Shoving your gun's in everyone's faces to prove a point is beyond dumb (proof inside)

If you're going to quote somebody at least give proper credit for my words..

Secondly mass shooting are probably a 1000 time more rear than armed robberies and assaults with a deadly weapon in public spaces. It's is the media and schools not making people aware of these facts and not making them aware of the state laws concerning how weapons may be carried. It is their place to keep people informed and educate them is it not? How about you rag on them and demand they do their freaking jobs and stop spreading the fear yourself. You are part of the problem.

Educating people that it's legal to carry an assault weapon, into a theater say, isn't going to make them any less fearful, and reminding them about armed robberies and assualts in public places just adds to the paranoia. In my opinion. Anyway why would you want to open carry an assault rifle in a restaurant, what practical purpose does that serve. It's legal to go unbathed and smelly with BO and fart your way through a restaurant, should people excersize that right also? Or should they respect other people's sensibilities, like a good neighbor would?

Smedly, I think you answered your own question. They want to carry their weapon to shoot the stinky guy.

I just gave them an excuse, me and my big mouth.

The very fact that the public is intimidated by the simple sight of a firearm tells me the left has succeeded in pussyfying the country. With the schools and mass media teaching fear, exactly how do you propose countering their influence without getting in someones face? They have been pushing their POV in everyones face for decades now and they demonize anyone with an opposing view, do you really think silence or inactivity is the answer?

The very fact that OK gets moist that people are intimidated is reason enough to change the law.

The only reason they are is your ilks propaganda you stupid piece of shit.

Yes, you love intimidating people who aren't armed.

We get that.

Last edited:
It's not the mass Media teaching fear, it's the mass murderers in the schools and elsewhere teaching fear. And these days you never know, so in a public setting fear of some bozo carrying an assault weapon is a healthy, rational fear.

If you're going to quote somebody at least give proper credit for my words..

Secondly mass shooting are probably a 1000 time more rear than armed robberies and assaults with a deadly weapon in public spaces. It's is the media and schools not making people aware of these facts and not making them aware of the state laws concerning how weapons may be carried. It is their place to keep people informed and educate them is it not? How about you rag on them and demand they do their freaking jobs and stop spreading the fear yourself. You are part of the problem.

Educating people that it's legal to carry an assault weapon, into a theater say, isn't going to make them any less fearful, and reminding them about armed robberies and assualts in public places just adds to the paranoia. In my opinion. Anyway why would you want to open carry an assault rifle in a restaurent, what practicle purpose does that serve. I's legal to go unbathed and smelly with BO and fart your way through a restaurant, should people excersize that right also? Or should they respect other people's sensibilities, like a good neighbor would do?

Personally, as I have stated, I won't carry a long gun anywhere but to hunt. People have been made hyper-sensitive by media propaganda and the schools zero tolerance policies where a child can't even say the word gun without being punished. We are becoming a land of pussies that really need to get over themselves. Self defense is a natural right and having a weapon equal to or greater than that of a possible assailant is part of that right, the scale has to be tilted in favor of the innocent.

Say he's carrying it in a manner that could be construed as getting ready to use it? Now let's say he is actually a soon to be mass murderer. If this woman waits to take this guy out, it will be too late. She will likely be dead before she has the opportunity. With that in mind, does it do her any good to have the gun in the first place?

If she can't tell the difference in some casually walking in with a long gun and a crazy having it at the ready, she has no business having a gun herself. Having a CCW carries with it an obligation to know the law on carrying a weapon, open and concealed.

The fuck you say. A gun nutter now wanting to place restrictions and guidelines on gun ownership. Where does it say in the COTUS that a gun owner has an obligation to know the gun laws of the state they live in?

Fuck off ignorant ass, do you know the laws for driving in your state, that's right you had to demonstrate a minimal knowledge just to get a license didn't you. Now if you actually read what I said, "Having a CCW carries with it an obligation to know the law on carrying a weapon, open and concealed." , you would know I was referring to people licensed to carry a gun. But feel free to carry on in your ignorant assed ways, you're so good at it.

The very fact that OK gets moist that people are intimidated is reason enough to change the law.

The only reason they are is your ilks propaganda you stupid piece of shit.

Yes, you love intimidating people who aren't armed.

We get that.

Ok fakey, name one person I've intimidated. You flap your gums, now back it up. But we both know you're just a blow hard senile piece of shit that has no idea what you're talking about, just like so many of you commiecrats.

Long guns are what you need for a decent hunt.

