SNL writer says she'll give a blowjob to anyone who punches the Covington smiling kid.

Scuze moi, but the Surveillance Media have data scientists, algorithms and AI for analyzing all of this content. The only issue is them actually spending money to control content and then forgoing the profits that the monetization of the deleted toxic behavior would have generated.

USMB has mods that delete comments from users who cross the line. We do not see the Doxxing and calls to punch teenager in the face or to get them expelled from school here. The Mega Platforms enable and allow this hideous, illegal behavior...and actually PROFIT from it.

The Surveillance Media are not Too Big To Be Accountable.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand you didn't address the point at all.

That being, *HOW* is a medium responsible for what someone writes on it? If Picaro spray-paints "Injuns go home" on a wall ---- shall we blame the wall? For "not being accountable"? :uhh:

Is a newspaper responsible for the "letters to the editor" and classified ads it publishes? Yes and Yes.

If Picaro sprays on a wall, he has vandalized the wall - not the same as if the building owner provided the spray paint and stood back and watched.

You lose.
Newspapers edit and decide what is published so yes they are responsible. Social media does not edit and review everything that is published. They have algorithms that flag, copywrited, vulgar, or dangerous material so there are some filters in place but it is a very different medium than a newspaper or magazine
Newspapers don't do much fact checking first or they'd not be in this mess.

And we're still waiting for any inkling of what "this mess" they're "in" and/or what facts "they" didn't check.

Been going three days unanswered.

If all y'all put together can't come up with an answer to that how do you expect an attorney to do it?

I'll have to assume you and JO and whoever else have been frantically crawling the web looking for any evidence of what y'all thought the "media said" that was libelous, have been unable to find anything for three days, and now, having realized things were not what you thought they were, your response is to double down on what you know you can't prove.

Which is, sadly, typical around this joint.

if they're not responsible for it then they need to stop policing it to determine what is right and wrong.
I think it reasonable for each platform to have standards for their allowable content to make sure it isn’t too vulgar, threatening, or dangerous. I don’t think they need to be responsible for fact checking things one person says about another
Then they should stop fact checking or be content publishers
I don’t think they currently fact check, I think they have terms of service that they enforce and it isn’t based on fact checking but more so vulgarity and security
Facebook Expanding Fact-Checking Project to Combat Fake News
They got their work cut out for them. Sounds like they are trying to stop the spread of fake news stories. If they are monitoring people’s personal posts that would get crazy. I’m glad I don’t uses those sites but for the occasional biz purposes. I think they all rot the brain
i simply do not post political posts anymore and i seldom comment on them either.

for the CNN example, i made the post from a news source saying CNN was going after the names of those on the jury, addresses also. given CNN loves to dox people who don't follow their line of thought, what else could they want them for? i ask that and a "friend" posted that i was all wrong and CNN had every right to ask because it's news. i explained i was in the "news" field and i couldn't think of a good reason why CNN would want to know while the trial was going on and to give me an example. he proceeded to just bitch at me and tell me what a "trumper" i was. i told him i am not going to argue about it so drop it. he didn't drop it but kept yelling at me on my page. i said twice GOODBYE (i was leaving the topic was my point of reference) and stopped replying to him at all.

within minutes my post was deleted and i got the "does not conform to community standards" routine where there was nothing factually incorrect about CNN asking (they were) or my asking why they needed them. but simply because i wouldn't reply and argue "back" he "unfriended me", reported me and demanded my post gets deleted. facebook did it w/o question; ergo determining what content is allowed on their platform and what are "facts" to them.

but since 99% of political posts are just people screaming at the other side, i gave up trying to express my views cause within minutes i'd be told how wrong i was. this is my only real example of having my "facts" deleted. but i've had several friends simply quit the platform because they'd post something political / conservative and 90% of the time, facebook deleted it, usually w/o word.

"You white people go back to europe, where you came from"

"This is not your land"

"Get the fuck out of here"

"Youre being a white man about it" (whatever that means)

6:54

Thank you. I heard all of this two days ago. And how exactly is that "racist"?

What do you think "racist" actually means?

And ---- I'll keep asking this until I get an answer ---- why do you keep deflecting the topic from Smirk-Boi?

Seriously guys, this situation isn’t that hard to fairly lay out... a bunch of kids hopped up on Mountain Dew were mouthing off at the center of lively political protests. The Black Hebrew Israelites we’re guilty of yelling ugly stuff, the kids were yelling ugly stuff. The Native Americans walked into the crowd of kids, maybe to calm them down or maybe to push back against the MAGA. Smirk boy played tough guy and decided to get in a stare down with drum beater. Some of the Indians crossed the line by getting in an inappropriate yelling match with the kids. The media released a very bias and narrow story focusing on the MAGA and not showing all aspects of what happened and now it’s blowing back in their face. So every group holds some responsibility. Can we all agree and end this BS now?!

