Six ways from Sunday

Abraham3

Rookie
Aug 1, 2012
Every time 97% is mentioned, those who reject AGW tell us how poorly the survey was done and what idiots we are to trust a sample of 77 individuals.

First, as you can see for yourself if you choose to read the following text (which I trust has been thrown at you before now) FIVE different polls/surveys/reviews have arrived at very similar numbers for the acceptance of AGW among climate scientists. FIVE. Have you got that now? Let's hope.

Second, though it is contended that more than one of the AGW deniers in this forum have some sort of science education that one might presume included at least Probability and Statistics 101, none of them seem familiar with sampling. Or perhaps they choose not to apply what they KNOW. To them I ask the simple questions: what is the likelihood that the opinion of 3,146 individuals out of a group of 10,247 is unrepresentative of the larger group? And what is the likelihood that the opinion of 77 randomly chosen individuals from the 3,146 is unrepresentative of that larger group?

Those of you that have had some statistics know that the answer to both questions is "very small indeed". Tell your friends.

Scientific opinion on climate change

The scientific opinion on climate change is that the Earth's climate system is unequivocally warming, and it is more than 90% certain that humans are causing most of it through activities that increase concentrations of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere, such as deforestation and burning fossil fuels. In addition, it is likely that some potential further greenhouse gas warming has been offset by increased aerosols.[1][2][3][4] This scientific consensus is expressed in synthesis reports, by scientific bodies of national or international standing, and by surveys of opinion among climate scientists. Individual scientists, universities, and laboratories contribute to the overall scientific opinion via their peer-reviewed publications, and the areas of collective agreement and relative certainty are summarised in these high level reports and surveys.
National and international science academies and scientific societies have assessed current scientific opinion on climate change. These assessments are generally consistent with the conclusions of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), summarized below:
Warming of the climate system is unequivocal, as evidenced by increases in global average air and ocean temperatures, the widespread melting of snow and ice, and rising global average sea level.[5]
Most of the global warming since the mid-20th century is very likely due to human activities.[6]
"Benefits and costs of climate change for [human] society will vary widely by location and scale.[7] Some of the effects in temperate and polar regions will be positive and others elsewhere will be negative.[7] Overall, net effects are more likely to be strongly negative with larger or more rapid warming."[7]
"[...] the range of published evidence indicates that the net damage costs of climate change are likely to be significant and to increase over time"[8]
"The resilience of many ecosystems is likely to be exceeded this century by an unprecedented combination of climate change, associated disturbances (e.g. flooding, drought, wildfire, insects, ocean acidification) and other global change drivers (e.g. land-use change, pollution, fragmentation of natural systems, over-exploitation of resources)"[9]
No scientific body of national or international standing maintains a formal opinion dissenting from any of these main points; the last was the American Association of Petroleum Geologists,[10] which in 2007[11] updated its 1999 statement rejecting the likelihood of human influence on recent climate with its current non-committal position.[12] Some other organizations, primarily those focusing on geology, also hold non-committal positions.

Surveys of scientists and scientific literature

Summary of opinions from climate and earth scientists regarding climate change.

Various surveys have been conducted to evaluate scientific opinion on global warming. They have concluded that the majority of scientists support the idea of anthropogenic climate change.

In 2004, the geologist and historian of science Naomi Oreskes summarized a study of the scientific literature on climate change.[110] She analyzed 928 abstracts of papers from refereed scientific journals between 1993 and 2003 and concluded that there is a scientific consensus on the reality of anthropogenic climate change.

Oreskes divided the abstracts into six categories: explicit endorsement of the consensus position, evaluation of impacts, mitigation proposals, methods, paleoclimate analysis, and rejection of the consensus position. Seventy-five per cent of the abstracts were placed in the first three categories (either explicitly or implicitly accepting the consensus view); 25% dealt with methods or paleoclimate, thus taking no position on current anthropogenic climate change. None of the abstracts disagreed with the consensus position, which the author found to be "remarkable". According to the report, "authors evaluating impacts, developing methods, or studying paleoclimatic change might believe that current climate change is natural. However, none of these papers argued that point."

