Silver Linings Playbook

Flopper

Diamond Member
Mar 23, 2010
Washington
In this movie available on Netflix, Pat Solatano (Bradley Cooper), loses his job and wife, goes into a mental institution, and ends up living at home with his parents. I know it doesn't sound like a delightful comedy drama but it is. You may think you know how this is going to end, but don't bet on.

Both Bradley Cooper and Robert De Niro who plays Cooper's father delivery great performances. However, the best acting in the movie comes from Jennifer Lawrence playing Cooper's nutty sidekick for which she won her first academy award.
Rotten Tomatoes gave it 92% and I believe it is well worth watching.

Last edited:
In this movie available on Netflix, Pat Solatano (Bradley Cooper), loses his job and wife, goes into a mental institution, and ends up living at home with his parents. I know it doesn't sound like a delightful comedy drama but it is. You may think you know how this is going to end, but don't bet on.

Both Bradley Cooper and Robert De Niro who plays Cooper's father delivery great performances. However, the best acting in the movie comes from Jennifer Lawrence playing Cooper's nutty sidekick for which she won her first academy award.

I liked it 3 times.

Well. . . the movie might be "over-rated?"

But, IMO? Considering she did The Hunger Games the same year, and I prefer this movie to that one? I don't think so.

:heehee:
It's remarkable that in Jennifer Lawrence's 12 year history of making movies, she has been nominated for 4 Best Actress Oscars and won 2.

One fault I have with the movie is Cooper played his role a bit to manic. Bipolar is typically dramatic shifts in behavior from mania to depression.

Last edited:
I particular liked Jennifer Lawrence's performance. De Niro was a perfect choice for the father. Some of his roles lately have not been good for him.
It's a good story and well casted. Reminds me of a friend's family and all of us who hung out with them.

Solid movie. Not overrated at all.
And my God, I don't think there has ever been a woman in a movie that was more sexier than Jennifer Lawrence in the "Garage dance scenes". Unbelievably hot.

law-j.jpg

Solid movie. Not overrated at all.
And my God, I don't think there has ever been a woman in a movie that was more sexier than Jennifer Lawrence in the "Garage dance scenes". Unbelievably hot.

View attachment 594445
From 1915-17, she was the world's highest paid actress. Her films have grossed 6 billion dollars. Unlike most younger stars making huge amounts of money, she is heavily in a number charities, feminists causes, and politics.

Forum List

Back