Should we just abandon the idea of freedom?

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
It kind of seems to me that we are just abandoning freedom in this country. I think if that is what we are going to do we might as well just declare a dicatorship right now. Who shall be our king?

Are you suggesting Monarchism?

Monarchism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You may jest, but Constitutional monarchies have tended to be more effective safeguards for liberty than almost anything else.

British-American libertarian writer Matthew Feeney, on the occasion of the birth of Prince George of Cambridge, the potential future king of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, in 2013, wrote:[6]

“ In the last hundred years many European nations have experienced fascism, communism, and military dictatorships. However, countries with constitutional monarchies have managed for the most part to avoid extreme politics in part because monarchies provide a check on the wills of populist politicians. European monarchies--such as the Danish, Belgian, Swedish, Dutch, Norwegian, and British--have ruled over countries that are among the most stable, prosperous, and free in the world. Constitutional monarchs make it difficult for dramatic political changes to occur, oftentimes by representing traditions and customs that politicians cannot replace and few citizens would like to see overthrown.

Monarchism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Well, excepting for the poor Czar of course. . . . :badgrin:

Freedom isn't an "idea"

So, first, let's abandon the notion that it's an "idea."

Freedom is something God imbued us with the moment we were born. Freedom is God given. No human being on Earth in all of history is responsible for this concept (except for Jesus Christ). Freedom wasn't something invented by mankind. It's been there all along.

Freedom is something God imbued us with the moment we were born. Freedom is God given.

Then your God us a fool, as He grants,such Lixuries to thise who neither understand and cherish it nor deserve it in the first place.

Freedom is rightly a Luxury for thise who have proven an ability and willingness to live within the confines of a proper society. Very few Americans fit that definition these days.

It kind of seems to me that we are just abandoning freedom in this country. I think if that is what we are going to do we might as well just declare a dicatorship right now. Who shall be our king?

Freedom is only freedom as long as it doesn't effect the next person. We need enough government to make sure people respect these limits.

I don't want a dictatorship that is for sure.

Liberty is scary. It's uncertain. There is no guarantees with liberty. We might fail, get hurt, have to pick ourselves up, do something, and make the hard choices to provide for ourselves. Far too many people don't want any of that, so they are more than happy to trade their liberty for comfort and the knowledge that someone else will pick them up if they fall down, provide for them, and make the hard decisions. They say the right things and pretend to love their liberty and freedoms and rights, but when the rubber meets the road, they would rather do nothing than stick their necks out.

The problem is those people get to vote, they will happily vote away your liberties for their security, and every day there are more of them than there are of you.

I prefer we abandon Democrats. At sea. In a soap boat.

Freedom isn't an "idea"

Freedom is something God imbued us with the moment we were born. Freedom is God given. No human being on Earth in all of history is responsible for this concept (except for Jesus Christ). Freedom wasn't something invented by mankind. It's been there all along.

"Slaves obey your masters" and "give unto Caesar what is Caesar's" doesn't really equate with freedom and liberty. Jesus may very well have provided me with my spiritual independence, but He didn't a whole lot for my temporal needs in that regard.

Free to sale ourselves and our services or property as we see fit without needing special permission like Livery licenses. Free to prostitute ourselves if we choose to do so. Free to imbibe whatever we choose to imbibe regardless as to whether it's bad for us. Free to tell BLM to go fuck themselves.

Freedom isn't an "idea"

Freedom is what we establish for ourselves. God has nothing to do with it. At no time in history has any God intervened on the part of freedom. Only men can establish that for themselves. And it the concept was invented by man just as the concept of a supreme deity was invented by man. Note that almost all deities are made in the image of man.

Your freedom ends where the next fellows toes begin. The closer those toes are, the less freedom you have, and the more you have to cleave to the rules of society in order not to descend into chaos.

Freedom isn't an "idea"

"Slaves obey your masters" and "give unto Caesar what is Caesar's" doesn't really equate with freedom and liberty. Jesus may very well have provided me with my spiritual independence, but He didn't a whole lot for my temporal needs in that regard.

Huh?

Forum List

Back