Slavery reparations?

Are you for or against slavery reparations?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Their families sold them. We housed and fed them, gave them and their descendants a better life than mud thatched huts and dirt floors and a direct gateway into America to eventually be doctors, lawyers, CEOs and engineers. I'm all for reparations for that. But the statue of limitations ended about 150 years ago. The guy that owes you is long dead and buried. Want reparations from me? I'll gladly give you a one way ticket back to Ethiopia.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

That's not how it happened. There is no statute if limitations on human rights violations.

Psychosis is characterized by an impaired relationship with reality. Apparently you suffer from this condition. Specifically Delusional disorder. A person experiencing delusional disorder strongly believes in things that aren’t real. Your posts are evidence of this. You may want to check your health insurance to see if your condition is covered then go seek the appropriate medical help.

Don't try to psychoanalyze me, Jackass, I've written a book on the analysis of personality and disorder. As to your human rights violations, they do indeed end-- -- -- -- with the person that committed them. Slavery was an international and global industry that died two centuries ago. You got a problem with it, don't read about it, because its nothing more than a page of a history book to you. Get your hands out of my pockets, Welfare Whore, and I'll take my shoe out of your ass.

I don't give a fuck what you say you wrote. You have a mental disorder.

Psychosis is characterized by an impaired relationship with reality. Apparently there are whites here that suffer from this condition. Specifically Delusional disorder. A person experiencing delusional disorder strongly believes in things that aren’t real. Their posts are evidence of this. You racists may want to check your health insurance to see if your condition is covered then go seek the appropriate medical help.

Things did not end with slavery loon.

If you could calm down just a little, perhaps we could have a rational discussion about this?

Did you own slaves? Have you been unjust or even unkind to a black person? If you didn't, why is reparations for slavery or injustices following emancipation your responsibility? I have never harmed or been unkind or discriminated against any black person ever, at least for being black. Why am I responsible to pay reparations to you or anybody else that I had absolutely nothing to do with?

Per Walter Williams in a thoughtful essay four years ago:

. . .Capturing Africans to sell into slavery was done by Arabs and black Africans. Would reparations advocates demand that citizens of Ghana, Ivory Coast, Nigeria, Kenya and several Muslim states tax themselves to make reparation payments to progeny of people whom their ancestors helped to enslave?. . .​

And he further comments:

. . .There's another moral or fairness issue. A large percentage, if not most, of today's Americans — be they of European, Asian, African or Latin ancestry — don't even go back three or four generations as American citizens. Their ancestors arrived on our shores long after slavery. What standard of justice justifies their being taxed to compensate blacks for slavery? For example, in 1956, thousands of Hungarians fled the brutality of the USSR to settle in the U.S. What do Hungarians owe blacks for slavery? . . .

In there somewhere he pointed out the black slave owners. Can we determine who descended from them in order to hold them accountable for the actions of their ancestors?​

He sums this up in a single question: "What moral principle justifies punishing a white of today to compensate a black of today for what a white of yesterday did to a black of yesterday?"

Slavery Reparations, by Walter E.Williams

Williams agreed that those who savaged the black man via all aspects of slave trade and slave ownership owe restitution to those they mistreated, misused, denied their unalienable rights. But they're all dead now.

Many suffered various kinds of discrimination and/or cultural restrictions through no fault of our own--women, the Irish, the Chinese, Italian miners, etc. etc. etc. And then there are all those cursed with irresponsible and abusive/neglectful parents and were handicapped by that experience. Who is responsible for paying for injustices done to all of those people?

We can learn from our history, understand it, appreciate it, or condemn it, but we can't undo it. And all that would be accomplished by trying is to heap more injustice on top of what has already been done.

I am having the rational discussion. Everything here you post denies one simple reality. Others have gotten reparations for past wrongs.
What's with you people who are always looking for hand outs? Get a job you bum.

Another video promoting the exact same BS!

imageproxy.php

I'm assuming this new account, "GarthBevers," whomever it is, was banned for Necro-Posting?

:abgg2q.jpg:

Actually it is true and that's why you need to look up who has received reparations. For example in 2015 Jews got reparations from our government to pay for what Germans did. So it's like this, you have the same access to the internet like everyone else and I'm tired if you whites asking dumb questions because you don't want to believe something except what you whites make yourselves believe. So take your ass to a search engine and find out.