Hiking in bear country, though, is no place for a long rifle. In my younger days I like Ruger's 50 cal pistol with a foot-long barrel but these days there's something more convenient:

.50 CALIBER MAGNUM

Another favourite was a cheap 12-gauge shotgun cut down to 18-1/8 inches with a mix of sabot rounds, rifled slugs and really heavy shot as the last one in the load. The latter to be used up under the chin if the bear got that close.

If she can't tell the difference in some casually walking in with a long gun and a crazy having it at the ready, she has no business having a gun herself. Having a CCW carries with it an obligation to know the law on carrying a weapon, open and concealed.

The fuck you say. A gun nutter now wanting to place restrictions and guidelines on gun ownership. Where does it say in the COTUS that a gun owner has an obligation to know the gun laws of the state they live in?

Fuck off ignorant ass, do you know the laws for driving in your state, that's right you had to demonstrate a minimal knowledge just to get a license didn't you. Now if you actually read what I said, "[B]Having a CCW carries with it an obligation to know the law on carrying a weapon, open and concealed." ,[/B] you would know I was referring to people licensed to carry a gun. But feel free to carry on in your ignorant assed ways, you're so good at it.

And there in lies the problem you ignorant twit. There is no "license" requirement to own a gun. And just because YOU say a CCW permit holder is "obligated" to know something, well I would say who the hell are YOU to tell ME my obligations?
Dumb ass, when you place virtually no restrictions on gun ownership, that is what it means, virtually no restrictions. Obligations be damned.

Responsible gun owners are "obligated" to protect their kids from accidentally finding dads gun. Are there gun owners who don't meet that obligation? You tell me. I haven't heard you telling them gun owners their obligations. Musta missed that part.

Long guns are what you need for a decent hunt.

Hiking in bear country, though, is no place for a long rifle. In my younger days I like Ruger's 50 cal pistol with a foot-long barrel but these days there's something more convenient:

.50 CALIBER MAGNUM

Another favourite was a cheap 12-gauge shotgun cut down to 18-1/8 inches with a mix of sabot rounds, rifled slugs and really heavy shot as the last one in the load. The latter to be used up under the chin if the bear got that close.

Whose chin?

Let's seeeeeeee...

I'm in a restaurant with my family, including several small children.

A bad guy comes in to rob the restaurant.

Which scenario would I prefer to follow?

1) The employees follow their company's policy and calmly hand over the cash (which the company will subsequently recoup from their insurance policy) without putting up any resistance. No one is injured

2) A couple of hair trigger yahoos haul out their long guns and start blasting away, exchanging gunfire with the robber, exposing everyone in the building to injury and death from crossfire.

Hmmm...

That's a tough one.

Let's seeeeeeee...

1) The employees follow their company's policy and calmly hand over the cash (which the company will subsequently recoup from their insurance policy) without putting up any resistance.

2) A couple of hair trigger yahoos haul out their long guns and start blasting away, exchanging gunfire with the robber, exposing everyone in the building to injury and death from crossfire.

Hmmm...

That's a tough one.

You left out #3:

3) The employees follow their company's policy and calmly hand over the cash without putting up any resistance. The thugs, concerned over eyewitness accounts, murder everybody in the place and saunter away free.

[/B]

Fuck off ignorant ass, do you know the laws for driving in your state, that's right you had to demonstrate a minimal knowledge just to get a license didn't you. Now if you actually read what I said, "[B]Having a CCW carries with it an obligation to know the law on carrying a weapon, open and concealed." ,[/B] you would know I was referring to people licensed to carry a gun. But feel free to carry on in your ignorant assed ways, you're so good at it.

And there in lies the problem you ignorant twit. There is no "license" requirement to own a gun. And just because YOU say a CCW permit holder is "obligated" to know something, well I would say who the hell are YOU to tell ME my obligations?
Dumb ass, when you place virtually no restrictions on gun ownership, that is what it means, virtually no restrictions. Obligations be damned.

Responsible gun owners are "obligated" to protect their kids from accidentally finding dads gun. Are there gun owners who don't meet that obligation? You tell me. I haven't heard you telling them gun owners their obligations. Musta missed that part.

Do you even know what a CCW or CHL is? They are licenses required to carry a concealed weapon, I didn't establish the obligation to learn the laws to get one, the states do that. Also what i have or haven't said about gun owners are not just contained in this thread, so take your pissy little attitude and fuck off.

Let's seeeeeeee...

1) The employees follow their company's policy and calmly hand over the cash (which the company will subsequently recoup from their insurance policy) without putting up any resistance. No one is injured

Hmmm...

That's a tough one.

Or option #3

23 dead, 20 wounded, ya think they wish someone other than the shooter had a gun, long or short?

