Smart plan...let the governors decide.

initforme

Gold Member
Apr 23, 2011
Very good plan president Trump. I applaud your leadership. 1). Let each governor decide and 2). A very slow and targeted reopening and 3) many guidelines for states to follow.

Idiotic.

I remember they said they were going to shut down civil society so as not to overwhelm health care facilities.

Now? They have plenty of empty hospital beds and plenty of healthcare resources.

You folks are brainwashed.

92358054_10158071143644648_5470088344098570240_n.jpg

Too many of these politicians have AGENDAS. They need to be dragged to doing the right thing. Their .motives are not pure

They bashed Trump for NOT issuing a national lockdown order.

Letting the states decide for themselves was the plan all along...yet with some guidance so we can do it in a coordinated way.

And if a hot spot flares up...it'll need to be locked down again...hopefully without the need for an order from the president.

They bashed Trump for NOT issuing a national lockdown order.

Letting the states decide for themselves was the plan all along...yet with some guidance so we can do it in a coordinated way.

And if a hot spot flares up...it'll need to be locked down again...hopefully without the need for an order from the president.

China lifted their restrictions, and now they are having another outbreak. As some have said, this will not be totally over until we develop a vaccine for this. Regardless what this President or my Governor does, I'm going to continue to stay home. I'm in a high-risk category if I catch this thing.

The only way I will return to a sami-normal way of life is if I could get my hands on one of those N-95 masks. The only way I could return to a total normal way of life is if I get blood from a donor that had this virus, and developed the antibodies that created an immunity to it. Or once again, if a vaccine is made available to us.

The better plan was to have one person coordinating everything. Trump should be calling all the shots. The fact that Trump can be blocked by blue state governors is proof the Founding Fathers were not perfect. There are parts of the Constitution that need to be changed.

The better plan was to have one person coordinating everything. Trump should be calling all the shots. The fact that Trump can be blocked by blue state governors is proof the Founding Fathers were not perfect. There are parts of the Constitution that need to be changed.

That would be very difficult for the President to do given the fact that each state has different levels of the problem. Trump can't study each state like their own Governors can, so it's a wise move to let them make the call. Besides, if things don't go well, they can't blame Trump for it.

Very good plan president Trump. I applaud your leadership. 1). Let each governor decide and 2). A very slow and targeted reopening and 3) many guidelines for states to follow.

one day after he claimed he had the authority to open up the country he does a 180 and puts state gov's back in control -

after his handlers reminded him his loud mouth just put the responsibility in his vest pocket -

:abgg2q.jpg:

Methinks you misunderstand the aim of the Founders.

Trump should NOT be calling all the shots; that's not the purpose of the federal government in this sort of situation.

We have states for a reason, and they're sovereign for a reason. Every region of the country is different, with different needs and concerns. The people of those regions decide for themselves what sort of leadership and guidance their region needs, and it's not for the federal government or anyone other elitist type to swoop in and tell them they know better and start making their decisions for them.

That would be very difficult for the President to do given the fact that each state has different levels of the problem. Trump can't study each state like their own Governors can, so it's a wise move to let them make the call. Besides, if things don't go well, they can't blame Trump for it.

And if the people of a state aren't happy with the decisions their governor makes . . . well, they're the ones who chose him, and they can deal with him.

As long as governors show daily that they are trying to move forward then fine
I fear it is a bit too piecemeal and that governors will foot drag and wait for another one to take action
The time for quaking uncertainty and hiding has ended. Time to step out into the sunshine and take what life has, and always has, to give us!

Last edited:

Trump should NOT be calling all the shots; that's not the purpose of the federal government in this sort of situation.

We have states for a reason, and they're sovereign for a reason. Every region of the country is different, with different needs and concerns. The people of those regions decide for themselves what sort of leadership and guidance their region needs, and it's not for the federal government or anyone other elitist type to swoop in and tell them they know better and start making their decisions for them.

Problem is that people from one state can travel to another, so the feds do need to be a little bit involved.

I think they should have included alcohol sales as a necessary business. Now, our state is having a problem, because PA categorized their alcohol sales as a non-essential business. So people from PA are driving here to buy alcohol. That created an additional problem for our Governor. And mind you, when they came here, they really stock up since some had to drive so far.

Now our stores by the border are required to ask for ID for alcohol no matter how old you are to make sure you have an Ohio drivers license and not a PA license. If you have a PA licenses, they will not sell you the booze or beer. The reason our Governor listed alcohol as an essential product is so our people were not driving into other states to buy alcohol. PA has 2.5 times our cases in Ohio.

Problem is that people from one state can travel to another, so the feds do need to be a little bit involved.

I think they should have included alcohol sales as a necessary business. Now, our state is having a problem, because PA categorized their alcohol sales as a non-essential business. So people from PA are driving here to buy alcohol. That created an additional problem for our Governor. And mind you, when they came here, they really stock up since some had to drive so far.

Now our stores by the border are required to ask for ID for alcohol no matter how old you are to make sure you have an Ohio drivers license and not a PA license. If you have a PA licenses, they will not sell you the booze or beer. The reason our Governor listed alcohol as an essential product is so our people were not driving into other states to buy alcohol. PA has 2.5 times our cases in Ohio.

Oh, the federal government certainly has a part to play in this situation; I'm just saying that it's NOT "calling all the shots".

Forum List

Back