Sit in on the House Floor?

Well, now this bullshit "sit in" is over. The result? Just like typical Congress - nothing. Now, they get to go on a two week vacation. Paid for by you and me. This country is doomed.
The bullshit sit in is over because it was nothing but a fund raiser.

As soon as Paul Ryan waved around the fundraising letters and emails, the Democrats got up and left

"Rep. John Lewis, one of the last living icons of peaceful disobedience during the civil rights movement, was leading a sit-in on the House floor Wednesday in an effort to force a vote on gun control.

"'Now is the time for us to find a way to dramatize it, to make it real,' Lewis, D-Ga., said. 'We have to occupy the floor of the House until there is action.'"
House Democrats Hold Sit-In on Gun Control
Gun control as a civil right?
"Civil and political rights are a class of rights that protect individuals'freedom from infringement by governments, social organizations, and private individuals. They ensure one's ability to participate in the civil and political life of the society and state without discrimination or repression."
Civil and political rights - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And just for a reality check regarding what Lewis now stands for:

View attachment 79017
King had big enemies, so perhaps he had legitimate reasons to own a gun?
martin-luther-king-jr-fbi-letter-1964-novemeber-from-j-edgar-hoover-fbi-mlk-murdered-by-american-government-and-memphis-police.jpg

He also wasn't a big threat to use his gun to shoot up schools or nightclubs or movie theaters.

Then you must support the 2nd Amendment. Thanks!
My support for the 2nd Amendment doesn't mean I support the bigots who murdered King or the recent rampage by the gay boy in Orlando. Do you support mandatory gun registration?

Forum List

Back