Luby's massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

[/B]

There is a difference between owning a gun and having a Concealed Weapons Permit. There are additional requirements and obligations with the CWP.

Let's seeeeeeee...

Hmmm...

That's a tough one.

Or option #3

23 dead, 20 wounded, ya think they wish someone other than the shooter had a gun, long or short?

Since the Luby's Massacre has been brought up a few times, I thought I would post the following:

"A Daughter's Regret
Suzanna Gratia Hupp will live the rest of her life with regret. Had she been carrying her gun the day a madman executed her parents while she cowered helplessly and then fled, she is convinced she could have stopped one of the worst massacres in U.S. history.
She has told the story many times over. Tomorrow she will relate it again before advocates of gun rights in a counter-rally to the Million Mom March. Put yourself in her shoes, she asks, and then think again whether gun control is the answer.
It was October 1991 when an unemployed merchant seaman drove his pickup truck into a Luby's cafeteria in Killeen, Tex., leaped out and opened fire. He killed 23 people and wounded more than 20.
Hupp and her parents were having lunch in the restaurant when the shooting started. Hupp instinctively reached into her purse for her .38-caliber Smith & Wesson, but she had left it in the car. Her father tried to rush the gunman and was shot in the chest. As the gunman reloaded, Hupp escaped through a broken window, thinking her
mother was behind her.
But Hupp's mother had crawled alongside her dying husband of 47 years to cushion his head in her lap. Police later told Hupp they saw her mother look up at the gunman standing over her, then bow down before he shot her in the head.
"I'd like people to think about what happened to me, and try to place themselves in that situation," Hupp said yesterday between a string of interviews in which she relived the tragedy as Exhibit A in her argument against restrictive gun laws. "Now, instead of thinking of their parents, have it be their children.
"Even if you choose not to have a gun, as the bad guy who ignored all the laws is getting close to you and as he levels that firearm at one of your children, don't you hope the person next to you has chosen to carry a gun and knows how to use it?"
The story is powerful, and not only because the question assaults the brain and invites no easy answers. With its implied alternative of an armed Hupp gunning down the bad guy before he gets too far, the story invokes the American legend of the frontier lawman who acts alone to thwart evil.
Unable to don that mantle when it could have saved her parents, Hupp, now 40, has been trying ever since to rally people against gun control.
When Texas debated the issue of concealed weapons in 1995, she strolled around the table at a committee hearing molding her fingers into a gun that she aimed at state senators. The next year, she ran as a Republican and won election as a state representative, an office she still holds.
She has promoted other issues, such as water rights. But her personal story trumps all other issues. For years, the National Rifle Association paid her expenses as she traveled the country testifying in favor of gun rights. Her story always commands attention. Before the massacre at Luby's cafeteria, nothing in Hupp's background suggested that she would become so closely associated with gun rights.
She was raised in central Texas, the middle of three children. Her father, Al, owned a heavy equipment store. Her mother, Ursula, was a homemaker.
Al Gratia was a man so gentle he didn't hunt and even quit fishing because he didn't want to hurt the fish. But he owned a BB gun, and taught his children how to shoot and practice gun safety. After Hupp's brother shot and killed a dove, however, no one in the family ever used the gun again.
As a child, Hupp was a victim of careless gun use. When she was 11, she was fishing with her brother and some friends when one of the youths handed a pellet gun to another youth and it went off. Hupp has a two-inch-long scar near her right elbow where the pellet entered her skin and had to be dug out.
After getting a degree as a chiropractor in 1985, she moved to Houston. An assistant district attorney who was a patient suggested she carry a gun as self-defense in the big city.
She argued against it, partly because it was then illegal to carry a concealed weapon in Texas.
"Better to be tried by 12 than carried by six," she recalls her patient advising her. Another friend gave her a pistol as a gift and taught her how to shoot it.
She carried it in her purse. But, afraid of losing her chiropractic license if she were arrested for carrying a concealed weapon, she often kept it beneath the passenger seat of her car.
That's where it was, 150 feet from Hupp's grasp, the day George Hennard burst into Luby's. The what-ifs haunt her. Hennard stood barely 10 feet from her. He was up, she was down. She had clear aim. The upturned table would have steadied her hand. Though not a crack shot, she had hit smaller targets from farther distances.
"The point is, people like this--no, scumbags like this; I won't put them in the people category--are looking for easy targets," said Hupp. "That's why we see things occurring at schools, post offices, churches and cafeterias in states that don't allow concealed carrying."
Nothing sways her. After the 1999 shooting at Columbine High School, Hupp seemed to suggest that teachers should carry concealed weapons. She insists that what she said was something different:
"I wanted to know why the state treats teachers like second-class citizens, when plumbers and doctors are allowed to protect themselves on the job," she said. "I would be happier sending my child to a school where a teacher whom I trust is armed and well prepared."
She is equally oblique when talking about places where guns are banned. Even in Texas, which began allowing concealed weapons in 1996, guns are banned from several types of establishments, including churches, sports arenas, government offices, courts, airports and restaurants serving alcohol. Hupp refuses to say outright that she believes people should be allowed to carry guns to church. She picks her words carefully.
"We have created a shopping list for madmen," she said. "If guns are the problem, why don't we see things occurring at skeet and trap shoots, at gun shows, at NRA conventions? We only see it where guns aren't allowed. The sign of a gun with a slash through it is like a neon sign for gunmen, 'We're unarmed. Come kill us.' "
To Hupp, the right to bear arms is a family issue. Her two sons will grow up learning to defend themselves with a gun. The elder son, 4, has been taught gun safety and has fired his first shot.
"A gun can be used to kill a family, or defend a family," Hupp said. "I've lived what gun laws do. My parents died because of what gun laws do. I'm the quintessential soccer mom, and I want the right to protect my family. What happened to my parents will never happen again with my kids there."

