So if a private business owner says one has to be vaxxed to work there

I don't think the unions will push back against this. The government just mandated that employers have the right to force vaccinations, I don't know if the unions will have the power to get that overturned.

It wasn't the whole government. And it wasn't a mandate.

It was one conservative judge in Texas who was appointed by ronald reagan.

No law was passed. A private hospital in Texas told all their staff to get vaccinated or be fired. Some of the staff sued the hospital in court.

The conservative judge appointed by ronald reagan ruled in favor of the private hospital. AGAINST the workers who didn't want to be vaccinated.

The facts are that conservatives have been fighting since the reagan years to take rights from workers, to destroy unions and give way too much power to big business.

Not really, i mean, I've never seen a company mandate that getting a flu vaccine is condition of employment.

Perhaps they could, but they never did. This is different. Many employers will likely push this.
On the contrary, virtually every company that deals in the healthcare industry requires the flu vaccine. Case in point, pharmacy, nursing, doctors. Those who handle your medications and take care of you when you're sick are required to get the flu shot. Would you have it any other way?

Nuttin to do with me...i live off the blood of the workers
It's for lawsuits

View attachment 522136
From the link;

"Forcing Someone To Choose Between Getting Jabbed With An Experimental Gene Therapy With Known Side Effects Or Losing Their Job Is Absolute Tyranny

Posted on August 4, 2021
Try that with me?
Here’s these,
unnamed-4.jpg

And here’s these.
s-l1600-11.jpg

Have fun trying to keep your machines running."

HIPPA guarantees that your health information will not be shared without your consent.

You are free to refuse to let employer know your vaccination status. You have always been free to do so. Your employer is free to lay you off or not hire you because of it as well. Employers do this all the time when they request information from you. You can always refuse, they can always go find someone that is not refusing and hire them instead.

Why do you think you have the right to force an employer give you their property (both the wage you agree on and access to the place of employment) to you if you refuse to do what they ask?
From the link;

"Full Disclosure

I don't want to write this post, but I don't think I can duck the issue.

I was unofficially informed that apparently it will be the policy of my employer to require all employees, presumably including myself (they think), who have not received any COVID vaccinations, to submit to twice-weekly testing for COVID. This would involve shoving a swab up both nostrils two times a week, indefinitely.
Um...no.
If they try that, and make it official, my opening answer will be to invite the person who puts that suggestion into action to tell me exactly how far up their ass they'd like to stick that policy, and would they like my assistance in that endeavor?
Followed by the following blizzard of queries:
1) Who told you I did or did not get vaccinated?
2) Do you have a copy of my signed authorization to release that personal health information to any third party?
3) Lacking any such authorization, how would you possibly know my actual vaccination status?
4) Lacking that knowledge, how do you know which employees to even approach with this suggestion?
5) "Have I been vaccinated against COVID?" That's none of your fucking business.
6) Now you're asking me if I'm vaccinated against COVID? Again, that's none of your fucking business.
7) Submitting to receiving experimental therapies and becoming an unpaid medical guinea pig with respect to their effectiveness and potential complications was not and is not a condition of my employment. If it were otherwise, you'd have noted that from the outset. Trying to bluster and bootstrap it in now as if it were anything less than that is egregiously intrusive, entirely recockulous, and wholly unwelcome.
8) None of the vaccines for COVID are authorized for anything but emergency use. The makers have no liability for what happens to those who receive them. To date, the VAERS reports over 11,000 deaths from those COVID vaccines in just the U.S., and a quarter of a million adverse events. More of both deaths and adverse reactions than the total for every vaccine ever invented in human history, combined, for as long as we've kept records. Those COVID vaccines are therefore unsafe at any speed. And you have no more right as an employer to compel me, either directly, nor by onerous policies for non-compliance, to receive such an experimental therapy, any more than you could demand I submit to gender reassignment therapy, get an abortion, or have a limb amputated.
9) It's my body, and my choice. Shall we call in the company's legal counsel, and see how they'd like to sell the case against that legal position in court?
10) Ask counsel how they'll feel when the next three words I bring into the conversation are "hostile workplace environment". Then go over words like "mental stress and cruelty", "back pay", and "treble damages, plus all legal costs".
11) There are literally hundreds of other communicable diseases I (or any other employee) might or might not bring to work, many of which have no available vaccine. Are you going to test me for those bi-weekly as well? Why, or why not?
12) Are you going to be testing every other employee of the company for those dozens to hundreds of other communicable diseases? Why, or why not?
13) If I'm being singled out and categorized, isn't that the definition of "arbitrary and capricious"? How does corporate counsel like his odds in court defending that plan?
14) Why would you think you need to test me now, 18 months into a pandemic, for a disease for which I've shown no symptoms whatsoever, ever, to date, despite being a front-line caregiver with the sickest of the sick non-stop since the outset?
15) Are you aware the CDC reports that 75% of those fully vaccinated are the overwhelming bulk of those with the newest COVID variant? Will you be testing everyone twice a week, given that that's a far more sensible policy than proposing to test unvaccinated persons (bearing in mind you have no valid idea to which of those categories I belong)?
16) Are you aware that the CDC also reports that vaccinated persons carry the same amount of communicable virus in their bodies as unvaccinated persons? What's your plan to deal with that, and how do you intend to protect the unvaccinated from those vaccinated super-spreaders?
17) Are you aware that according to the CDC, despite being fully vaccinated, a person could suffer a more serious infection than an unvaccinated person? Knowing that to be the official position of the US government agency responsible for propagating communicable disease policy and procedure, why in hell would you suggest anyone get vaccinated, since it confers no immunity to the disease, no inability to spread the disease, and promises no diminution of symptoms if infected, despite getting the vaccinations?
18) In light of the above official CDC reported information, isn't promoting further vaccinations just about the most gobsmackingly dumbass thing you possibly could do, short of suggesting that people lick toilet bowls?
19) Given everything in #1-18, above, would you like to continue this discussion with lawyers, a judge, and a jury, in open court, or would you rather just quietly shitcan this silly-assed scheme, and allow all parties to pretend it never happened?
I'm old, ornery, and smart, and I won't be taking any shit, but I'll happily give it out by the metric fuckton if they try to push this sort of nonsense. I like my odds.
If my employer wants to test my resolve to go all "No, fuck YOU!", and become the poster child for why employment is not indentured servitude, they've grabbed the wrong tiger's tail. If they want to be the poster child on what not to do, I can only warn them that the stove is hot. But as Mark Twain said about the man who picked up the cat by the tail, they're about to learn something which they can learn in no other way.
I'll keep you posted, as appropriate.
If I'm betting, I'd give good odds this jackassery will be quietly strangled to death in a basement broom closet in about 5 minutes' time. Time will tell.
"