In 2007, Harris Interactive surveyed 489 randomly selected members of either the American Meteorological Society or the American Geophysical Union for the Statistical Assessment Service (STATS) at George Mason University. 97% of the scientists surveyed agreed that global temperatures had increased during the past 100 years; 84% said they personally believed human-induced warming was occurring, and 74% agreed that "currently available scientific evidence" substantiated its occurrence. Catastrophic effects in 50–100 years would likely be observed according to 41%, while 44% thought the effects would be moderate and about 13 percent saw relatively little danger. 5% said they thought human activity did not contribute to greenhouse warming.[111][112][113][114]

Dennis Bray and Hans von Storch conducted a survey in August 2008 of 2058 climate scientists from 34 different countries.[115] A web link with a unique identifier was given to each respondent to eliminate multiple responses. A total of 373 responses were received giving an overall response rate of 18.2%. No paper on climate change consensus based on this survey has been published yet (February 2010), but one on another subject has been published based on the survey.[116]
The survey was composed of 76 questions split into a number of sections. There were sections on the demographics of the respondents, their assessment of the state of climate science, how good the science is, climate change impacts, adaptation and mitigation, their opinion of the IPCC, and how well climate science was being communicated to the public. Most of the answers were on a scale from 1 to 7 from 'not at all' to 'very much'.
To the question "How convinced are you that climate change, whether natural or anthropogenic, is occurring now?", 67.1% said they very much agreed, 26.7% agreed to some large extent, 6.2% said to they agreed to some small extent (2–4), none said they did not agree at all. To the question "How convinced are you that most of recent or near future climate change is, or will be, a result of anthropogenic causes?" the responses were 34.6% very much agree, 48.9% agreeing to a large extent, 15.1% to a small extent, and 1.35% not agreeing at all.

A poll performed by Peter Doran and Maggie Kendall Zimmerman at University of Illinois at Chicago received replies from 3,146 of the 10,257 polled Earth scientists. Results were analyzed globally and by specialization. 76 out of 79 climatologists who "listed climate science as their area of expertise and who also have published more than 50% of their recent peer-reviewed papers on the subject of climate change" believed that mean global temperatures had risen compared to pre-1800s levels. Seventy-five of 77 believed that human activity is a significant factor in changing mean global temperatures. Among all respondents, 90% agreed that temperatures have risen compared to pre-1800 levels, and 82% agreed that humans significantly influence the global temperature. Economic geologists and meteorologists were among the biggest doubters, with only 47 percent and 64 percent, respectively, believing in significant human involvement. The authors summarised the findings:
It seems that the debate on the authenticity of global warming and the role played by human activity is largely nonexistent among those who understand the nuances and scientific basis of long-term climate processes.[117]

A 2010 paper in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States (PNAS) reviewed publication and citation data for 1,372 climate researchers and drew the following two conclusions:
(i) 97–98% of the climate researchers most actively publishing in the field support the tenets of ACC (Anthropogenic Climate Change) outlined by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, and (ii) the relative climate expertise and scientific prominence of the researchers unconvinced of ACC are substantially below that of the convinced researchers.[118]

A 2013 paper in Environmental Research Letters reviewed 11,944 abstracts of scientific papers, finding 4,014 which discussed the cause of recent global warming and reporting:
Among abstracts expressing a position on AGW, 97.1% endorsed the consensus position that humans are causing global warming.[119]

Additionally, the authors of the studies were invited to categorise their own research papers, of which 1,381 discussed the cause of recent global warming, and:
Among self-rated papers expressing a position on AGW, 97.2% endorsed the consensus.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_opinion_on_global_warming

Last edited:
  • Banned
Yes. It's not as if we were struggling to claim 75% or 55%. And it's not as if they have surveys that show anything significantly different. They don't seem to have any surveys to show us at all. How does a reasonable and reasonably intelligent individual get themselves into the mindset in which they either feel themselves qualified to take on all of science or that virtually all of science is a lie?

Who knows?
Who can say he knows?
Who can say he knows he knows?
Who can say they know someone that knows he knows?

;-)

We have the same effect here that we have with the use of tobacco. The medical evidence of the ill effects of tobacco was overwhelming, virtually the whole of the medical community stated that it was a fact, and the general population had called them coffin nails for generations. Yet the tobacco industry hired people to generate doubt in the expertise of the medical community, and hired whores like Lindzen and Singer to testify that there was little proof of the ill effects of tobacco.

The very same agencies hired by the tobacco industry are now hired by those like the Koch Brothers to spread disinformation concering global warming and the effects of GHGs. And to once again deny basic science.

Yes. It's not as if we were struggling to claim 75% or 55%. And it's not as if they have surveys that show anything significantly different. They don't seem to have any surveys to show us at all. How does a reasonable and reasonably intelligent individual get themselves into the mindset in which they either feel themselves qualified to take on all of science or that virtually all of science is a lie?