Oh! Well, if Jews got reparations, every group that has ever been wronged by the US government must have gotten reparations! :rofl:

You were clearly far too broad with your statement. All sorts of groups can claim to have been wronged by the US government in our history. The idea that every one of those groups, other than blacks, has received reparations is hilarious. :D

You're tired of "you whites" asking dumb questions, are you? First, how do you know what race I am? Second, how is asking for clarification on a claim you made a "dumb question"? Third, to repeat, the idea that every group (other than blacks) that has been wronged by the US government has received reparations is just asinine.

Montrovant you have chosen to play a game with words. So let me make this very clear, so you understand and end playing your usual dumb ass game if semantics. I stated that every group has been wronged by this government has received reparations but blacks. Not every group that has claimed, but every group where wrongdoing has been proven. You kinda have to prove such things Montrovant. And if you think we don't have proof as blacks, then that's what's asinine.

In other words, as per usual, you misspoke and refused to admit it. Even now, rather than admit the mistake, you are trying to spin it so that your statement actually meant every group that has proven to have been wronged by the government.

Even there, it is clearly untrue. Every time a law has been found to be discriminatory it is an instance of the government having wronged some group or groups, just to give one example.

And while blacks as a whole have not been given reparations, there were the black men who were part of the Tuskegee syphilis experiment. That group of blacks were given reparations; the men who were part of the study as well as their heirs. Reparations were also paid due to the Rosewood incident, to what I believe were 9 survivors at the time.

I doubt reparations will be given for slavery, although I don't completely dismiss the possibility.

Montrovant I said what I meant and did not misspeak or spin. There are several types of reparations. Not all reparations involve money, but you want to argue because as usual you don't seem to be able to understand how we can ask for monetary reparations. Your second mistake is you assume the reparations are only for slavery.

The argument about not paying for slavery has no merit unless you can produce a new one. And telling me about 50-60 blacks who got reparations for those two events shows how pathetic those like you are. I gets old arguing with you guys knowing my argument is legitimate and I get these excuse laden posts and people like you playing semantics because I said all of the groups who have done something got reparations so you chose to disagree with that instead of the validity of my argument for reparations based on historical treatment of blacks in this nation. Just like you wanted to argue over the accuracy of a cartoon and cartoon characters, you are petty.

You said what you meant, but had to correct yourself later? :rofl:

Hey, if you think wanting statements to be accurate is petty, feel free to consider me petty.

My point in bringing up Tuskegee and Rosewood was merely that blacks have received reparations from the government; it is not that the government is opposed to blacks getting reparations that is the issue, but rather the reason for the reparations. You mentioned that "Jews got reparations" as though every Jew was granted reparations, when in fact it was a particular group of Jews.

I'm curious, do you think women deserve reparations from the government for the historical treatment they experienced in this nation? They were treated as second-class citizens for much of the country's history.

Trying to get reparations for all blacks in the US because of the historical treatment of blacks is just too broad and vague an attempt IMO.

I said what meant from he beginning. There was no correction. I know why you bought up[ Tuskegee and Rosewood. The problem with your argument is that others have gotten reparations. And what I also said is that if no one had ever got them I could understand the opposition.. These questions, arguments and statements I see in reference to reparations just make no sense given the fact hat reparations have been paid and still are being paid.

As to your question, black women would be eligible for reparations. White women participated in the oppression and human rights violations.

Oh! Well, if Jews got reparations, every group that has ever been wronged by the US government must have gotten reparations! :rofl:

You were clearly far too broad with your statement. All sorts of groups can claim to have been wronged by the US government in our history. The idea that every one of those groups, other than blacks, has received reparations is hilarious. :D

You're tired of "you whites" asking dumb questions, are you? First, how do you know what race I am? Second, how is asking for clarification on a claim you made a "dumb question"? Third, to repeat, the idea that every group (other than blacks) that has been wronged by the US government has received reparations is just asinine.

Montrovant you have chosen to play a game with words. So let me make this very clear, so you understand and end playing your usual dumb ass game if semantics. I stated that every group has been wronged by this government has received reparations but blacks. Not every group that has claimed, but every group where wrongdoing has been proven. You kinda have to prove such things Montrovant. And if you think we don't have proof as blacks, then that's what's asinine.

In other words, as per usual, you misspoke and refused to admit it. Even now, rather than admit the mistake, you are trying to spin it so that your statement actually meant every group that has proven to have been wronged by the government.

Even there, it is clearly untrue. Every time a law has been found to be discriminatory it is an instance of the government having wronged some group or groups, just to give one example.

And while blacks as a whole have not been given reparations, there were the black men who were part of the Tuskegee syphilis experiment. That group of blacks were given reparations; the men who were part of the study as well as their heirs. Reparations were also paid due to the Rosewood incident, to what I believe were 9 survivors at the time.

