Shoving your gun's in everyone's faces to prove a point is beyond dumb (proof inside)

2nd amendment isn't up for debate. Take it where they want when they want. Not harming anyone,merely exercising their rights.

the second amendment doesn't preclude reasonable regulation.

they do it to intimidate and bully people.

i suspect it makes up for very teeny genitalia.

Really, what's the faghadist reason for pushing their shit in everyones faces. Too small of dicks or too large vagina's? Or is it to force people to accept their lifestyle as normal? You approve the tactic for one group but not the other. Hypocrite much?

The left is armed with hot air. The right is armed with the law & the constitution. There is literally no reason to push the issue in such a fashion.

Open Carry Texas visits Chili's - YouTube

Let's take this group who clearly did this as a stunt. But for the sake of this argument we'll pretend they didn't.

First and foremost a RESPONSIBLE gun owner maintains full control of his/her firearms at all times. ESPECIALLY when out in public.

So explain to me how the fuck you're going to eat ribs or whatever in a restaurant WITH A FUCKING BABY at your side and MAINTAIN FULL CONTROL OF YOUR ASSAULT RIFLE? Simply throwing your rifle over your shoulder IS NOT securing it. And it certainly would not be impossible for some crazed nut to slice the cord and grab your gun.

This video and incidents like this will NOT garner you any support for your cause with the vast majority of the public. In fact I firmly believe idiotic stunts like this will backfire. Carrying your gun in public DOES NOTHING to protect your second amendment rights. That is done in congress.

I go out to eat at various restaurants nearly everyday and in my 47 years I have never seen any reason to carry an assault rifle to one.

Your rights deserver to be protected but intimidating the public is not the method to achieve that.

The very fact that the public is intimidated by the simple sight of a firearm tells me the left has succeeded in pussyfying the country. With the schools and mass media teaching fear, exactly how do you propose countering their influence without getting in someones face? They have been pushing their POV in everyones face for decades now and they demonize anyone with an opposing view, do you really think silence or inactivity is the answer?

If you think the answer is carrying an AK47 into Chili's to have dinner, you are asking the wrong questions.

Answer my questions then I'll give you the same courtesy.

Let's take this group who clearly did this as a stunt. But for the sake of this argument we'll pretend they didn't.

First and foremost a RESPONSIBLE gun owner maintains full control of his/her firearms at all times. ESPECIALLY when out in public.

So explain to me how the fuck you're going to eat ribs or whatever in a restaurant WITH A FUCKING BABY at your side and MAINTAIN FULL CONTROL OF YOUR ASSAULT RIFLE? Simply throwing your rifle over your shoulder IS NOT securing it. And it certainly would not be impossible for some crazed nut to slice the cord and grab your gun.

This video and incidents like this will NOT garner you any support for your cause with the vast majority of the public. In fact I firmly believe idiotic stunts like this will backfire. Carrying your gun in public DOES NOTHING to protect your second amendment rights. That is done in congress.

I go out to eat at various restaurants nearly everyday and in my 47 years I have never seen any reason to carry an assault rifle to one.

Your rights deserver to be protected but intimidating the public is not the method to achieve that.

The very fact that the public is intimidated by the simple sight of a firearm tells me the left has succeeded in pussyfying the country. With the schools and mass media teaching fear, exactly how do you propose countering their influence without getting in someones face? They have been pushing their POV in everyones face for decades now and they demonize anyone with an opposing view, do you really think silence or inactivity is the answer?

Regardless of their point of view the 2nd is on your side. As I stated in 47 years I have NEVER seen a long gun in a restaurant setting. So why the sudden need to not only do it but make it a public spectacle?

Mark my words, if these incidents continue public polling will begin to slip away from you. I also bet you that 90% or more of national chains will follow suit if this idiocy continues.

In states where open carry is legal most of the citizens are totally ignorant of the law, who should educate them, the media, mayors against guns, the schools, or people exercising their rights under the law? If the media and the schools did their jobs there would be no need for demonstrations.

If you think the answer is carrying an AK47 into Chili's to have dinner, you are asking the wrong questions.

I think it's less about the perception of fear and more about the perception of losing business. As a business owner it is upon me to do everything I can within reason to make sure my customers are happy & have a pleasant experience. Word of mouth, be it positive or negative, is king. So if a business feels that this may effect their bottom line in a negative way then shouldn't they have the right to decide what's appropriate for their establishment?

It's not like this is some backwoods restaurant that serves mostly hunters. These are major chains that cater to family environments.

Regardless of their point of view the 2nd is on your side. As I stated in 47 years I have NEVER seen a long gun in a restaurant setting. So why the sudden need to not only do it but make it a public spectacle?

Mark my words, if these incidents continue public polling will begin to slip away from you. I also bet you that 90% or more of national chains will follow suit if this idiocy continues.

