So apparently two wedding rings is becoming a thing now

SwimExpert

Gold Member
Nov 26, 2013
What the fuck, people!?! Don't get me wrong, I love what I do and I love being a part of a this industry. But sometimes I just want to slap the fuck out of these materialistic, stuck up, whiny, entitled fuck heads who rush to throw thousands of dollars at bullshit THINGS so they can show off their perceived special status, but will go absolutely apeshit at the thought of paying reasonable compensation to people who are providing necessary and/or desired services at high levels of quality, talent, and professionalism.

Do you realize it can be up to a 20 hour comittment to write and perform a personalized wedding ceremony? The average pre-booking consultation is 30-45 minutes. Planning averages 1.5 - 2 hours. Drafting and revising can take anywhere from 5 - 15 hours. And performance of the ceremony takes an average 2 hours. And if you aren't doing all this for $250 or less, you're allegedly ripping people off! After spending $2k - $4k for a photographer, $75 - $150 a head for your 150 guests, cake, videographer, DJ, venue, flowers, dress, and countless trinkets, rentals, and other things, you really mean to tell me $500 - $600 is for the one element that is legally required in order for you to become married to create a profoundly personal and emotionally inspiring ceremony?!?!

[/rant]

What the fuck, people!?! Don't get me wrong, I love what I do and I love being a part of a this industry. But sometimes I just want to slap the fuck out of these materialistic, stuck up, whiny, entitled fuck heads who rush to throw thousands of dollars at bullshit THINGS so they can show off their perceived special status, but will go absolutely apeshit at the thought of paying reasonable compensation to people who are providing necessary and/or desired services at high levels of quality, talent, and professionalism.

Do you realize it can be up to a 20 hour comittment to write and perform a personalized wedding ceremony? The average pre-booking consultation is 30-45 minutes. Planning averages 1.5 - 2 hours. Drafting and revising can take anywhere from 5 - 15 hours. And performance of the ceremony takes an average 2 hours. And if you aren't doing all this for $250 or less, you're allegedly ripping people off! After spending $2k - $4k for a photographer, $75 - $150 a head for your 150 guests, cake, videographer, DJ, venue, flowers, dress, and countless trinkets, rentals, and other things, you really mean to tell me $500 - $600 is for the one element that is legally required in order for you to become married to create a profoundly personal and emotionally inspiring ceremony?!?!

[/rant]

Unless you're going to make kids, why get "married"?

I mean really.

Just a thought ...

$250 ring set for the wife, $50 ring for me.

License, Justice of the Peace.

Went home and tore out carpeting so installers could put in new the next morning.

[/rant]

I mean really.

Just a thought ...

Sometimes people get married for "security" whatever that means.....but

What you said there, is exactly what our father said to us....do not get married.

The yin and yang of life I guess....may be yes may be no.... nobody holds the key to the answer:dunno:

Lets put it this way

Some should get married....and some should not.

There we go:biggrin:

I will never be a person who thinks that two rings are needed. In a way, I don't see what the big deal over an engagement ring is either when engagements become a thing of the past once "I do." has been said.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

$250 ring set for the wife, $50 ring for me.

License, Justice of the Peace.

Went home and tore out carpeting so installers could put in new the next morning.

I was so mad when I found out mine was only $500 and I spent 9 grand on hers, with my 2nd wife I got smart $50 bucks...lol

[/rant]

But people have been doing that for a long time, just only women did it, now men do it, and it's wrong?

Personally I think marriage is wrong, but hey.

[/rant]

But people have been doing that for a long time, just only women did it, now men do it, and it's wrong?

Personally I think marriage is wrong, but hey.

I think what you meant to say is there's always been the occasional twat who is so stuck on herself she felt the need to have two wedding bands. There's always been alot of consumer spending in the wedding industry. But the whole industry is sadly going downhill in recent years with increasingly spoiled entitlement jackasses who are more and more obsessed with things.

[/rant]

I mean really.

Just a thought ...
There are many legal reasons to enter into the property contract of marriage

Marriage Rights and Benefits | Nolo.com

Married for Men............."Financial Slavery"

Only if you marry someone who makes less and will be dependent.

Even if a woman makes twice as much as you, she still expects you to fork it over for her.

That has not been my experience. Maybe choose better women.

No such thing. Women will always demand it, because there will always be a chump man who will do it.

[/rant]

I mean really.

Just a thought ...
There are many legal reasons to enter into the property contract of marriage

Marriage Rights and Benefits | Nolo.com

Suit yourself.

[/rant]

I mean really.

Just a thought ...

I was actually going to be cheeky and respond with a copy-paste of material I've written for several different wedding ceremonies. Fortunately it only took me a few seconds to realize how incredibly stupid that would be for both business and privacy reasons.

Suffice it to say that marriage is a unique relationship that goes well beyond a common romance. A lot of people make the mistake of thinking that marriage is about love, when the truth is that love is only the beginning. Marriage is a relationship where emotions combines with the will. We fall helplessly into love, but when we choose to be committed through a lifelong partnership, we move beyond mere romance.

....Yep, I think I just wrote some new material here. All rights reserved.

Married for Men............."Financial Slavery"

Only if you marry someone who makes less and will be dependent.

Even if a woman makes twice as much as you, she still expects you to fork it over for her.

That has not been my experience. Maybe choose better women.

No such thing. Women will always demand it, because there will always be a chump man who will do it.

I've been married twice and now have a dedicated Life Partner. Neither of my wives required me to fork over my money. My current partner makes more than I do, and we have separate bank accounts.

There are plenty of women who only want a partner.

Forum List

Back