Who knows?
Who can say he knows?
Who can say he knows he knows?
Who can say they know someone that knows he knows?

;-)

Most informed skeptics would be considered a part of the 97%. There is a huge difference between acknowledging that the earth has warmed and extra CO2 has contrbuted to that warming, and agreeing with the doomsday scenarios tacked on at the end of reports like the iPPC.

You brought up statistics in the OP. The present warming is easily within normal bounds of natural variation. Apparently it was decided that natural variation stopped ~1950 and every thing after that was due to Man's sin. I disagree.

Things like polar ice are held up as proof of AGW but melting has been happening for 150 years at least. Why is the first ninety years OK but the last sixty disastrous?

Sea level rise is the same. 2mm/yr for over century but it magically jumped to 3mm at the eexact time we started measuring it by satellite.

Speaking of magical jumps, temperature records keep going up every time we 'improve' our method of calculating them. Obviously people didn't know how to read athermometer pre-2000. It's funny how we can find many tenths of a degree warming in corrections to historical records but we cannot find any appreciable error for the obvious heat island effect.

I could go on and on but it is simply a rehash of past postings.

What is the best temperature? What is the optimum level of CO2? Depends on what species and where, I suppose. I am all for reducing pollution and even reducing CO2 emissions but it will take new technology, probably in a different direction, to do it. Just spending money won't accomplish much, it has to get into the right hands.

I don't do science by opinion polling..

Especially when the words IPCC appear therein....
I'm shocked that you would knock yourself with statistical analysis of ANY survey on a science issue..

Last edited:
  • Banned

Then why are you here?

I'm shocked that you would knock yourself with statistical analysis of ANY survey on a science issue..

How do you do it? Have you PERSONALLY verified every scientific theory you currently accept? Germ theory? Relativity? Gravity? The Hall Effect? Evolution? Have you PERSONALLY verified ANY of them?

Your answer is bullshit.

No, appeals to authority are bullshit. You can leave little troll...

Then why are you here?

How do you do it? Have you PERSONALLY verified every scientific theory you currently accept? Germ theory? Relativity? Gravity? The Hall Effect? Evolution? Have you PERSONALLY verified ANY of them?

Your answer is bullshit.

It's bullshit that I don't do science on polling or consensus? Is that your contention?
Or are you upset that I reserve healthy skepticism on EVERYTHING in science and engineering. It's not just SCIENCE that fails when it relies on consensus. Engineering does the same thing. Innovation does the same thing. And to some extent, foundations of societies can crumble when driven only by "consensus".

I have personal experience with germ, gravity, and hall effect -- they seem to work fine and make no claims that offend my science instincts..

Don't NEED to personally verify the Greenhouse theory -- I also accept that one.

I'd say my problem with AGW theory is the blunt HYSTERIA of unfounded predictions and devious manipulation of data and the scientific process. Similiar to my feelings about the politicization of Evolution -- where the public and anti-religious bigots that latched onto simple antiquated Darwinian thought have missed more important science in the process.

Just like Evolution is NOT completely explained by Darwin -- Climate Change ain't about just CO2. It's only political muscle and "packaged simplicity" that molds the public discussion and policy making on those ABSURD reductions of complexity..

We have the same effect here that we have with the use of tobacco. The medical evidence of the ill effects of tobacco was overwhelming, virtually the whole of the medical community stated that it was a fact, and the general population had called them coffin nails for generations. Yet the tobacco industry hired people to generate doubt in the expertise of the medical community, and hired whores like Lindzen and Singer to testify that there was little proof of the ill effects of tobacco.

The very same agencies hired by the tobacco industry are now hired by those like the Koch Brothers to spread disinformation concering global warming and the effects of GHGs. And to once again deny basic science.

Oh My.. This is such an old playbook move. Even Al Gore pulled the tobacco card to make the GW Nobel list..

Guess you're too fixated on your unfounded and blind hatred of anything Koch to know that your primary assertion "virtually the whole of the medical community" knew.

Guess you don't know that doctors were still commonly PRESCRIBING SMOKING to asthmatics as late as the 50s and 60s.. Look it up.. Consensus came VERY LATE to med community on that practice..

The topic of this thread is the validity of the claim that a very large majority of active climate scientists accept that human GHG emissions are the primary cause of the warming we've experienced over the last 150 years. It is not intended to be another dueling ground for the issues themselves.

