Sit in on the House Floor?

For those who don't know they are protesting not getting their way on the gun control legislation. They threaten to sit their until they get their way. I hope Hell freezes over first. Doing feel good legislation isn't going to fix whatever problem they pretend to be trying to fix.

"Rep. John Lewis, one of the last living icons of peaceful disobedience during the civil rights movement, was leading a sit-in on the House floor Wednesday in an effort to force a vote on gun control.

"'Now is the time for us to find a way to dramatize it, to make it real,' Lewis, D-Ga., said. 'We have to occupy the floor of the House until there is action.'"
House Democrats Hold Sit-In on Gun Control
Gun control as a civil right?
"Civil and political rights are a class of rights that protect individuals'freedom from infringement by governments, social organizations, and private individuals. They ensure one's ability to participate in the civil and political life of the society and state without discrimination or repression."
Civil and political rights - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You want to impress me with a sit in come down here and do it outside current temperature is 88 feels like 97.
Hippies love getting naked. They'll sing annoying folk songs, drop some acid, put flowers in gun barrels, and talk about the day they went to a sit in for the rest of their lives.

"I was there, man! It was hip!"

You want to impress me with a sit in come down here and do it outside current temperature is 88 feels like 97.
Hippies love getting naked. They'll sing annoying folk songs, drop some acid, put flowers in gun barrels, and talk about the day they went to a sit in for the rest of their lives.

They will also get the sunburn of their life which would actually be pretty funny.

And what would more laws do to stop people like the Orlando shooter?

Don't know....
Sounds like the FBI has some splaining to do though...
But in true Democrat party fashion....

To fix something we need....
To tax more
To spend more....
More regulations...
More restrictions....

Will any of these fix a particular issue....
Because many who supported the recent bills admitted it would have done nothing to stop the Orlando
shooting but they wanted to "do something"....

So the answer from Democrats....
Let's just do something and go home and feel good about ourselves....

I hope they all camp out there and sleepover.

Sunburn on the nipples is the worst. These aren't hippies though, damn it. I just have trouble not believing they're playing games. Well, it will set the stage for Collins' proposal. Let's see if it flies.

In case you were wondering what GOP "transparency" is like. Obscure votes, turning off the cameras in the House, going on recess with a gavel, and not covering it on the bs propaganda channel- so what is the spin to be, for dupes only?

90% of the country for terrorists not being able to buy assault weapons, but the NRAGOP won't allow it. And no, I don't get the chicanery behind it yet, but chicanery it obviously was, dupes. Very clever, the NRAGOP, that you don't get either, or you wouldn't be its dupes duh lol...

"Rep. John Lewis, one of the last living icons of peaceful disobedience during the civil rights movement, was leading a sit-in on the House floor Wednesday in an effort to force a vote on gun control.

"'Now is the time for us to find a way to dramatize it, to make it real,' Lewis, D-Ga., said. 'We have to occupy the floor of the House until there is action.'"
House Democrats Hold Sit-In on Gun Control
Gun control as a civil right?
"Civil and political rights are a class of rights that protect individuals'freedom from infringement by governments, social organizations, and private individuals. They ensure one's ability to participate in the civil and political life of the society and state without discrimination or repression."
Civil and political rights - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And just for a reality check regarding what Lewis now stands for:

Screen-Shot-2016-06-22-at-2.49.03-PM-600x541.png

Forum List

Back