Singer takes knee while singing the National Anthem at Sacramento Kings game

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
She's upset about her white privilege.

She attended the University of San Francisco, and lives in Berkeley. What a shock.

Singer Takes Knee During National Anthem At Sacramento Kings Game

SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — The day after the first Kings’ preseason game, the buzz is all about what happened before the first play. Singer Leah Tysse took the microphone to sing the national anthem, then she took a knee – and took the audience by surprise.

“She wants to kneel, let her kneel, she sees disparities, there are disparities!” said Kings fan Karla Mendoza.

Bay Area Singer Leah Tysse took the opportunity to make a statement of her own on Tuesday night by kneeling on the court while singing the national anthem.

She explained her decision on Facebook: “Taking a knee felt like the most patriotic thing I could do. I cannot idly stand by as black people are unlawfully profiled, harassed and killed by our law enforcement over and over without a drop of accountability.”

She shouldn't have agreed to sing if all she was really there for was to create a spectacle. IT'S NOT ABOUT YOU!!!

IMO she should get an all over tattoo of a nice solid dark chocolate brown and renounce all white privilege

She shouldn't have agreed to sing if all she was really there for was to create a spectacle. IT'S NOT ABOUT YOU!!!

Yep, could have been a stunt to get some publicity. If so hopefully it backfires.

I doubt it will help or hurt her. She's obviously just an attention whore who nobody will remember tomorrow. Nobody is there to watch the National Anthem. It's just something we do before the game.

meh, it's a career move. Best thing she did for her career. Her phone will be ringing off the hook now.

Another white-guilt idiot pushing a false narrative. No doubt she's voting for the party that keeps blacks on the plantation.

She's a singer. You said yourself that she agreed to sing. That's what she did. Bravo Leah Tysse!
Why didn't anyone ask if she sang well? So? Did she? That's what counts. Why should she stand? Why should anyone stand? Did the fans pay for their seats? Did they pay to see their favourite team play ball? I guess they did! I really do not think that anyone should pay to be politically brain-washed. THAT should be free!

She's a singer. You said yourself that she agreed to sing. That's what she did. Bravo Leah Tysse!
Why didn't anyone ask if she sang well? So? Did she? That's what counts. Why should she stand? Why should anyone stand? Did the fans pay for their seats? Did they pay to see their favourite team play ball? I guess they did! I really do not think that anyone should pay to be politically brain-washed. THAT should be free!

That's just a half-assed "protest". I assume she was being paid. Do you think she returned the money?

She's upset about her white privilege.

She attended the University of San Francisco, and lives in Berkeley. What a shock.

SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — The day after the first Kings’ preseason game, the buzz is all about what happened before the first play. Singer Leah Tysse took the microphone to sing the national anthem, then she took a knee – and took the audience by surprise.

“She wants to kneel, let her kneel, she sees disparities, there are disparities!” said Kings fan Karla Mendoza.

Bay Area Singer Leah Tysse took the opportunity to make a statement of her own on Tuesday night by kneeling on the court while singing the national anthem.

She explained her decision on Facebook: “Taking a knee felt like the most patriotic thing I could do. I cannot idly stand by as black people are unlawfully profiled, harassed and killed by our law enforcement over and over without a drop of accountability.”

Lives in a neighborhood where it's a million dollars for a 800 sq ft condo, went to a prestigious university, and gets to sing before a crowd of 15,000 plus a TV audience and she is mad because some have more than others.
Oy vey.

Forum List

Back