Be that as it may...

Most informed skeptics would be considered a part of the 97%.

I do not know what you mean when you use the modifier "informed" and I am almost certain you and I have different working definitions for the term "skeptic".

There is a huge difference between acknowledging that the earth has warmed and extra CO2 has contrbuted to that warming, and agreeing with the doomsday scenarios tacked on at the end of reports like the iPPC.

I don't know about a huge difference since one leads logically to the the other, but that is NOT the question here AT ALL. The question is whether or not a very large percentage of active climate scientists believe that human GHG emissions are the primary cause of the warming we've experienced over the last 150 years. That has nothing to do with the consequences, projections, predictions or the IPCC.

You brought up statistics in the OP.

Of course I did. It's the central theme of the thread.

The present warming is easily within normal bounds of natural variation.

The present warming RATE is NOT within the normal bounds of natural variation. And, in any case, in establishing the bounds of your "natural variation" you are using a span of time far longer than the the span of modern human culture. What modern man can take without serious harm is the boundary value of interest - not what can take place without breaking the planet into gravel.

Apparently it was decided that natural variation stopped ~1950 and every thing after that was due to Man's sin. I disagree.

Unless your talking about the conventions of "Before the Present (BP)", I don't know what you're talking about with 1950.

Things like polar ice are held up as proof of AGW but melting has been happening for 150 years at least. Why is the first ninety years OK but the last sixty disastrous?

I'm curious how you know that melting (by which I assume you mean net, long term, not seasonal) has been taking place for 150 years. The records are sparse but none of the records we DO have indicate any significant melting prior to about 1980. The melt rate through the entire satellite period has been relatively constant. The amount of ice cover lost has become significant as it has allowed mensurate warming of the Arctic seas which is beginning to impact the AMO which could have absolutely disastrous effects on the biosphere of the world's oceans and everything that depends on it.

Sea level rise is the same. 2mm/yr for over century but it magically jumped to 3mm at the eexact time we started measuring it by satellite.

What's your point? You're the last person I expected to jump on the climate scientist's conspiracy bandwagon.

Speaking of magical jumps, temperature records keep going up every time we 'improve' our method of calculating them. Obviously people didn't know how to read athermometer pre-2000. It's funny how we can find many tenths of a degree warming in corrections to historical records but we cannot find any appreciable error for the obvious heat island effect.

Perhaps my expectations were incorrect. You're blathering Ian. The temperature records are currently as accurate as scientists know how to make them. Developments and advancements may allow us to make them even more accurate in the future. But that's not what you're skirting about here. You're suggesting that climate scientists are willfully falsifying data. As a group. As a very large group with numerous checks and balances built in. That's crazy talk Ian.

I could go on and on but it is simply a rehash of past postings.

Why don't you try addressing the actual thread topic? FIVE different polls/surveys/reviews have all found approximately 97% of climate scientists believe AGW. Do those polls have any validity? If not, what IS an accurate figure and why should we believe it?

What is the best temperature? What is the optimum level of CO2? Depends on what species and where, I suppose. I am all for reducing pollution and even reducing CO2 emissions but it will take new technology, probably in a different direction, to do it. Just spending money won't accomplish much, it has to get into the right hands.

If you're all in favor of it, why do you spend so much time fighting it? Do you actually think any government is going to spend enough on AGW measures that it would put their economic health at risk?

They won't. What we have here is a recipe for a guaranteed disaster. Humans don't really need any help being stupid and making bad decisions. And fighting mainstream science, for whatever reason you want to do it, is only going to make it worse.

So Ian, if you please, what do you think of the 97% claim? If you think its bogus, tell me what you think the percentage actually is and why.

Last edited:
No, appeals to authority are bullshit. You can leave little troll...

I'm very close to adding you to my Ignore List. I can't actually think of a valid point you've ever made. Just for fun, though, please explain why you think I'm a troll.

The closest ANY of your "poll evidence" comes to asking about the MAGNITUDE OF THE CONSEQUENCES of AGW is this one..

In 2007, Harris Interactive surveyed 489 randomly selected members of either the American Meteorological Society or the American Geophysical Union for the Statistical Assessment Service (STATS) at George Mason University. 97% of the scientists surveyed agreed that global temperatures had increased during the past 100 years; 84% said they personally believed human-induced warming was occurring, and 74% agreed that "currently available scientific evidence" substantiated its occurrence. Catastrophic effects in 50–100 years would likely be observed according to 41%, while 44% thought the effects would be moderate and about 13 percent saw relatively little danger. 5% said they thought human activity did not contribute to greenhouse warming.

