So if a private business owner says one has to be vaxxed to work there

I can't speak to the rights of employees or employers for this thread.

But I can share a real-world reality at our dentist.
He has mandated that if you want dental work done in his office you must be vaccinated.

I was surprised when I heard that. Didn't know that he would or could take such a definitive stance.

This is what he told my wife (she ---and I ---have each been poked twice, since early March): He did it for his staff. He did it because his staffers demanded it. He said ---and there's about 8 of 'em -----but he said they came to him and said they didn't feel safe putting their hands in the mouths or being in close proximity in the operary with the un-vaccinated.

They asked him to inform all patients on the waiting list that they must show proof of vaccinations in order to get service from his office.

He agreed, and that's what they did. And that is the situation at his office now.
What it has cost him in patient drop-outs.....I dunno.

Digital vaccine passports are coming, and your vaccinations are held by some government health service. I forget which one. Basically, gov knows if you've been vaccinated and this digital passport will be linked to that database.
They do know.

But.....the IRS is aware of who is here illegally but doesn't notify ICE. So... there is that.

If we are lucky one good one will come along and play that shit and get that taken all the way to the Supreme Court and you will never see this level of stupidity ever, ever, ever again.
Thanks. Hopefully, right-wingers won't repeat historical mistakes and simply be rebels without a Cause while trying to have us believe they are not really like that.

I don't think the unions will push back against this. The government just mandated that employers have the right to force vaccinations, I don't know if the unions will have the power to get that overturned.
Why would they want to?

Because the government will pay people more to not work, the entire workforce should quit.

What can the employee do? As of today? At will employment says all power is with the employer.
Well you could get a vaccination to protect yourself and your fellow employees or you could find another job, or you could go home and write anti-vax material while you collect money from the government for not working. According to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, employers can legally require COVID-19 vaccinations for employees. By law, employers are required to provide a safe workplace and what better way to do that than requiring a vaccination during a pandemic that has killed over 615,000 in the US.

I can't speak to the rights of employees or employers for this thread.

But I can share a real-world reality at our dentist.
He has mandated that if you want dental work done in his office you must be vaccinated.

I was surprised when I heard that. Didn't know that he would or could take such a definitive stance.

This is what he told my wife (she ---and I ---have each been poked twice, since early March): He did it for his staff. He did it because his staffers demanded it. He said ---and there's about 8 of 'em -----but he said they came to him and said they didn't feel safe putting their hands in the mouths or being in close proximity in the operary with the un-vaccinated.

They asked him to inform all patients on the waiting list that they must show proof of vaccinations in order to get service from his office.

He agreed, and that's what they did. And that is the situation at his office now.
What it has cost him in patient drop-outs.....I dunno.

Since we are being told that the vaccinated can still spread the virus will he simply shut down?

Forum List

Back