Should We Hit North Korea With An EMP?

Make them suffer a bit more and they will overthrow the little asshole.

Because that's worked so well for the past 50 years?

An EMP blast would fry their electronics and cripple their ability to launch another cyber attack, but I don't think North Koreans are too dependent on electricity.

north-korea-cyber-capabilities_1.png
It's North Korea

Who would notice?

NK supposedly has a satellite that can take out OUR power-grid with an EMP....that's some serious shit that Barry could have been working on for the past 6 years instead of land grabs, trying to cripple oil fracking and coal mining, importing millions of illiterate illegals, giving Iraq to ISIS, letting Iran get the bomb, abandoning the Afghans and sicing the IRS on the Tea Party. Barry is odd like that....:eusa_doh:

We've had the capability to destroy enemy satellites since the late 1970's. Besides that, EMPs are not a magic horse. Only high altitude nuclear blasts have the capability to affect us to that degree. At most, NK has a targeted non nuclear weapon that can cause limited damage until we destroy it.

I think that we should send in a team to put false numbers on all their slide rules, so that they can find out what it is like for someone to sabotage their technology.

It seems that no matter how technologically advanced North Korea is proving to be, unthinking block heads are going to laugh about how rustic they are. They aren't. They hacked into a multi billion dollar corporation whose budget just for internet security runs in the millions of dollars. They stole information and extorted them into not releasing a movie. There are several monstrously stupid idiots on this thread who insist they're unsophisticated when in fact it's clear they're not.

Stop being so stupid!

No. Their electronics are probably so primitive they would mostly survive anyway.

Why do so many people spew this same idiocy in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary?

They hacked Sony, you twits!
The computers they have could be easily replaced, and their electricity grid isn't very complex so would be easy though costly to repair. Also the hackers could be based in China, which is much more likely. Attacking NK with EMP, will spur them to hack our electricity grid and cause significant damage. Your strategy of escalating the conflict is the stupid one.

No. Their electronics are probably so primitive they would mostly survive anyway.

Why do so many people spew this same idiocy in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary?

The computers they have could be easily replaced, and their electricity grid isn't very complex so would be easy though costly to repair. Also the hackers could be based in China, which is much more likely. Attacking NK with EMP, will spur them to hack our electricity grid and cause significant damage. Your strategy of escalating the conflict is the stupid one.

What's your strategy? "Don't make them any more angry?" Now THAT's a stupid one! The only thing regimes like this understand is fear and if we hit them hard, they're going to fear us and the attacks will stop. You and Obama placating terrorists has never proven to work. In fact, after Sony succumbed to the terrorists' demands, the terrorists had another list of demands. That's how it works. This isn't a time for pussies like you and Obama to be in charge. We're starving for real leadership.

What's your strategy? "Don't make them any more angry?" Now THAT's a stupid one! The only thing regimes like this understand is fear and if we hit them hard, they're going to fear us and the attacks will stop. You and Obama placating terrorists has never proven to work. In fact, after Sony succumbed to the terrorists' demands, the terrorists had another list of demands. That's how it works. This isn't a time for pussies like you and Obama to be in charge. We're starving for real leadership.
You're starving for WW3 or another Korean War, and bitching because you won't get one.

It seems that no matter how technologically advanced North Korea is proving to be, unthinking block heads are going to laugh about how rustic they are. They aren't. They hacked into a multi billion dollar corporation whose budget just for internet security runs in the millions of dollars. They stole information and extorted them into not releasing a movie. There are several monstrously stupid idiots on this thread who insist they're unsophisticated when in fact it's clear they're not.

Stop being so stupid!

The N. Koreans claim that they did not do it. I tend to believe them, because they have not yet invented a movie projector, which means they never saw the movie.

Stop being so stupid!

The N. Koreans claim that they did not do it. I tend to believe them, because they have not yet invented a movie projector, which means they never saw the movie.
The FBI claims they did and has a long list of evidence that leads right to them. You base your belief on the idiocy interwoven throughout this thread that North Korea is unsophisticated and lacking in electronic infrastructure. Being incorrigibly wrong is not a laudable trait.

