I love movies with a message

Stann

Platinum Member
Jul 26, 2021
I love movies with a message, especially if they are decent films with solid values that incorporate a lot of imagination. Just finished watching, " The Odd Life of Timothy Green " and yes I cried. As far as I'm concerned that's what it's all about. There is far too much violence and hatred in the real world, I don't want to watch it in the movies or on TV. Movies can be a pleasant little escape, when you need a break and don't have time or the money for a vacation. What clean, great movies have you seen lately ? And what made it great in your opinion. Thanks for sharing, Stan

Based on a thousand-year-old poem.

Lot's of people like it.

Interesting, I like mythology too. Looked it up, the story is based on the late 14th century poem " Sir Gawain and the Green Knight. Thanks, again. Hadn't heard about it.

I love movies with a message, especially if they are decent films with solid values that incorporate a lot of imagination. Just finished watching, " The Odd Life of Timothy Green " and yes I cried. As far as I'm concerned that's what it's all about. There is far too much violence and hatred in the real world, I don't want to watch it in the movies or on TV. Movies can be a pleasant little escape, when you need a break and don't have time or the money for a vacation. What clean, great movies have you seen lately ? And what made it great in your opinion. Thanks for sharing, Stan
I saw Marty and loved it. Very simple movie. Clean. Nice values. Nice story. Made in 1954. Two clean-living misfits in the Bronx get together and find love. All the protagonists attend weekly Sunday Mass. Won the Academy Award. I doubt a movie like that would be made today, let alone win the Oscar.

Good thread, Stann. I would be interested in the movies this thread generates.

Last edited:
I saw Marty and loved it. Very simple movie. Clean. Nice values. Nice story. Made in 1954. Two clean-living misfits in the Bronx get together and find love. All the protagonists attend weekly Sunday Mass. Won the Academy Award. I doubt a movie like that would be made today, let alone win the Oscar.
Don't know that one, was it in color or black and white.

Also let me add......movie messages today are full of Progressive sickening indoctrination

Not for many of us, my friends.....,nope, no way.

"Bad day a bad rock"...Spencer Tracy put his left hand in his pocket and did karate chops on Earnest Borgnine...really? We need to remake this classic. otherwise it's a a great American right Vs. wrong parable.

Last edited:
"Bad day a bad rock"...Spencer Tracy put his left hand in his pocket and did a karate chops on Earnest Borgnine...really? We need to remake this classic. otherwise it's a a great American right Vs. wrong parable.

"Bad day a bad rock"...Spencer Tracy put his left hand in his pocket and did karate chops on Earnest Borgnine...really? We need to remake this classic. otherwise it's a a great American right Vs. wrong parable.
Did you know there was a sequel to gone with the wind called Scarlet, I wonder if the third book, Rhett Butler's People was ever made into a movie yet.

New Topics

Forum List

Back