If only 41% thought that we'd see CATASTROPHIC effects in 50-100 yrs ---- then what percentage would unequivacably state that like you and GoldiRocks, they see catastrophic effects TODAY with every major weather event?

And more importantly 74% agreeing to "enough evidence" is NOT 97% like your OP claim..

The group that YOU belong to is a lot smaller than you think... And the ONLY valid questions I'm concerned with would be DIRECT PROJECTIONS of outcomes DUE to the current warming trend..

Not whether it exists..

Not whether "weasel words" like "significant man-made percentage" are used.
But whether they agree that the 1.2DegC of warming predicted for the current doubling of CO2 will EVEN MANIFEST as such.

And then a follow-up question of --- How far ABOVE that 1.2degC warming will the world be when we reach 560ppm...

I'll discuss ANY ONE of the polls -- but not thru a Wiki. I want to see the original methodology, scripted questions, population stats, response rates and results of ALL questions asked..

Last edited:

Then why are you here?

Your answer is bullshit.

It's bullshit that I don't do science on polling or consensus? Is that your contention?

Rejecting five different polls of the experts in the field as a measure of the acceptance of a theory is, in dead fact, bullshit. Yes, that is my contention.

Or are you upset that I reserve healthy skepticism on EVERYTHING in science and engineering.

I have no objection to healthy skepticism. I just haven't seen it from you with regards to global warming, greenhouse gas effects or solar irradiation. I have seen NONE with regards to anything else in science and engineering.

It's not just SCIENCE that fails when it relies on consensus. Engineering does the same thing. Innovation does the same thing. And to some extent, foundations of societies can crumble when driven only by "consensus".

I disagree completely. While failing to challenge the consensus stops our forward progress, rejecting pell-mell what we (mainstream science) currently hold to be true is a recipe for disaster. No discovery, no progress, no great invention or new design comes to be in a vacuum. We all stand on the shoulders of giants. Now you want to kick the giant in the head and jump off.

Three guesses where you'll land - and the first two don't count.

I have personal experience with germ, gravity, and hall effect -- they seem to work fine and make no claims that offend my science instincts..

They seem to work fine? I can take two routes here: show that you assumed they were correct without testing them and THEN found that everything was okay OR point out that AGW works just fine and makes no claims that should offend your science instincts. It certainly doesn't seem to offend the instincts of a great many degreed, professional scientists.

Don't NEED to personally verify the Greenhouse theory -- I also accept that one.

I disagree. You do not agree with the theory as it is understood by the majority of climate scientists. Else you would not reject GHG warming.

I'd say my problem with AGW theory is the blunt HYSTERIA of unfounded predictions and devious manipulation of data and the scientific process.

Hysteria has nothing to do with the validity of AGW theory. Unfounded predictions and any manipulation of data or process (whose occurrence I reject) have nothing to do with the validity of AGW theory. Does it.

Similiar to my feelings about the politicization of Evolution -- where the public and anti-religious bigots that latched onto simple antiquated Darwinian thought have missed more important science in the process.

The uneducated public and those who might be motivated by an antipathy towards religion are not the scientists and teachers and informed individuals that understand evolution and how it works. BUT, the former are still Americans under a representative government that is strictly prohibited from incorporating religious dogma into public policy. No one is arguing about what churches may teach. We are arguing about what should be taught in our public schools.

Just like Evolution is NOT completely explained by Darwin -- Climate Change ain't about just CO2. It's only political muscle and "packaged simplicity" that molds the public discussion and policy making on those ABSURD reductions of complexity..

No climate scientist on the planet is arguing that climate change is about nothing but CO2 levels. Don't be ridiculous. But if your only argument that the general public's poor science foundation requires oversimplification to the point of error, I suggest you attack the public's education, not the reality of the undeniable physical circumstances that makes such action MANDATORY.

Last edited:
The closest ANY of your "poll evidence" comes to asking about the MAGNITUDE OF THE CONSEQUENCES of AGW is this one..

In 2007, Harris Interactive surveyed 489 randomly selected members of either the American Meteorological Society or the American Geophysical Union for the Statistical Assessment Service (STATS) at George Mason University. 97% of the scientists surveyed agreed that global temperatures had increased during the past 100 years; 84% said they personally believed human-induced warming was occurring, and 74% agreed that "currently available scientific evidence" substantiated its occurrence. Catastrophic effects in 50–100 years would likely be observed according to 41%, while 44% thought the effects would be moderate and about 13 percent saw relatively little danger. 5% said they thought human activity did not contribute to greenhouse warming.

