Singer takes knee while singing the National Anthem at Sacramento Kings game

Lives in a neighborhood where it's a million dollars for a 800 sq ft condo, went to a prestigious university, and gets to sing before a crowd of 15,000 plus a TV audience and she is mad because some have more than others.
Oy vey.
Perhaps. But I think she is mad because some have less than enough.

Standing out of respect is half the National Anthem. They could have had a million other people sing it. This wasn't a protest. This was an attention whore latching onto a weeks old trend.
You can argue that point if you want but you still haven't sufficiently defended the the idea that everyone should respect the National Anthem nor ..... why the fucking anthem should be played at every fucking sporting event.

My original gripe remains: Political propaganda has no Democratic business in the sporting arena. PLUS! If you insist on using sporting events to display your fucking propaganda (YOUR CHOICE) then you must (by Democratic principles) allow the people to protest the government. Using a "captive audience" to brain-wash the public is a Fascist practice. The Third Reich, North Korea, Saddam's regime. Idi Amin's Uganda, the Sovjet Union, etc. Make up your mind.

Standing out of respect is half the National Anthem. They could have had a million other people sing it. This wasn't a protest. This was an attention whore latching onto a weeks old trend.
You can argue that point if you want but you still haven't sufficiently defended the the idea that everyone should respect the National Anthem nor ..... why the fucking anthem should be played at every fucking sporting event.

My original gripe remains: Political propaganda has no Democratic business in the sporting arena. PLUS! If you insist on using sporting events to display your fucking propaganda (YOUR CHOICE) then you must (by Democratic principles) allow the people to protest the government. Using a "captive audience" to brain-wash the public is a Fascist practice. The Third Reich, North Korea, Saddam's regime. Idi Amin's Uganda, the Sovjet Union, etc. Make up your mind.

I could care less whether or not anybody else stands for the National Anthem. My point in this case is that she doesn't honestly give a shit about "protesting". She won't stand for injustice, but she'll cash the check?

I could care less whether or not anybody else stands for the National Anthem. My point in this case is that she doesn't honestly give a shit about "protesting". She won't stand for injustice, but she'll cash the check?
Stop and think. She signed a contract, right? If the contract stipulates that she was getting paid XXX dollars to sing AND stand on both feet .... then you have something to complain about. Otherwise you're just pissing up a rope. Her set of values are her own.You have NOTHING to say about it.

Not too many years ago, her public career would be over. Today, although millions are offended by her disrespectful display, she will also be applauded by millions of others.

It's a very sickeninng time folks.

^^^ Amen to this. Just about every matter in the world has two sides and those who stand on both do not hesitate anymore to get their two cents out there.

I doubt it will help or hurt her. She's obviously just an attention whore who nobody will remember tomorrow. Nobody is there to watch the National Anthem. It's just something we do before the game.
Amen to this. Country singer Luke Bryan just before getting really big had an incident while singing the anthem before a sporting event and now very few people besides me remember it happening if anyone besides me still remembers it at all.

God bless you two and him always!!!

Holly

P.S. If my memory serves me, he looked at his watch while singing which gave people the impression that he had lyrics to the song written on his hand so that he wouldn't forget them, but he said that he looked at his watch because he may have started singing late or too early and at the end of the song the air crafts of course were supposed to come flying over him and the crowd.

If all the self proclaimed 'kristians' in America spent a little more time on their knees I think they'd spend less time judging their fellow man and more time helping them instead.

If all the self proclaimed 'kristians' in America spent a little more time on their knees I think they'd spend less time judging their fellow man and more time helping them instead.

How would a dipshit that can't even spell Christian know anything about what they should or should not do?

She's upset about her white privilege.

She attended the University of San Francisco, and lives in Berkeley. What a shock.

Singer Takes Knee During National Anthem At Sacramento Kings Game

SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — The day after the first Kings’ preseason game, the buzz is all about what happened before the first play. Singer Leah Tysse took the microphone to sing the national anthem, then she took a knee – and took the audience by surprise.

“She wants to kneel, let her kneel, she sees disparities, there are disparities!” said Kings fan Karla Mendoza.

Bay Area Singer Leah Tysse took the opportunity to make a statement of her own on Tuesday night by kneeling on the court while singing the national anthem.

She explained her decision on Facebook: “Taking a knee felt like the most patriotic thing I could do. I cannot idly stand by as black people are unlawfully profiled, harassed and killed by our law enforcement over and over without a drop of accountability.”

Singer Takes Knee During National Anthem At Sacramento Kings Game

And you can hear a whole lot of booing in the background.

How would a dipshit that can't even spell Christian know anything about what they should or should not do?

You are a former rider of the short yellow bus one would surmise. And you're an angry who instinctively goes for the low hanging fruit as that is as far as your brain can reach.Careful, drag those knuckles too much and you'll get some bad callouses.

You would demand your right to judge everyone else AND you demand the right to judge who else can judge. You qualify as a true American kristian, with a k. A fake Christian.

I love to see a player or a singer take a knee just to hear the pigs squeal about it the next day. She had every right to do so, don't like it turn the channel.

Last edited:

You are a former rider of the short yellow bus one would surmise. And you're an angry who instinctively goes for the low hanging fruit as that is as far as your brain can reach.Careful, drag those knuckles too much and you'll get some bad callouses.

You would demand your right to judge everyone else AND you demand the right to judge who else can judge. You qualify as a true American kristian, with a k. A fake Christian.

I love to see a player or a singer take a knee just to here the pigs squeal about it the next day. She had every right to do so, don't like it turn the channel.

It's "hear" the pigs.

I love to see a player or a singer take a knee just to here the pigs squeal about it the next day. She had every right to do so, don't like it turn the channel.

It's "hear" the pigs.

Hey, another human spellcheck. Please check all my posts, thank you. You're a lifesaver and I'm glad you've found a meaningful use of your time.

Yes, I noticed that. It's a damn scandal! It used to be that everyone was proud to stand, put their hand over their heart and sing along in a loud and proud voice! But the US has created so much treachery and death around the world that the mere act of hoisted the American flag, and the first few notes of the American National Anthem, is enough to get the crowds booing and hissing. When will America redeem itself and make it a proud nation in which to live?
t2309.gif

Yes, I noticed that. It's a damn scandal! It used to be that everyone was proud to stand, put their hand over their heart and sing along in a loud and proud voice! But the US has created so much treachery and death around the world that the mere act of hoisted the American flag, and the first few notes of the American National Anthem, is enough to get the crowds booing and hissing. When will America redeem itself and make it a proud nation in which to live?
t2309.gif

When will you redeem yourself by leaving and worrying about your own part of the world?

Forum List

Back