Shoving your gun's in everyone's faces to prove a point is beyond dumb (proof inside)

It forces the conversation, I will agree with you there. But the conversation will soon turn to an explanation that the guns they are carrying are not toys to be shown off and that they are not "cool" for carrying one into Chili's. And when they are in Chili's, eating dinner, where will their loaded rifle be? Will it be stored safely? Or will it be leaning against the booth or under the table?

Maybe you should address those questions to the people that are actually doing it, I haven't personally witnessed it being done. I know if I did it I would have it slung, muzzle up, on my person. But I don't plan to do it, so for me it is a moot point.

You were the one defending these ridiculous acts. I guess you have to hope you are not seated in a booth, huh?

Chair, booth, doesn't matter, I've handled rifles in the military in all types of situations, if you're practiced it's easy to do it safely. I will say that anyone who would go into a public space with a long gun and a round chambered is a fool.

2nd amendment isn't up for debate. Take it where they want when they want. Not harming anyone,merely exercising their rights.

So when some guy walks into a restaurant with his AR-15 in hand, and a young lady with her three kids feels threatened and pulls out her .38 special and puts five bullets into the guy, is it then considered stand your ground? Seriously, if some odd looking fellow walks into a public place with that type of gun, most people are thinking run and hide because this fucker is about to start shooting the place up. How is the mother to know if this man is just executing his rights to carry any crazy weapon he feels like or if he is about to go on a killing spree? If she is armed, should she wait for him to start shooting, or should she shoot to kill and know she is protecting herself and her family?

2nd amendment isn't up for debate. Take it where they want when they want. Not harming anyone,merely exercising their rights.

So when some guy walks into a restaurant with his AR-15 in hand, and a young lady with her three kids feels threatened and pulls out her .38 special and puts five bullets into the guy, is it then considered stand your ground? Seriously, if some odd looking fellow walks into a public place with that type of gun, most people are thinking run and hide because this fucker is about to start shooting the place up. How is the mother to know if this man is just executing his rights to carry any crazy weapon he feels like or if he is about to go on a killing spree? If she is armed, should she wait for him to start shooting, or should she shoot to kill and know she is protecting herself and her family?

Unless the guy was pointing it at people, the woman would go to prison for murder.

Unless the guy was pointing it at people, the woman would go to prison for murder.

Say he's carrying it in a manner that could be construed as getting ready to use it? Now let's say he is actually a soon to be mass murderer. If this woman waits to take this guy out, it will be too late. She will likely be dead before she has the opportunity. With that in mind, does it do her any good to have the gun in the first place?

But she should just haul ass with her kids outta there. You went a little over the top to make a good point. Got kids with you? See gun...Run.

The very fact that the public is intimidated by the simple sight of a firearm tells me the left has succeeded in pussyfying the country. With the schools and mass media teaching fear, exactly how do you propose countering their influence without getting in someones face? They have been pushing their POV in everyones face for decades now and they demonize anyone with an opposing view, do you really think silence or inactivity is the answer?

It's not the mass Media teaching fear, it's the mass murderers in the schools and elsewhere teaching fear. And these days you never know, so in a public setting fear of some bozo carrying an assault weapon is a healthy, rational fear.

Say he's carrying it in a manner that could be construed as getting ready to use it? Now let's say he is actually a soon to be mass murderer. If this woman waits to take this guy out, it will be too late. She will likely be dead before she has the opportunity. With that in mind, does it do her any good to have the gun in the first place?

The simple act of carrying a gun does not make someone a mass murderer.

If the same woman saw my coat hang open and spotted my pistol, would she open fire on me too?

If she can't tell the difference in some casually walking in with a long gun and a crazy having it at the ready, she has no business having a gun herself. Having a CCW carries with it an obligation to know the law on carrying a weapon, open and concealed.

The very fact that the public is intimidated by the simple sight of a firearm tells me the left has succeeded in pussyfying the country. With the schools and mass media teaching fear, exactly how do you propose countering their influence without getting in someones face? They have been pushing their POV in everyones face for decades now and they demonize anyone with an opposing view, do you really think silence or inactivity is the answer?

