Simone Biles

All that being said, and having a loved one in my family with mental health issues, Simone Biles took the wise course of action and bailed out of competition for her own health and the health of her team. Does this make her a quitter? I don't think so. Would this prevent her from competing in the future? That's up to her. I think with her experience and influence she would make a great gymnastics coach now.

That's just a dick comment.

For whatever reason, you idiots have decided that the only two possible outcomes were that she would either quit or become a paraplegic. Trying to have a conversation with some of you big-thinkers is a waste of time...
Getting through your thick skull is the real waste of time.

The drugs she was on, the the effects of her withdrawal are 100% of the issue. Her dreams to be an Olympic champion were crushed by the drugs she was forced to take all of her life.

Oh, that doesn't fit your fascist agenda? Too fucking bad, Nazi.
So, again, did you not read YOUR OWN LINK?

She stepped aside to benefit the team. You seem to think she owes the nation something. Pffft on that. One of greatest Olympians ever.
But it didn’t benefit the team. She had already taken an attempt. Meaning the alternate can’t come in at that point. Looked more like she had a bad vault, started thinking she was going to get beat, and couldn’t handle it and cracked under a little adversity. Scottie Pippen got rightly taken to task by the media for quitting on a game because he didn’t get to take the last shot. Yet Biles gets glorified for quitting.

You have no idea what you’re talking about and no clue what it takes to pull off the moves she pulls off. If her head, concentration and awareness is not polished and sharp she risks serious injury. Even if she were to just go for it anyway she wouldn’t pull off her routines. You need absolute confidence to stick moves. Don’t be a judgmental ass about things you know nothing about
Then if she wasn’t “feeling right” she should never have started competing. She would have known something was off during warm ups. Any athlete knows their body and knows if it isn’t working right. Nothing was wrong until she messed up a landing and faced adversity (maybe not winning). She didn’t have the confidence to come back and try to overtake the leader. She just quit.

Jesus people?

She's in a sport where she does flips and twists 20 feet in the air.

If she can't tell up from down, not only is she NOT going to do well, she's going to get seriously hurt?

And what the fuck is it to you anyway?

And oh yea...as a result of this an alternate took her place...AND WON GOLD!!
Another one who doesn’t know the difference between TEAM and INDIVIDUAL competition. The other girl won the INDIVIDUAL all around title. A separate competition. Biles and the team had nothing to do with that.

Your racism is unacceptable in a civilized society, you vile rat.

You better not be speaking thusly if you ever come into my presence, punkbutt.

1627798684389.jpeg

Here ADHD treatment has ZERO to do with any of this ...asshole
Hang on; you saying that Ritalin etc aren't on the agenda..............you got a link? I heard a suggestion it was a dope issue.....but LEGAL drugs?? Interesting.

This needs airing.

Greg

Hmmm

1627810337661.png

OK; more to this than I thought and beyond my interest level.

Stimulants in sport - Curious

They are used by athletes to reduce tiredness and fatigue, and to increase alertness, competitiveness and aggressiveness. The most common stimulants detected in anti-doping tests include amphetamines, cocaine, ecstasy and methylphenidate (Ritalin).

??????????????????????????????

Greg

Why don't you do a little research into her condition. Do you even know why she pulled out?
Nope; that's why I asked. I have looked a bit into it; Lance Armstrong has made me somewhat sceptical. Now I find Ritalin is in the picture.......see above post.

Greg

Take a look at the pole vault bar. The highest these men go is around 19’ 10”. Just shy of 20 feet. She’s getting nowhere near that height.
Let's say you're right. Let's say it's 10 feet.

Go get a 10 ft ladder and climb it. Now dive headfirst onto a thin gym mat.

Fucking dope

I wish all keyboard tough guys were as threatening as you are.

Oh, wait! They are.

Intimidation and threats made electronically and anonymously are about as
pitiful and toothless as some senior in a wheelchair claiming he'll "whup your ass".
Lighten up, Francis!
I love triggering

Forum List

Back