So if a private business owner says one has to be vaxxed to work there

Get a medical exemption, have it signed by your primary doc, and you're good. Its a legal binding document.
Great... Doctor signs a few and will get investigated and struck...

The medical profession will have a very dim view of a doctor signing that during a pandemic..

This will be very easy to spot if done on any mass scale...

The unions don't want this overturned, they want all employees to vaxx up. The union works for the DNC, not the employees.
It works like this... Members of Unions are generally Democrats... Democrats are more likely to get vaccinated...

I had a friend I meant to go on a few days holidays golfing last week... He is fully vaccinated but ended up up closely with a antivaxer who infected him and a few others at work...

Whole section of the plant had to be closed for two weeks, buddy had to isolate for his holidays(after infecting his wife and one of his kids) and the antivaxer is as popular as a dose of the crabs... They say antivaxer will be given the door and all will be showing each other proof of vaccination when they get back...

No one wants to bring this home to there family, so there is a simple attitude fuck your rights, how about everyone elses rights...

Vaccine doesn't stop you getting it but reduces the likelihood of it happening...

Sure, let them do an antibody test, that still doesn't require you getting something injected into your body that's experimental.
Employer can ask for proof of vaccine..

IT has been like this for years... Nurses working in the ICU wards are told to get the Flu jab...

I know you understand this, but let me state it for others:

NEVER ask government to do anything, ever, ever, ever, EVER. They ALWAYS fuck it up.

If your employer is demanding that you get a vax, present them with a written statement for your immediate supervisor and HR manager to sign, that states something along the lines of: as a condition of your continued employment, they are requiring you to get the __________(specific name) vaccine, and it is part of your duties as an employee to get said vaccine.

Watch them squirm when they see that. They will never sign it (liability) and you will go back and forth with them until they either give you an out or fire you. Then, go collect unemployment from them while you get another job or start your own business.

:dunno:

Pretty simple.
Maybe. But they also have to manage the potential liability of doing nothing to protect employees and customers.

They can demand but HIPAA states that they cannot inquire if you have had it unless medical vaccination was a requirement to assume the position.
One way they may be able to also is if you get your insurance through your employer. I don't for example.

The confusion was highlighted recently when, on May 18, 2021, Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, (R-Ga) was asked whether she had been vaccinated, as she had refused to wear a mask on the House floor in breach of House rules. Greene told reporters that asking her about her vaccine status was a HIPAA violation, but this was not correct as HIPAA does not apply in such situations.

It would not be a HIPAA violation for an employer to ask an employee’s healthcare provider for proof of vaccination. It would however be a HIPAA violation for the employee’s healthcare provider to disclose that information to the employer unless the individual had provided authorization to do so. If an employer is running their own vaccination program and an employee chooses to have their vaccine privately, that individual may have to authorize their healthcare provider to disclose certain information about their vaccine to their employer as proof that they have been vaccinated.

Asking about vaccine status would not violate HIPAA but it is possible that other laws could be violated. For instance, requiring employees to disclose additional health information such as the reason why they are not vaccinated could potentially violate federal laws. Furthermore, several states have passed laws – or are considering laws – that prohibit employers in the public sector from asking employees about their vaccine status.

Im not aware of any law that states a company can force you to take an injection. Perhaps you could point this out for me?
They can unless a state passes a law that says they can't. They can if it is a condition of your continued employment and you want to continue to work for them. Unless you belong to a Union that has a provision about vaccines. Maybe a strongly held religious believe that you can prove.

It works like this... Members of Unions are generally Democrats... Democrats are more likely to get vaccinated...

I had a friend I meant to go on a few days holidays golfing last week... He is fully vaccinated but ended up up closely with a antivaxer who infected him and a few others at work...

Whole section of the plant had to be closed for two weeks, buddy had to isolate for his holidays(after infecting his wife and one of his kids) and the antivaxer is as popular as a dose of the crabs... They say antivaxer will be given the door and all will be showing each other proof of vaccination when they get back...

No one wants to bring this home to there family, so there is a simple attitude fuck your rights, how about everyone elses rights...

Vaccine doesn't stop you getting it but reduces the likelihood of it happening...
These fools don't realize that so far any republican judges the lawsuits have come before they have ruled that public health overrides your goddamn rights.

Employer can ask for proof of vaccine..

IT has been like this for years... Nurses working in the ICU wards are told to get the Flu jab...

That's great, that means that they can use whatever societal levers they want to force you do do whatever they want as long as they can claim increased public safety. Freedom and liberty are dead. What powers wouldn't you support in the name of 'public safety'? I just saw where they are requiring prisoners to get the vaccine if they want to have visitors. So no 'mandates' specifically for the vaccine are needed, only these levers that they control that can be used to force people to get them, these levers are literally woven into everything. So, why not just come out and mandate the vaccine, period. Why use these levers to do it? And if they're doing this for something that has a 99%+ survival rate, where the vaccine has been proven to be useless as far as spreading the virus to others (which is really the only concern that should be valid regarding 'public safety'), then what is next? Do you ever ask yourself that question, or do you only care that you're 'supporting' your supposed side of the political aisle?

Yeah, and now the left is all in on defending the rights of business to discriminate. Flaming hypocrites all around, near as I can tell.
I do not agree with extending PA laws to gay folks UNLESS the product the gays want to buy isn't provided by another business. BUT there is a distinction. A person who refuses vaccination puts others in danger when he uses a PA. A gay person doesn't harm anyone.

My brother is a union guy, and a Democrat. And a fervent anti-vaxxer. Go figure.
If memory serves me right the left many years started with the anti vax. How times have changed, but it not all dems or republicans this time around, it's a mixture.

That's great, that means that they can use whatever societal levers they want to force you do do whatever they want as long as they can claim increased public safety. Freedom and liberty are dead. What powers wouldn't you support in the name of 'public safety'? I just saw where they are requiring prisoners to get the vaccine if they want to have visitors. So no 'mandates' specifically for the vaccine are needed, only these levers that they control that can be used to force people to get them, these levers are literally woven into everything. So, why not just come out and mandate the vaccine, period. Why use these levers to do it? And if they're doing this for something that has a 99%+ survival rate, wherethe only concern that should be valid regarding 'public safety'), then what is next? Do you ever ask yourself that question, or do you only care that you're 'supporting' your supposed side of the political aisle?
the vaccine has been proven to be useless as far as spreading the virus to others (which is really

False. If one is vaccinated one has a lower chance of becoming infected in the first place, and unless one is infected, one cannot pass it on.

This is a non-starter. The health and safety of the country (and the rest of the world) depends on Americans stopping their foolishness and just getting vaccinated.

Only stupid Americans try to make up some phony reason (s) why they don't want to be vaccinated!

GET THE FK OVER IT BEFORE ITS TOO LATE!

Forum List

Back