If only 41% thought that we'd see CATASTROPHIC effects in 50-100 yrs ---- then what percentage would unequivacably state that like you and GoldiRocks, they see catastrophic effects TODAY with every major weather event?

And more importantly 74% agreeing to "enough evidence" is NOT 97% like your OP claim..

The group that YOU belong to is a lot smaller than you think... And the ONLY valid questions I'm concerned with would be DIRECT PROJECTIONS of outcomes DUE to the current warming trend..

Not whether it exists..

But whether they agree that the 1.2DegC of warming predicted for the current doubling of CO2 will EVEN MANIFEST as such.

And then a follow-up question of --- How far ABOVE that 1.2degC warming will the world be when we reach 560ppm...

I'll discuss ANY ONE of the polls -- but not thru a Wiki. I want to see the original methodology, scripted questions, population stats, response rates and results of ALL questions asked..

That you could write this post and within its paragon of weaselicity, complain about "weasel-words", is simply stunning. I am sorry to say it, but this is simply MORE BULLSHIT.

And you know that to be a goddamned fact.

Not whether it exists..

That you could write this post and within its paragon of weaselicity, complain about "weasel-words", is simply stunning. I am sorry to say it, but this is simply MORE BULLSHIT.

And you know that to be a goddamned fact.

You're starting to get hysterical here.. Was I not CLEAR about something? Be specific.
Didn't like the questions I WANTED to poll? What's bugging you bunky??
:cuckoo:

From 1901 to 1904 there was a publication being sold called "Earth not a Globe Review" proclaiming the earth is really flat. For some people, no amount of scientific evidence is enough. Regardless of the number of Science Academies and Scientific Societies that endorse a theory, there will always be dissenters. This is particularly the case when there are strong economic or religious concerns.

You're starting to get hysterical here.

Wrong. I'm starting to get angry

Was I not CLEAR about something?

You clearly have no intention of addressing those polls because they undermine everything you're here for. You don't have the balls to admit you were wrong. I don't know what becomes of you in the end.

Be specific.

I have been quite specific all along. And you have been quite evasive.

Didn't like the questions I WANTED to poll?

I didn't like your failure to admit what you know to be true. Too much ego in the way I suppose.

What's bugging you bunky??

You being a good deal less reasonable than I took you for when I first got here.

Last edited:
From 1901 to 1904 there was a publication being sold called "Earth not a Globe Review" proclaiming the earth is really flat. For some people, no amount of scientific evidence is enough. Regardless of the number of Science Academies and Scientific Societies that endorse a theory, there will always be dissenters. This is particularly the case when there are strong economic or religious concerns.

Here we agree. Of course you are ignoring the elephant in the room which is how much will the oil companies garner by keeping things as they are? Hundreds of billions of dollars.

How much will the AGW pushers garner if they get their way? TRILLIONS!

So who has the most to gain by the fraud proceeding? Yup, the fraudsters.

How will the fraud help the politicians? Money and power. We have already seen how Obama funneled billions to his cronies in the "green industries" all taxpayer money of course....

Add to that the social control they are angling for, and it is clear that the fraudsters have by far the most to gain from the fraud.

You're starting to get hysterical here.

Wrong. I'm starting to get angry

Was I not CLEAR about something?

You clearly have no intention of addressing those polls because they undermine everything you're here for. You don't have the balls to admit you were wrong. I don't know what becomes of you in the end.

I have been quite specific all along. And you have been quite evasive.

Didn't like the questions I WANTED to poll?

I didn't like your failure to admit what you know to be true. Too much ego in the way I suppose.

What's bugging you bunky??

You being a good deal less reasonable than I took you for when I first got here.

None of that is good enough to justify the BullShit assertion. Nor accuse me of being deceptive.

I'm the only poster in this thread that MADE DIRECT OBSERVATIONS about any of your pet surveys. And you completely took a pass on defending those results.

From where I sit -- you're just pissed that appealing to consensus is such a weak argument. Even when I tell you that the proper questions were not asked to determine whether other scientists shared my views ---- or yours..

To tell the truth --- I don't know what it is that you EXPECTED me to admit.
Was it that Climate Science is such a thorough and MATURE and competent and ethical venture -- that I should immediately take a knee and repent?

Forum List

Back