. Will Never Build Another Oil Refinery, Chevron CEO Says on 06/03/22
My personal view is there will never be another new refinery built” on U.S. soil, said Wirth.
“You’re looking at committing capital 10 years out, that will need decades to offer a return for shareholders, in a policy environment where governments around the world are saying, ‘We don’t want these products.’

Totally ignorance OR totally smart on the part of Biden to help the oil companies INCREASE prices and values which in turn are
passed on in donations, etc. Either way Americans are suffering from HIGH GAS prices.
Look at this table of diesel fuel costs increases! All these costs are passed on to the consumers...hence inflation!

How do you think supermarkets get their supplies? Trucks. Trucks use diesel fuel. Price of Diesel fuel ..
When Trump took office.. $2.58/gal when left office 12/2020 $2.58 zero no increase!
Biden Took office $2.681... Biden as of 01/2023... $4.576.... $1.90 Increase in cost or 70.7% MORE and you don't think that increase in
cost is passed on to the supermarkets by the trucks hauling your food? Really you don't think the oil companies took this as their
opportunity to RAISE their prices?

Dieselfuel2017-2023.png

So that means we will use fossil fuels forever?

I guess I am an optimist. I was hoping we would eventually develop clean, sustainable energy in the next century or two.
What do you think lubricates the bearings in your electric cars and wind turbines? Even so-call synthetic lubricants contain petroleum. Plastics? yup--petroleum. Tires? Petroleum too. We will be using petroleum products much longer than you'll be alive.

Forum List

Back