What ugly stuff did the kids yell? For the record, youll need video evidence to back up your claim.

I don’t know what to tell you Godboy, we are both watching the same video and we are seeing different things. The BHIs were obviously the aggressive vulgar ones. The kids were jumping around laughing and chanting, nothing wrong about that but it was provoking. When the Indians marched in most the kids danced and chanted, most probably did so in good fun, some may have appeared to be mocking Indians, who knows. The stare down was provoking I don’t care how you paint it. Go to a bar and do that to a random guy and see how it works out. We all know you’d likely end up in a fight. The kid should have backed down and the drum beater should have backed down, they both own some fault. I didn’t hear what the other kid said to the other Indian but they were obviously jarring at eachother and then the Indian went off the rails which was wrong. I don’t know why I need to spell all this out, we both saw the video, I’m done with your spin if you can’t be honest about a situation that’s your problem.

A guy comes up to them, banging a drum, singing terribly and the song itself can barely even be considered a song, why on earth WOULDNT they make fun of him? Because of his skin color? Because hes an indian he gets a free pass?

What ugly things did the kids say? You made the claim, so be specific.

I was speaking to their actions, what we can all see in the video, everything I’ve laid out multiple times. Why are you trying so hard to make excuses for them. If those were my kids I’d be embarrassed at their conduct. I’m glad nobody got aggressive as they were certainly being aggravated so kudos for that but they were not conducting themselves in a respectful way either

Scuze moi, but the Surveillance Media have data scientists, algorithms and AI for analyzing all of this content. The only issue is them actually spending money to control content and then forgoing the profits that the monetization of the deleted toxic behavior would have generated.

USMB has mods that delete comments from users who cross the line. We do not see the Doxxing and calls to punch teenager in the face or to get them expelled from school here. The Mega Platforms enable and allow this hideous, illegal behavior...and actually PROFIT from it.

The Surveillance Media are not Too Big To Be Accountable.

That being, *HOW* is a medium responsible for what someone writes on it? If Picaro spray-paints "Injuns go home" on a wall ---- shall we blame the wall? For "not being accountable"? :uhh:

Is a newspaper responsible for the "letters to the editor" and classified ads it publishes? Yes and Yes.

If Picaro sprays on a wall, he has vandalized the wall - not the same as if the building owner provided the spray paint and stood back and watched.

You lose.
Newspapers edit and decide what is published so yes they are responsible. Social media does not edit and review everything that is published. They have algorithms that flag, copywrited, vulgar, or dangerous material so there are some filters in place but it is a very different medium than a newspaper or magazine

Just because Surveillance Media fails in its review responsibility, doesn't justify that failure. There is plenty of empirical evidence of deletions, suspensions and banishments to show that when they do care, they take action. And the fact that they only do this when they care demonstrates that they are acting in an editorial capacity. Hence, they are content providers and publishers.
They have a terms of services that every user agrees to when they sign up. They can enforce whatever they want

And the way they enforce makes them content providers/media companies.

Thanks for playing!

I think it reasonable for each platform to have standards for their allowable content to make sure it isn’t too vulgar, threatening, or dangerous. I don’t think they need to be responsible for fact checking things one person says about another
I don’t think they currently fact check, I think they have terms of service that they enforce and it isn’t based on fact checking but more so vulgarity and security
I've had posts deleted cause they were not "factual" so I'll disagree here.
Really?! On what site?
On Facebook. I posted a link that cnn was after Manafort jurist names and I didn't see why they needed them.

Facebook said that was not true, or didn't follow community standards, n deleted my post.
makes sense after reading your article. Looks like they are monitoring linked articles that have been debunked. They are trying to limit fake news trying to pass as real news

Facebook Expanding Fact-Checking Project to Combat Fake News
They got their work cut out for them. Sounds like they are trying to stop the spread of fake news stories. If they are monitoring people’s personal posts that would get crazy. I’m glad I don’t uses those sites but for the occasional biz purposes. I think they all rot the brain
i simply do not post political posts anymore and i seldom comment on them either.

for the CNN example, i made the post from a news source saying CNN was going after the names of those on the jury, addresses also. given CNN loves to dox people who don't follow their line of thought, what else could they want them for? i ask that and a "friend" posted that i was all wrong and CNN had every right to ask because it's news. i explained i was in the "news" field and i couldn't think of a good reason why CNN would want to know while the trial was going on and to give me an example. he proceeded to just bitch at me and tell me what a "trumper" i was. i told him i am not going to argue about it so drop it. he didn't drop it but kept yelling at me on my page. i said twice GOODBYE (i was leaving the topic was my point of reference) and stopped replying to him at all.