In states where open carry is legal most of the citizens are totally ignorant of the law, who should educate them, the media, mayors against guns, the schools, or people exercising their rights under the law? If the media and the schools did their jobs there would be no need for demonstrations.

Fair enough yet here everyone is taking it out on restaurants who likely are apolitical.

Oh and there is no intimidation involved. The gun grabber nuts use shock and awe so should the 2nd amendment defenders.
Horseshit. This is about either intimidation or about waving their dicks around because they can.
False dichotomy.
This is no different than a gay pride parade, with flamboyantly dressed queers walking down the street kissing one another.

Fair enough yet here everyone is taking it out on restaurants who likely are apolitical.

Businesses today have had their property rights so diluted by the state and federal governments that I don't think they should be able to deny service to anyone that is not breaking the law. That has always been the commies point of view, if I can deny service to some one legally carrying a gun, a photographer or a baker can deny service to gays for religious objections to their lifestyle. The left can't have their cake and eat it too, we do have equal protection in the 14th Amendment, regardless of their claims.

Wandering around with long guns in tight places like restaurants is going to result in a shooting sooner or later. Just as there have been accidental discharges at NRA events there will be accidental discharges in restaurants too. The fallout from that will be to further erode support for the NRA and their OC agenda.

No, I won't patronize a restaurant with OC and I will let the owners know why I will withdraw my patronage too. I don't go out for dinner to have the 2nd amendment shoved in my face. I support the 2A but not like this. I have no problem with CC and I really don't care if someone has a CC weapon on them in the restaurant because it is not in my face.

But showing up with long guns is just downright stupid in my opinion. It will only take a single incident and corporate lawyers will insist that their chains have the right to ban all guns from their premises. They will win that legal battle too because that is private property and the right to refuse admission has long been upheld in order to preserve dress codes and sanitary eating conditions.

Claiming an exception for OC long guns will be seen as an overreach and it will be a very public defeat for the NRA. The consequences will be that many other places will ban all forms of OC. This is going to backfire in my opinion.

Businesses today have had their property rights so diluted by the state and federal governments that I don't think they should be able to deny service to anyone that is not breaking the law. That has always been the commies point of view, if I can deny service to some one legally carrying a gun, a photographer or a baker can deny service to gays for religious objections to their lifestyle. The left can't have their cake and eat it too, we do have equal protection in the 14th Amendment, regardless of their claims.

I defended the baker too. As well as ChicFilA and I don't even care for their food nor have their belief system. I also defended establishments that fought against the smoking bans.

Government has far over stepped it's boundaries imo. But taking guns into restaurants isn't the solution to the problem. Just like the fags & their sit in at ChicFilA backfired, I see this going the same way. Pardon the pun but you guys are shooting yourselves in the foot imo

What questions? I will be happy to answer them.

If you are referring to your question "...do you really think silence or inactivity is the answer?", then my answer is no. But the choice is not between silence or inactivity and taking rifles into restaurants. I am active in the political aspect, active in shooting sports, and a lifelong hunter. I pay attention to legislation and call or email my congressmen if I feel the need. Taking an AK into a restaurant does nothing positive for shooters.

2nd amendment isn't up for debate. Take it where they want when they want. Not harming anyone,merely exercising their rights.

the second amendment doesn't preclude reasonable regulation.

they do it to intimidate and bully people.

i suspect it makes up for very teeny genitalia.

Really, what's the faghadist reason for pushing their shit in everyones faces. Too small of dicks or too large vagina's? Or is it to force people to accept their lifestyle as normal? You approve the tactic for one group but not the other. Hypocrite much?
you cant die from a gay standing near you.

Oh and there is no intimidation involved. The gun grabber nuts use shock and awe so should the 2nd amendment defenders.
Horseshit. This is about either intimidation or about waving their dicks around because they can.
False dichotomy.
This is no different than a gay pride parade, with flamboyantly dressed queers walking down the street kissing one another.

except if something goes wrong, one ends up killing people. the other might get a tear in their stockings.

This is why concealed carry is preferable, and I would continue to conceal carry a firearm even if allowed open carry in my state.

Indeed, with concealed carry one is afforded comprehensive options with regard to the use of a firearm pursuant to self-defense.

And it can be argued that in such venues, long guns are not the most efficient means of self-defense with a firearm.

What questions? I will be happy to answer them.

If you are referring to your question "...do you really think silence or inactivity is the answer?", then my answer is no. But the choice is not between silence or inactivity and taking rifles into restaurants. I am active in the political aspect, active in shooting sports, and a lifelong hunter. I pay attention to legislation and call or email my congressmen if I feel the need. Taking an AK into a restaurant does nothing positive for shooters.

And when it's done legally it shouldn't be a negative either. Personally I would never carry a long gun anywhere but to hunt, but I'm not going to criticize someone who choses to legally do so. Like I said earlier, no one else is choosing to educate the public.

Forum List

Back