Let's seeeeeeee...

Hmmm...

That's a tough one.

Or option #3

Since the Luby's Massacre has been brought up a few times, I thought I would post the following:

"A Daughter's Regret
Suzanna Gratia Hupp will live the rest of her life with regret. Had she been carrying her gun the day a madman executed her parents while she cowered helplessly and then fled, she is convinced she could have stopped one of the worst massacres in U.S. history.
She has told the story many times over. Tomorrow she will relate it again before advocates of gun rights in a counter-rally to the Million Mom March. Put yourself in her shoes, she asks, and then think again whether gun control is the answer.
It was October 1991 when an unemployed merchant seaman drove his pickup truck into a Luby's cafeteria in Killeen, Tex., leaped out and opened fire. He killed 23 people and wounded more than 20.
Hupp and her parents were having lunch in the restaurant when the shooting started. Hupp instinctively reached into her purse for her .38-caliber Smith & Wesson, but she had left it in the car. Her father tried to rush the gunman and was shot in the chest. As the gunman reloaded, Hupp escaped through a broken window, thinking her
mother was behind her.
But Hupp's mother had crawled alongside her dying husband of 47 years to cushion his head in her lap. Police later told Hupp they saw her mother look up at the gunman standing over her, then bow down before he shot her in the head.
"I'd like people to think about what happened to me, and try to place themselves in that situation," Hupp said yesterday between a string of interviews in which she relived the tragedy as Exhibit A in her argument against restrictive gun laws. "Now, instead of thinking of their parents, have it be their children.
"Even if you choose not to have a gun, as the bad guy who ignored all the laws is getting close to you and as he levels that firearm at one of your children, don't you hope the person next to you has chosen to carry a gun and knows how to use it?"
The story is powerful, and not only because the question assaults the brain and invites no easy answers. With its implied alternative of an armed Hupp gunning down the bad guy before he gets too far, the story invokes the American legend of the frontier lawman who acts alone to thwart evil.
Unable to don that mantle when it could have saved her parents, Hupp, now 40, has been trying ever since to rally people against gun control.
When Texas debated the issue of concealed weapons in 1995, she strolled around the table at a committee hearing molding her fingers into a gun that she aimed at state senators. The next year, she ran as a Republican and won election as a state representative, an office she still holds.
She has promoted other issues, such as water rights. But her personal story trumps all other issues. For years, the National Rifle Association paid her expenses as she traveled the country testifying in favor of gun rights. Her story always commands attention. Before the massacre at Luby's cafeteria, nothing in Hupp's background suggested that she would become so closely associated with gun rights.
She was raised in central Texas, the middle of three children. Her father, Al, owned a heavy equipment store. Her mother, Ursula, was a homemaker.
Al Gratia was a man so gentle he didn't hunt and even quit fishing because he didn't want to hurt the fish. But he owned a BB gun, and taught his children how to shoot and practice gun safety. After Hupp's brother shot and killed a dove, however, no one in the family ever used the gun again.
As a child, Hupp was a victim of careless gun use. When she was 11, she was fishing with her brother and some friends when one of the youths handed a pellet gun to another youth and it went off. Hupp has a two-inch-long scar near her right elbow where the pellet entered her skin and had to be dug out.
After getting a degree as a chiropractor in 1985, she moved to Houston. An assistant district attorney who was a patient suggested she carry a gun as self-defense in the big city.
She argued against it, partly because it was then illegal to carry a concealed weapon in Texas.
"Better to be tried by 12 than carried by six," she recalls her patient advising her. Another friend gave her a pistol as a gift and taught her how to shoot it.
She carried it in her purse. But, afraid of losing her chiropractic license if she were arrested for carrying a concealed weapon, she often kept it beneath the passenger seat of her car.
That's where it was, 150 feet from Hupp's grasp, the day George Hennard burst into Luby's. The what-ifs haunt her. Hennard stood barely 10 feet from her. He was up, she was down. She had clear aim. The upturned table would have steadied her hand. Though not a crack shot, she had hit smaller targets from farther distances.
"The point is, people like this--no, scumbags like this; I won't put them in the people category--are looking for easy targets," said Hupp. "That's why we see things occurring at schools, post offices, churches and cafeterias in states that don't allow concealed carrying."
Nothing sways her. After the 1999 shooting at Columbine High School, Hupp seemed to suggest that teachers should carry concealed weapons. She insists that what she said was something different:
"I wanted to know why the state treats teachers like second-class citizens, when plumbers and doctors are allowed to protect themselves on the job," she said. "I would be happier sending my child to a school where a teacher whom I trust is armed and well prepared."
She is equally oblique when talking about places where guns are banned. Even in Texas, which began allowing concealed weapons in 1996, guns are banned from several types of establishments, including churches, sports arenas, government offices, courts, airports and restaurants serving alcohol. Hupp refuses to say outright that she believes people should be allowed to carry guns to church. She picks her words carefully.
"We have created a shopping list for madmen," she said. "If guns are the problem, why don't we see things occurring at skeet and trap shoots, at gun shows, at NRA conventions? We only see it where guns aren't allowed. The sign of a gun with a slash through it is like a neon sign for gunmen, 'We're unarmed. Come kill us.' "
To Hupp, the right to bear arms is a family issue. Her two sons will grow up learning to defend themselves with a gun. The elder son, 4, has been taught gun safety and has fired his first shot.
"A gun can be used to kill a family, or defend a family," Hupp said. "I've lived what gun laws do. My parents died because of what gun laws do. I'm the quintessential soccer mom, and I want the right to protect my family. What happened to my parents will never happen again with my kids there."