within minutes my post was deleted and i got the "does not conform to community standards" routine where there was nothing factually incorrect about CNN asking (they were) or my asking why they needed them. but simply because i wouldn't reply and argue "back" he "unfriended me", reported me and demanded my post gets deleted. facebook did it w/o question; ergo determining what content is allowed on their platform and what are "facts" to them.

but since 99% of political posts are just people screaming at the other side, i gave up trying to express my views cause within minutes i'd be told how wrong i was. this is my only real example of having my "facts" deleted. but i've had several friends simply quit the platform because they'd post something political / conservative and 90% of the time, facebook deleted it, usually w/o word.
Yeah, I don’t really understand why people go political on Facebook unless they are looking for confrontation. That’s like rule number one in social ediquite “don’t talk politics!” It’s a great platform for keeping in touch with friends/family and cataloging events but beyond that we need to cool our jets IMO

You lose.

Just because Surveillance Media fails in its review responsibility, doesn't justify that failure. There is plenty of empirical evidence of deletions, suspensions and banishments to show that when they do care, they take action. And the fact that they only do this when they care demonstrates that they are acting in an editorial capacity. Hence, they are content providers and publishers.
They have a terms of services that every user agrees to when they sign up. They can enforce whatever they want

Thanks for playing!
I see your point but I don’t think it rises to that level. If they continue to generate and regulate their content it might cross the line but for now I think it’s up to us to decide what we use and how we use it

Really?! On what site?
On Facebook. I posted a link that cnn was after Manafort jurist names and I didn't see why they needed them.

Facebook said that was not true, or didn't follow community standards, n deleted my post.
makes sense after reading your article. Looks like they are monitoring linked articles that have been debunked. They are trying to limit fake news trying to pass as real news
CNN *did* ask for the jurors names and addresses. of that there is no doubt at all.

so what was "debunked"?

and again - if they are now taking this path, they are not longer just a social media site, but someone who is now trying to determine what is right/true or wrong/lie. not their role.

Last edited:

And ---- I'll keep asking this until I get an answer ---- why do you keep deflecting the topic from Smirk-Boi?
Seriously guys, this situation isn’t that hard to fairly lay out... a bunch of kids hopped up on Mountain Dew were mouthing off at the center of lively political protests. The Black Hebrew Israelites we’re guilty of yelling ugly stuff, the kids were yelling ugly stuff. The Native Americans walked into the crowd of kids, maybe to calm them down or maybe to push back against the MAGA. Smirk boy played tough guy and decided to get in a stare down with drum beater. Some of the Indians crossed the line by getting in an inappropriate yelling match with the kids. The media released a very bias and narrow story focusing on the MAGA and not showing all aspects of what happened and now it’s blowing back in their face. So every group holds some responsibility. Can we all agree and end this BS now?!
What ugly stuff did the kids yell? For the record, youll need video evidence to back up your claim.
I don’t know what to tell you Godboy, we are both watching the same video and we are seeing different things. The BHIs were obviously the aggressive vulgar ones. The kids were jumping around laughing and chanting, nothing wrong about that but it was provoking. When the Indians marched in most the kids danced and chanted, most probably did so in good fun, some may have appeared to be mocking Indians, who knows. The stare down was provoking I don’t care how you paint it. Go to a bar and do that to a random guy and see how it works out. We all know you’d likely end up in a fight. The kid should have backed down and the drum beater should have backed down, they both own some fault. I didn’t hear what the other kid said to the other Indian but they were obviously jarring at eachother and then the Indian went off the rails which was wrong. I don’t know why I need to spell all this out, we both saw the video, I’m done with your spin if you can’t be honest about a situation that’s your problem.
A guy comes up to them, banging a drum, singing terribly and the song itself can barely even be considered a song, why on earth WOULDNT they make fun of him? Because of his skin color? Because hes an indian he gets a free pass?

I was speaking to their actions, what we can all see in the video, everything I’ve laid out multiple times. Why are you trying so hard to make excuses for them. If those were my kids I’d be embarrassed at their conduct. I’m glad nobody got aggressive as they were certainly being aggravated so kudos for that but they were not conducting themselves in a respectful way either
You said the kids said ugly things. Back up your claim or admit you lied.

again - i've watched several videos of the kids and i simply don't see them "acting the fool" or anything to be embarrassed about. i see (2) different groups targeting them likely cause of MAGA hats and instant "socially acceptable hate" that needs to stop.

how they react sure - they own. but given they're kids in high school, i simply don't see how we can be embarrassed by their behavior. if there is a specific video / time spot - point it out.

You lose.

Thanks for playing!
I see your point but I don’t think it rises to that level. If they continue to generate and regulate their content it might cross the line but for now I think it’s up to us to decide what we use and how we use it

They do curate content and publish it. The fact that it is at an enormous scale should not shield them from responsibility and liability.

