Shows you loved years ago, tried watching again and you wonder why you ever liked it

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
Not from childhood... that would be most.

Jeffersons.... I remember liking this show a lot. Hadn't seen it in years, awhile back I started watching an episode... nope. The overacting is off the charts, goofy and just not funny.

I don't like anything I used to watch and I can't really figure out why. In this paradise of streaming content and nostalgia tv channels I don't care to see any of it. My wife has to have the TV on all day long but I turn that shit off at every opportunity. Silence is my preferred form of entertainment.

Charlie's Angels
6 Million Dollar Man
Starsky and Hutch
Kojak
Space 1999
Buck Rogers
Fantasy Island
I could go on and on with cheesy seventies shows with horrible soundtracks, lingo and poor acting. But sure loved them as a teenager at the time.

Charlie's Angels
6 Million Dollar Man
Starsky and Hutch
Kojak
Space 1999
Buck Rogers
Fantasy Island
I could go on and on with cheesy seventies shows with horrible soundtracks, lingo and poor acting. But sure loved them as a teenager at the time.
I wil take all those shows in a heartbeat any day of the year over the trash they make now.bite your tongue on six million dollar man,Steve Austin was my hero.i named my son Steve because of him.totally agree on Charlie’s angels and fantasy island,never liked space 1999 even back then.

I am shocked nobody has mentioned the one that comes to my immediate attention over any of these listed.threes company,

You got to have the most boring life on the planet to enjoy that show still today. :rofl:

I wil take all those shows in a heartbeat any day of the year over the trash they make now.bite your tongue on six million dollar man,Steve Austin was my hero.i named my son Steve because of him.totally agree on Charlie’s angels and fantasy island,never liked space 1999 even back then.

I am shocked nobody has mentioned the one that comes to my immediate attention over any of these listed.threes company,

You got to have the most boring life on the planet to enjoy that show still today. :rofl:
I only watched that to see Susan Sommers in tight clothing. Best enjoyed with the sound muted.
Same with Baywatch.
Lots of slow motion running of women in tight ass swimsuits.

I only watched that to see Susan Sommers in tight clothing. Best enjoyed with the sound muted.
Same with Baywatch.
Lots of slow motion running of women in tight ass swimsuits.
I watched a couple of episodes of baywatch and that’s all I could stomach,could never watch it again after that,I would tune in to watch the opening theme song once in a while to see Pamela Anderson and the other babes just for that.,lol

Charlie's Angels
6 Million Dollar Man
Starsky and Hutch
Kojak
Space 1999
Buck Rogers
Fantasy Island

Wow, you sure did watch a lot of TV ... and this is when all the script writers were concentrated in the four national networks ... today, they're spread out over all ten thousand nation networks and none of the shows produced are any good ...

KILL YOUR TV ...

Wow, you sure did watch a lot of TV ... and this is when all the script writers were concentrated in the four national networks ... today, they're spread out over all ten thousand nation networks and none of the shows produced are any good ...

KILL YOUR TV ...

All I use my TV for is dynamic weather reports because I live in an area that has pretty serious storms, and also as white noise at night, because I have bad tinnitus.

Otherwise, it just collects dust.

The last TV show I actively watched was Northern Exposure, because my husband worked for them.

After Johnny Carson, there was no late night TV.

Oh, I watched Red Green for a while.

All I use my TV for is dynamic weather reports because I live in an area that has pretty serious storms, and also as white noise at night, because I have bad tinnitus.

Otherwise, it just collects dust.

The last TV show I actively watched was Northern Exposure, because my husband worked for them.

After Johnny Carson, there was no late night TV.

Oh, I watched Red Green for a while.

I like sports ... and my cats are major Giants fans ... I'll be blinded if they can't watch Alex Cobb on the mound ... especially against them damn filthy Dodgers ...

ETA: Let's keep the sticks on the ice ...

Supposedly the Six Million Dollar Man was expensive to produce. Much of the show when showing Steve Austin's abilities was in slow motion with sound effects. Still liked it and liked the opening credits.

Charlie's Angels
6 Million Dollar Man
Starsky and Hutch
Kojak
Space 1999
Buck Rogers
Fantasy Island
Miami Vice
Hawaii 5-0 original
Nash Bridges
Sea Hunt
Cannon
Mannix
Barnaby Jones
Matlock
Columbo

I still watch these and mostly only these.

Forum List

Back