Don't get me wrong. I know that the N. Koreans are trying to catch up. I read that hey bought a toilet and disassembled it, in order to figure out how just pushing that little handle makes it work so well.

Don't get me wrong. I know that the N. Koreans are trying to catch up. I read that hey bought a toilet and disassembled it, in order to figure out how just pushing that little handle makes it work so well.

I can promise you this. If we don't hit North Korea and I mean HARD, we're not going to be laughing at them anymore as they launch even more attacks against our infrastructure. Who's going to be laughing when they hack the NYSE? Or how about the Fed? The only "catching up" that needs to happen is our perception of North Korea's abilities.

I don't hear a lot of people discussing this as a plausible way to strike back at the Norks. What other alternatives do we have....to put them back on the terrorist watch list? I'm sure they're quaking in their commie boots!

emp_bomb_226.gif

And I really don't like the idea of conventional attacks. What are we going to shed blood because of an internet hack? Doesn't seem right.

I just think that if North Korea wants to engage in electronic international warfare, we should give them a taste of what we can do. You say North Korea doesn't have a lot of electronics? They had enough to bring a multi billion dollar company to it's knees inside the United States. And because it's estimated that the amount of information they stole might take up their entire storage infrastructure, an EMP blast might just cause them to lose much or all of the information they're extorting Sony with.

Just and idea. I'm no expert on these things, but would like to know what others think.

09korea1-articleLarge-490x294.jpg

dont know what good it would do

they are mostly in the dark now

dprk-dmsp-dark-old.jpg

I don't hear a lot of people discussing this as a plausible way to strike back at the Norks. What other alternatives do we have....to put them back on the terrorist watch list? I'm sure they're quaking in their commie boots!

emp_bomb_226.gif

And I really don't like the idea of conventional attacks. What are we going to shed blood because of an internet hack? Doesn't seem right.

I just think that if North Korea wants to engage in electronic international warfare, we should give them a taste of what we can do. You say North Korea doesn't have a lot of electronics? They had enough to bring a multi billion dollar company to it's knees inside the United States. And because it's estimated that the amount of information they stole might take up their entire storage infrastructure, an EMP blast might just cause them to lose much or all of the information they're extorting Sony with.

Just and idea. I'm no expert on these things, but would like to know what others think.

dprk-dmsp-dark-old.jpg

Amazing how many people think a lack of street lights means they also don't have formidable internet offensive capabilities even in the face of recent events that proves such an assumption foolish. I'm beginning to think I'm not dealing with intelligent people on this thread. Nearly all of you have proven to be embarrassingly stupid.

emp_bomb_226.gif

dprk-dmsp-dark-old.jpg

Amazing how many people think a lack of street lights means they also don't have formidable internet offensive capabilities even in the face of recent events that proves such an assumption foolish. I'm beginning to think I'm not dealing with intelligent people on this thread. Nearly all of you have proven to be embarrassingly stupid.

target them with conventional weapons

It will take a few years before the N. Koreans can launch a nuclear missile against the US. It will take them until at least 2020 to get an extension cord that long.

emp_bomb_226.gif

dprk-dmsp-dark-old.jpg

And kill people over an internet hack? I already addressed that in the OP.

It will take a few years before the N. Koreans can launch a nuclear missile against the US. It will take them until at least 2020 to get an extension cord that long.[/QUOTE

emp_bomb_226.gif

dprk-dmsp-dark-old.jpg

innocent people at the source

--LOL

ya aint going get em with an emt

--LOL

maybe melt em down with a return hack

--LOL

It will take a few years before the N. Koreans can launch a nuclear missile against the US. It will take them until at least 2020 to get an extension cord that long.[/QUOTE

emp_bomb_226.gif

dprk-dmsp-dark-old.jpg

innocent people at the source

--LOL

ya aint going get em with an emt

--LOL

maybe melt em down with a return hack

--LOL

You don't really know what an EMP does, do you?

what about the innocent people who crash their cars

or airliners that crash or trains systems losing control

when they can not control

their systems after an emp blast

yeah an emp blast is well reasoned out

--LOL

Forum List

Back