Really?! On what site?

CNN *did* ask for the jurors names and addresses. of that there is no doubt at all.

so what was "debunked"?

and again - if they are now taking this path, they are not longer just a social media site, but someone who is now trying to determine what is right/true or wrong/lie. not their role.
I don’t know, perhaps it wasn’t that statement maybe there was more in the article you link to??

I literally just explained what I was talking about. Did you not understand?

You havent admitted that the kids never said anything "ugly", which you claimed earlier.

Ill admit that you arent being an over the top weirdo right now (unlike many other posters), but you still said something that was completely untrue.

Really?! On what site?

so what was "debunked"?

I don’t know, perhaps it wasn’t that statement maybe there was more in the article you link to??

CNN Sued The Government For Names, Addresses Of Manafort Jurors

you tell me why this is "fake" and facebook needs to remove it from their viewers site.

You havent admitted that the kids never said anything "ugly", which you claimed earlier.

Ill admit that you arent being an over the top weirdo right now (unlike many other posters), but you still said something that was completely untrue.
If you need to call me a liar then call me a liar I don’t really give a shit. I explained my statement and you either don’t get it or you are intentionally spinning, either way, you’re beating a dead horse

then i missed it also.

1. the kid should have backed down. why? he didn't start anything. the other guy got in his face and started beating a drum. the kid at this point had zero idea what was going on so he just smiled and ran with it.

is this a problem?

2. he owns fault in this. why? what would you do in this situation? as far as i know there isn't a guidebook of what to properly do when someone confronts you in public. we all are going to handle it in our own way and the rest of the world gets the luxury of sitting back and judging something they were never involved in and only have seen minutes of videos to tell them who's right and who's wrong. is that enough?

it would seem that what we have seen so far (at least what i have seen) is nothing more than him holding his own and trying to NOT start anything. if he had "backed down" would the rest have left him alone? doubtful as he wasn't doing anything to them when they approached him, other than wearing a hat they disagreed with.

3. you didn't hear what the other kid said - then how can you sit there and say he was right OR wrong in this instance?

i don't see kids jacked up on mt dew and causing a ruckus (as much as i love the analogy i don't see it fitting here).

what did the kids do that you would be ashamed of if they were your kids?

Really?! On what site?

so what was "debunked"?

you tell me why this is "fake" and facebook needs to remove it from their viewers site.
Reads like a fair article to me. If FB deleted it I’d say they should provide a reason and if it is because of fake news they should provide a link showing the fact check. Either way, I don’t like the deletion

so what was "debunked"?

Reads like a fair article to me. If FB deleted it I’d say they should provide a reason and if it is because of fake news they should provide a link showing the fact check. Either way, I don’t like the deletion
i just stopped posting *anything* political at that point for awhile. it's frustrating to be treated as if you did something wrong when you in fact, did nothing wrong. but to be told you're spreading fake news?

that said enough from facebooks policies and actions to me to know they're trying to be the nanny state and tell you what is real and what isn't.

so NOT their job.

then i missed it also.

1. the kid should have backed down. why? he didn't start anything. the other guy got in his face and started beating a drum. the kid at this point had zero idea what was going on so he just smiled and ran with it.

is this a problem?

2. he owns fault in this. why? what would you do in this situation? as far as i know there isn't a guidebook of what to properly do when someone confronts you in public. we all are going to handle it in our own way and the rest of the world gets the luxury of sitting back and judging something they were never involved in and only have seen minutes of videos to tell them who's right and who's wrong. is that enough?

it would seem that what we have seen so far (at least what i have seen) is nothing more than him holding his own and trying to NOT start anything. if he had "backed down" would the rest have left him alone? doubtful as he wasn't doing anything to them when they approached him, other than wearing a hat they disagreed with.

3. you didn't hear what the other kid said - then how can you sit there and say he was right OR wrong in this instance?

i don't see kids jacked up on mt dew and causing a ruckus (as much as i love the analogy i don't see it fitting here).

what did the kids do that you would be ashamed of if they were your kids?
You see the majority of kids either dancing or clapping with the drum in good fun. Some maybe mocking but I’ll gibe them the benefit of the doubt. Then you see this kid puff up and stare the old guy down. The old guy should have ignored the kid and gone around, that’s his bad. The kid should have done what the other kids were doing and backed down. A 5 minute stare down is not respectable actions in my opinion and would instigate a fist fight in most situations . I’m a high school coach so I’m used to groups of excited teenagers but I also teach how to deescalate not antagonize. The Black Hebrews were the instigators saying horrible things, they should have been ignored. The kids responded by chanting and dancing and and laughing in their faces. Screw the black Hebrew guys, I understand the urge to throw it back in their face, but that’s not how we should encourage our children to act in situations like that.

Forum List

Back