CDZ Should Whoopi have been suspended for her free speech?

ViewFromAbove

Gold Member
May 6, 2019
Whoopi Goldberg was suspended from "The View" TV show over her Holocaust comments: that it was not about "race", but it was about "man's inhumanity to man" and that both groups of people (Nazis & Jews) were white.

Was she wrong? If so, why?
Even if she was mistaken, why suspend her for her comments, especially since she apologized & corrected/clarified her statements?

Personally, I believe she was not completely wrong, and she definitely should not have been suspended.

lol she was all for censorship and ruining careers for having opinions. The leftwingers started this shit train, so let's just follow their lead and let them eat each other. It's great to watch them disintegrate. The country is in free fall anyway, no going back to sanity and common sense, so no need to protect the scum and deviants from themselves.

What if someone comments about slavery and says it's about "man's inhumanity to man", how well would that go over? Would Whoopi say that about slavery? I doubt it. It's like saying it's no big deal, happens all the time. It's marginalizing the extermination of 6 million Jews, what difference does it make what color they all were? Consider this:

In his new book, “Legacy: A Genetic History of the Jewish People,” Harry Ostrer, a medical geneticist and professor at Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York, claims that Jews are different, and the differences are not just skin deep. Jews exhibit, he writes, a distinctive genetic signature. Considering that the Nazis tried to exterminate Jews based on their supposed racial distinctiveness, such a conclusion might be a cause for concern. But Ostrer sees it as central to Jewish identity.

“Who is a Jew?” has been a poignant question for Jews throughout our history. It evokes a complex tapestry of Jewish identity made up of different strains of religious beliefs, cultural practices and blood ties to ancient Palestine and modern Israel. But the question, with its echoes of genetic determinism, also has a dark side.

Geneticists have long been aware that certain diseases, from breast cancer to Tay-Sachs, disproportionately affect Jews. Ostrer, who is also director of genetic and genomic testing at Montefiore Medical Center, goes further, maintaining that Jews are a homogeneous group with all the scientific trappings of what we used to call a “race.”

So was it about race? Maybe, maybe not but it sure as hell was a chicken-shit thing to say and is indicative of the contempt the democrats have for Jewish people. And that is why Whoopie deserved to be suspended.

63vzvd.jpg

lol she was all for censorship and ruining careers for having opinions. The leftwingers started this shit train, so let's just follow their lead and let them eat each other. It's great to watch them disintegrate. The country is in free fall anyway, no going back to sanity and common sense, so no need to protect the scum and deviants from themselves.

Yeah.........when you hear "it's a dog eat dog world".......you know they are talking about the DementiacRats going after each other!!

Funny how things are

Whoopi is suspended for only two weeks, because of her "free" speech

And Roseanne is suspended for life because of her conservative free speech.

Once again the Leftist hypocrisy raises its ugly head.

This is all very sickening.

I hope thats a joke.
Race is a physical fact.

I'm just sayin............
You see "race"....White, Black, Asian, etc but there is no scientific basis for "race". While DNA can broad stroke ethnicity, it can't determine "race" on it's own.

Race is just something man made up to distinguish between ethnicities for their own ends, good or bad.

In fact you can't even hear "race". I had a young convict brought up by black folks in Richmond, Virginia. If you was just to hear him talk you would have thought he was just your typical black hood rat.

You would go WTF just like I did when you saw him.....He was 100% Korean but his speech and mannerisms were black street culture to the core.

You see "race"....White, Black, Asian, etc but there is no scientific basis for "race". While DNA can broad stroke ethnicity, it can't determine "race" on it's own.

Race is just something man made up to distinguish between ethnicities for their own ends, good or bad.

In fact you can't even hear "race". I had a young convict brought up by black folks in Richmond, Virginia. If you was just to hear him talk you would have thought he was just your typical black hood rat.

You would go WTF just like I did when you saw him.....He was 100% Korean but his speech and mannerisms were black street culture to the core.

That sounds like what the "trans" people are saying about male and female sexes.....it's all a man made illusion.

That sounds like what the "trans" people are saying about male and female sexes.....it's all a man made illusion.
I can't speak to that but I'm pretty comfortable with the whole "race" thing as being a social construct.

If you ponder on it a bit it makes a lot of sense.

I mean look at what folks thought of the Irish at one time and even they thought of themselves as a "race", not because it was based in science, but because it suited them to call themselves so.

621607.jpg

Whoopi Goldberg was suspended from "The View" TV show over her Holocaust comments: that it was not about "race", but it was about "man's inhumanity to man" and that both groups of people (Nazis & Jews) were white.

Even if she was mistaken, why suspend her for her comments, especially since she apologized & corrected/clarified her statements?

Personally, I believe she was not completely wrong, and she definitely should not have been suspended.
She should not have been suspended. It's a show where they discuss controversial issues. It doesn't matter if she's right or wrong, though I believe she is wrong, controversy should be welcomed on that platform.

As liberals always say...
It is a private company that has the right to control its content...

Just like Twitter, right?

Right?
Is anyone saying the network didn't have a right to suspend her?

Goes around comes around.

No. She was trying to be "intellectual" so that only Blacks can be victims of racism. It's a dumb argument but I've heard it before.

Greg

Whoopi just sounds like yet another black ignoramus too stupid to realize that Jewish people did more to help them during the Civil rights era than any other group.

Considering the very high rate of antisemitism among uneducated blacks, it just goes to show that no good deed goes unpunished.

I do not agree with censorship in such cases. However wrong she may or may not have been, Ms. Goldberg absolutely has a right to believe what she does, and to appropriately express such beliefs.

However, I have no doubt that she would gleefully defend and support similar efforts to express opinions with which she disagrees, and to have people punished for expressing such opinions, I have a very difficult time mustering any sympathy for her in this case. There's a certain poetic justice in her falling victim to the same sort of injustice that she would gladly inflict on others.

Forum List

Back