So if a private business owner says one has to be vaxxed to work there

I don't think the unions will push back against this. The government just mandated that employers have the right to force vaccinations, I don't know if the unions will have the power to get that overturned.

The government can't "mandate" anything like this.

It will be in the courts for a long long time.

But not YOU of course...

Nuttin to do with me...i live off the blood of the workers
It's for lawsuits

ti5xic1O.jpeg

As far as in aware, no company, until this point, could force vaccinations. Granted, im not versed in corporate law and don't know the policies of every company, but, as of yet, I've never seen it.

Now, the ambiguity is gone, gov said companies can mandate vaccinations.
Try being a nurse in a cancer ward and telling them you do not need a flu vaccine or any other vaccine they deem necessary.

Link? Last I looked HIPAA guarantees health information privacy.
HIPPA guarantees that your health information will not be shared without your consent.

You are free to refuse to let employer know your vaccination status. You have always been free to do so. Your employer is free to lay you off or not hire you because of it as well. Employers do this all the time when they request information from you. You can always refuse, they can always go find someone that is not refusing and hire them instead.

Why do you think you have the right to force an employer give you their property (both the wage you agree on and access to the place of employment) to you if you refuse to do what they ask?

And the did not mandate anything. They stated that there is no law preventing employers from requiring vaccines as a condition of employment. This has always been the case. If the government is to mandate anything, it would be to mandate employers hire regardless of vaccination status. Such would be just as wrong as mandating that they require it.

Freedom works both ways - you are free to refuse the vaccine and an employer is free to associate with those that did not refuse it. The government has no role to play here.

Eeeeeeuw! After that little outburst of thoughtful reasoning by one of the forum's articulate anti-Vaxxers.....well, I think maybe the rest of the forum needs to go get vaccinated against infectious jackassery.

IMHO

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yupper.
Let's use AIDS as an allegory.
Very very few victims afflicted with AIDS....die of AIDS.
Noper. Something else gets 'em before AIDS does.
But AIDS has so weakened the immune system....that pneumonia, cardiovascular events, or some opportunistic infection can now more easily overcome the individual's weakened system.
Think Covid.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Which always spurs interested parties to ask such posters as Concerned American......well, what sources of information do you read/see/hear for you information?
Which do you recommend to the forum members here so that they can be as informed as you?
I'm not an anti-vaxxer. I have stated that many times. I am anti the covid platform. Now GFY.

Not really, i mean, I've never seen a company mandate that getting a flu vaccine is condition of employment.

Perhaps they could, but they never did. This is different. Many employers will likely push this.
I guess you were never in the military or any company that sends people over seas to work.

When balancing public-health interests against individual liberties, courts historically have given state entities much deference.

Still, the antivaccine legal effort represents one of the most significant tests in recent years of the government’s power to press adults to get vaccinated, legal scholars said.

Not really, i mean, I've never seen a company mandate that getting a flu vaccine is condition of employment.

Perhaps they could, but they never did. This is different. Many employers will likely push this.

This opens the door for companies to request entire medical records to see exactly what drugs their employees are taking to determine if they have any mental issues and if so, they can fire them if they please.

What can the employee do? As of today? At will employment says all power is with the employer.

Exactly.

Big business has been given way too much power over their employees.

Texas court already ruled that a private business can mandate employees vaccinate.

The right to work laws that so many conservatives demanded in the last few decades gave business the power to fire a person for almost any reason.

The employee today can either get vaccinated or find employment elsewhere.

Maybe conservatives shouldn't have been demanding those right to work laws and to give big business so much power over their employees all these years.

Forum List

Back