I doubt reparations will be given for slavery, although I don't completely dismiss the possibility.

Montrovant I said what I meant and did not misspeak or spin. There are several types of reparations. Not all reparations involve money, but you want to argue because as usual you don't seem to be able to understand how we can ask for monetary reparations. Your second mistake is you assume the reparations are only for slavery.

The argument about not paying for slavery has no merit unless you can produce a new one. And telling me about 50-60 blacks who got reparations for those two events shows how pathetic those like you are. I gets old arguing with you guys knowing my argument is legitimate and I get these excuse laden posts and people like you playing semantics because I said all of the groups who have done something got reparations so you chose to disagree with that instead of the validity of my argument for reparations based on historical treatment of blacks in this nation. Just like you wanted to argue over the accuracy of a cartoon and cartoon characters, you are petty.

Hey, if you think wanting statements to be accurate is petty, feel free to consider me petty.

My point in bringing up Tuskegee and Rosewood was merely that blacks have received reparations from the government; it is not that the government is opposed to blacks getting reparations that is the issue, but rather the reason for the reparations. You mentioned that "Jews got reparations" as though every Jew was granted reparations, when in fact it was a particular group of Jews.

I'm curious, do you think women deserve reparations from the government for the historical treatment they experienced in this nation? They were treated as second-class citizens for much of the country's history.

Trying to get reparations for all blacks in the US because of the historical treatment of blacks is just too broad and vague an attempt IMO.

I said what meant from he beginning. There was no correction. I know why you bought up[ Tuskegee and Rosewood. The problem with your argument is that others have gotten reparations. And what I also said is that if no one had ever got them I could understand the opposition.. These questions, arguments and statements I see in reference to reparations just make no sense given the fact hat reparations have been paid and still are being paid.

As to your question, black women would be eligible for reparations. White women participated in the oppression and human rights violations.

You are never going to get slavery reparations.
Not now, not ever...….NEVER!!

.Apparently you can't read. The reparations would not be just for slavery.

There were black owned slaves. White women have been denied alot, regardless of race. I don't think anyone deserves reparations. Besides, there is no way to determine who gets what, plus why should whites today pay when most didn't have ancestors that participated in slavery?

You are never going to get Jim Crow reparations.

.Keep talking. For either America pays or America dies. I didn't make that rule but the one who did will administer the punishment

So I have to laugh at you fool, because your comments don't faze.

Slavery reparations are a moronic idea.
Therefore it follows that supporters of Slavery reparations are morons.

.Keep talking. For either America pays or America dies. I didn't make that rule but the one who did will administer the punishment

Who made that rule?

All the idiots types in the white community have something to say. And they aren't even talking about what reason we state for reparations. Reparations for human rights violations are not moronic, therefore.......

You owe us money. It will be paid.

Last edited:

For either America pays or America dies.

Your whining is damn annoying, but it isn't going to kill anybody.

So who pays? And who gets paid?

For instance. . . . would every American, even black Americans be taxed for these reparations?

And what about folks like Obama, who don't even have slave ancestors but look black? Would they be eligible?

I have to say, I am really confused how this program would work.

Would they take DNA tests to see who is eligible and who would be liable to pay?

All the idiots types in the white community have something to say. And they aren't even talking about what reason we state for reparations. Reparations for human rights violations are not moronic, therefore.......

You want reperations go get them from the other African tribes that sold you into slavery. Otherwise STFU

For either America pays or America dies.

Your whining is damn annoying, but it isn't going to kill anybody.

"Vengeance is mine says the lord." I'm not he lord. And you should worry about what happens to this nation if you do not pay what you owe. For I am guaranteed to be fine with or without reparations, but as for those like you.....,

You want reperations go get them from the other African tribes that sold you into slavery. Otherwise STFU

No, because that's not exactly how it happened. Those Africans did not create Jim Crow. Nor did they make the laws of this country.

So who pays? And who gets paid?

For instance. . . . would every American, even black Americans be taxed for these reparations?

And what about folks like Obama, who don't even have slave ancestors but look black? Would they be eligible?

I have to say, I am really confused how this program would work.

Would they take DNA tests to see who is eligible and who would be liable to pay?

The reparations are not just for slavery and the prevailing thought is to put any money in a fund used for community and economic development. You dumb asses don't understand there are different types of reparations and they all don't have to be cash payments. This fake confusion is only existent in the racist portion of white America. You guys are the only ones asking stupid questions trying to search for reasons to oppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back