It's not the mass Media teaching fear, it's the mass murderers in the schools and elsewhere teaching fear. And these days you never know, so in a public setting fear of some bozo carrying an assault weapon is a healthy, rational fear.

If you're going to quote somebody at least give proper credit for my words..

Secondly mass shooting are probably a 1000 time more rear than armed robberies and assaults with a deadly weapon in public spaces. It's is the media and schools not making people aware of these facts and not making them aware of the state laws concerning how weapons may be carried. It is their place to keep people informed and educate them is it not? How about you rag on them and demand they do their freaking jobs and stop spreading the fear yourself. You are part of the problem.

Last edited:

Secondly mass shooting are probably a 1000 time more rear than armed robberies and assaults with a deadly weapon in public spaces. It's is the media and schools not making people aware of these facts and not making them aware of the state laws concerning how weapons may be carried. It is their place to keep people informed and educate them is it not? How about you rag on them and demand they do their freaking jobs and stop spreading the fear yourself. You are part of the problem.

Educating people that it's legal to carry an assault weapon, into a theater say, isn't going to make them any less fearful, and reminding them about armed robberies and assualts in public places just adds to the paranoia. In my opinion. Anyway why would you want to open carry an assault rifle in a restaurent, what practicle purpose does that serve. I's legal to go unbathed and smelly with BO and fart your way through a restaurant, should people excersize that right also? Or should they respect other people's sensibilities, like a good neighbor would do?

Oh and there is no intimidation involved. The gun grabber nuts use shock and awe so should the 2nd amendment defenders.
Horseshit. This is about either intimidation or about waving their dicks around because they can.
False dichotomy.
This is no different than a gay pride parade, with flamboyantly dressed queers walking down the street kissing one another.[/QUOTE]

Dude, you just equated open carry gun nutters to flamboyantly dressed queers kissing each other. Is that what you meant to do? Not that I disagree but still...........gun nutters equal flamboyant queers. WOW.

I know what would really set you off right. Flamboyant queers kissing each other while carrying their "long guns".

Would that excite you or what?

Educating people that it's legal to carry an assault weapon, into a theater say, isn't going to make them any less fearful, and reminding them about armed robberies and assualts in public places just adds to the paranoia. In my opinion. Anyway why would you want to open carry an assault rifle in a restaurent, what practicle purpose does that serve. I's legal to go unbathed and smelly with BO and fart your way through a restaurant, should people excersize that right also? Or should they respect other people's sensibilities, like a good neighbor would do?

Smedly, I think you answered your own question. They want to carry their weapon to shoot the stinky guy.

Horseshit. This is about either intimidation or about waving their dicks around because they can.
False dichotomy.
This is no different than a gay pride parade, with flamboyantly dressed queers walking down the street kissing one another.[/QUOTE]

Dude, you just equated open carry gun nutters to flamboyantly dressed queers kissing each other. Is that what you meant to do? Not that I disagree but still...........gun nutters equal flamboyant queers. WOW.

I know what would really set you off right. Flamboyant queers kissing each other while carrying their "long guns".

You -must- have misunderstood my statement on purpose.

If she can't tell the difference in some casually walking in with a long gun and a crazy having it at the ready, she has no business having a gun herself. Having a CCW carries with it an obligation to know the law on carrying a weapon, open and concealed.

The fuck you say. A gun nutter now wanting to place restrictions and guidelines on gun ownership. Where does it say in the COTUS that a gun owner has an obligation to know the gun laws of the state they live in?

False dichotomy.

Nah dude. I understand the English language pretty good. What you said is what you said. What you meant, I have no idea.

But really, would you mind if a bunch of gays walked down the street openly carrying their rifles while kissing each other?

That would be more frightening that when the Black Panthers openly carried 12 ga. pump shotguns. For neighborhood security.

So she's afraid of guns, pulls out her weapon and kills someone for carrying a gun? Have you thought this through?

False dichotomy.

Nah dude. I understand the English language pretty good.
Then you have a severe issue with context.

Forum List

Back