In any woulda-coulda fantasy the writer of such fantasy always gets the role of hero. Unfortunately there is reality. But we can't say she didn't come loaded for logical fallacies.

Best line above:
"For years, the National Rifle Association paid her expenses as she traveled the country testifying in favor of gun rights"

No doubt of that. No doubt at all. But keep repeating, "it's duh liburruls who milk shootings for profit... it's duh liburruls who milk shootings for profit..."

Last edited:
Let's seeeeeeee...

Hmmm...

That's a tough one.

Hence the supremacy of concealed carry over open carry, where a patron carrying a concealed firearm would have all options available to react in an appropriate manner given the specifics of the situation – including no action at all, thus likely saving lives; money can be replaced, human life, not.

Oh and there is no intimidation involved. The gun grabber nuts use shock and awe so should the 2nd amendment defenders.

Just out of curiosity; would you finish your baby back ribs if a guy sat down across from you with a gallon of gasoline in one hand and a lit torch in the other or would you leave?

Or option #3

"A Daughter's Regret
mother was behind her.

In any woulda-coulda fantasy the writer of such fantasy always gets the role of hero. Unfortunately there is reality. But we can't say she didn't come loaded for logical fallacies.

Best line above:
"For years, the National Rifle Association paid her expenses as she traveled the country testifying in favor of gun rights"

No doubt of that. No doubt at all. But keep repeating, "it's duh liburruls who milk shootings for profit... it's duh liburruls who milk shootings for profit..."

Fantasies? She lived thru a mass shooting that killed both her parents. She explained quite clearly what she thought she could have done.

Yes, the NRA paid her expenses. That does not mean her story is not genuine. The NRA is not the dark evil so many seem to think it is. I occasionally avail myself of the services of their system that keeps track of places to donate meat. Those donations have totaled some 2+ million pounds of lean, steroid free protein for countless food banks, soup kitchens and homeless shelters.

Oh and there is no intimidation involved. The gun grabber nuts use shock and awe so should the 2nd amendment defenders.

Just out of curiosity; would you finish your baby back ribs if a guy sat down across from you with a gallon of gasoline in one hand and a lit torch in the other or would you leave?

I would ask him to remove the smelly gasoline, or ask him why he has it.

Forum List

Back