And the did not mandate anything. They stated that there is no law preventing employers from requiring vaccines as a condition of employment. This has always been the case. If the government is to mandate anything, it would be to mandate employers hire regardless of vaccination status. Such would be just as wrong as mandating that they require it.

Freedom works both ways - you are free to refuse the vaccine and an employer is free to associate with those that did not refuse it. The government has no role to play here.
And......

From the link;

"The Empire Strikes Back: Just Following Orders

"What a coincidence! I'll just be following orders when I pull the
lever and watch your necks snap. History is funny like that."

Saw senior management today for a totally unrelated issue. As meeting wrapped up, they noted they had no record on file of my COVID vaccination status.
Me: Decline to answer, thanks anyhow.
Them: This is what we're getting as guidelines from the Califrutopia Department of Public Health.

That was their killshot. They really think they can tell employees to jump off a cliff, and then point to the state and say "They made us tell you." Um, ...sideways with a dull rusty chainsaw, bucko.

Me: This company hasn't done anything stupid with regard to COVID from last year until now. You really don't want to start doing stupid things now just because the state recommends them. You're going to get a lot of pushback, including from me, of a kind you don't want.
Them: We've already gotten a lot of pushback.
Me: My second call, if you follow through on this, will be refusal on all grounds, and a telephone call to someone with "Esq." after their name. I won't be tortured, and I won't be singled out, on capricious and arbitrary grounds, nor tolerate a hostile workplace environment. The state may be pushing this, but management and employees here are where the rubber is going to meet the road, and you'll end up paying a heavy price to "go along". Please, pass those concerns up the chain.
Them: But...but...but...reasons!
Me: In so many words:

"Don't push it, or I'll give you a war you won't believe. Let it go."

Them: Good talk! Bye!"

If we are lucky one good one will come along and play that shit and get that taken all the way to the Supreme Court and you will never see this level of stupidity ever, ever, ever again.
Sorry, Trump filled the SC with Judges like Kavanaugh who are very big on Corporation rights...

You wanted this and now you got it...

Find another job? Take the vaccine?

Or -- whine to the government. That's the ticket!
I know you understand this, but let me state it for others:

NEVER ask government to do anything, ever, ever, ever, EVER. They ALWAYS fuck it up.

If your employer is demanding that you get a vax, present them with a written statement for your immediate supervisor and HR manager to sign, that states something along the lines of: as a condition of your continued employment, they are requiring you to get the __________(specific name) vaccine, and it is part of your duties as an employee to get said vaccine.

Watch them squirm when they see that. They will never sign it (liability) and you will go back and forth with them until they either give you an out or fire you. Then, go collect unemployment from them while you get another job or start your own business.

:dunno:

Pretty simple.

This opens the door for companies to request entire medical records to see exactly what drugs their employees are taking to determine if they have any mental issues and if so, they can fire them if they please.
Absolutely, if they can use 'safety' as a reason, they can have access to anything about you they want, no right to privacy at all.

NEVER ask government to do anything, ever, ever, ever, EVER. They ALWAYS fuck it up.

If your employer is demanding that you get a vax, present them with a written statement for your immediate supervisor and HR manager to sign, that states something along the lines of: as a condition of your continued employment, they are requiring you to get the __________(specific name) vaccine, and it is part of your duties as an employee to get said vaccine.

Watch them squirm when they see that. They will never sign it (liability) and you will go back and forth with them until they either give you an out or fire you. Then, go collect unemployment from them while you get another job or start your own business.

Pretty simple.

Well the Government won WW1 and 2, went to the moon, eradicated Polio and Smallpox... How was the road you drove on today, the police force (are they all fuck ups), Firemen, Teachers, Military all fuck ups...
So you are going to admit that you are wrong or will we continue?

As for asking you employer to sign anything... Go on ahead ask away.. They won't sign it and you won't have a job... bye bye..

It was in reaponse to synthaholic mentioning about how rigjt wingers want to destroy unions..but now, regret it when they need them. My response was, I don't think the unions will be helpful here.
Not that they would, but if a union took the stance against vaccinations they would have much more power to negotiate than individual workers.

Pretty simple.

Get a medical exemption, have it signed by your primary doc, and you're good. Its a legal binding document.

HIPAA protects you from having your medical info being shared with people not authorized to have it.

That's it.
Sorry that turns out to be not true...

"If an employer asks an employee to provide proof that they have been vaccinated in order to allow that individual to work without wearing a facemask, that is not a HIPAA violation as HIPAA does not apply to most employers."

It would be illegal to get it from health provider...

Forum List

Back