Zone1 Should we feel bad for Yahweh?

God is literally the source of existence. Logically there is no other option than an eternal and never changing source of reality. A source which supplies reality equally to every part of the universe — all events at all times and all places. A source which does not supply energy as a match does to an explosive, but supplies reality instead. This is a life breeding, intelligence creating universe because the constant presence of mind made it so. Imbibing its creation with its invisible attributes. As such God is every extant attribute of reality. God is infinite logic, infinite truth, infinite intelligence, infinite wisdom, infinite knowledge, infinite love, infinite patience, infinite justice, infinite mercy, infinite kindness, infinite goodness and every other extant reality of existence. I am not saying God has those attributes. I am saying God is those attributes.

So how horrible of an existence do you think it to be to be every extant attribute of reality?

Yes that's what you think

Personally I think that being immortal, omniscient and omnipotent would be the most boring way to exist.

But if I could create anything where it was possible to not already know all the outcomes and the exact timeline in which everything will happen after that creation is made then that's a horse of another color because I wouldn't be omniscient would I?

What ifs? Have you noticed how "What ifs" seldom happen? And if there is an earthquake, I'll definitely want to go for a walk. Cars can be fixed. The same principle applies.

What ifs happen all the time. But they never happen if you are omniscient.

There is no wonder in life if you know when where and how everything will happen in the future.
So you make plans and want them to fall apart so you will be surprised? I'm the opposite. When I plan a garden, there is wonder...even when, perhaps especially when, it turns out exactly as planned.

So you make plans and want them to fall apart so you will be surprised? I'm the opposite. When I plan a garden, there is wonder...even when, perhaps especially when, it turns out exactly as planned.
"Man plans, and God laughs."

Are you talking about waiting for an emotion? Why not just love? Hearts mend. They can come back even stronger.

So you would want to know well in advance every person you would fall in love with and when they would break your heart or betray you?

Omniscient.
All the "omnis" have this caveat...For example, "omniscient" is having all the knowledge it is possible to have at that point. Does God have the knowledge of what we will wear three weeks and four days from today....or, will He have that knowledge when it becomes possible at a certain point?

I've never made that claim. And if I had it still wouldn't negate that you seeing God's existence as horrible is really a reflection of how you see your existence.

It's not an accident that dishonest people tend to see other people as dishonest. It's not an accident that people whose lives are a mess tend to see other people's lives as a mess. It's just human nature. Good people tend to see other people as good people. Honest people tend to see other people as honest people.

You certainly seem to make definitive statements about everything that has ever existed and never fail to tell me I am wrong about absolutely everything.

Imagine existing as a being that can instantly create anything it wants by a mere thought.
Imagine existing a a being that knows everything that will happen far before it actually does happen.
Imagine living forever with never having anything to strive for and never being surprised by anything.

To me that sounds like the most horrible of existences. Some would call it Hell.

Pffffffffffffffffttttttttttttttttttt ......

You try living without the seven deadly sins and see how you feel ... un-human, right? ...

All the "omnis" have this caveat...For example, "omniscient" is having all the knowledge it is possible to have at that point. Does God have the knowledge of what we will wear three weeks and four days from today....or, will He have that knowledge when it becomes possible at a certain point?

I disagree on the definition.

Omniscience is know all there is to know past present and future.

Do you think Yahweh knows when you were going to be born? When you will die? If he knows that then if he wanted to he could certainly know what you are going to wear tomorrow.

Imagine existing as a being that can instantly create anything it wants by a mere thought.
Imagine existing a a being that knows everything that will happen far before it actually does happen.
Imagine living forever with never having anything to strive for and never being surprised by anything.

To me that sounds like the most horrible of existences. Some would call it Hell.
Heavy is the crown...

So you would want to know well in advance every person you would fall in love with and when they would break your heart or betray you?
Why would I want to know in advance? Sounds like a great way to avoid great experiences before one's heart is broken. Sounds like a great way to avoid loving others at all.

Of course not no one does but prudent people make contingency plans because they cannot know with absolute certainty what will happen

Why would I want to know in advance? Sounds like a great way to avoid great experiences before one's heart is broken. Sounds like a great way to avoid loving others at all.

But if you were omniscient and omnipotent you would know.

Do you think Yahweh knows when you were going to be born? When you will die? If he knows that then if he wanted to he could certainly know what you are going to wear tomorrow.
Why would I think Yahweh knows when I will die?

Of course not no one does but prudent people make contingency plans because they cannot know with absolute certainty what will happen
You have never had to make spur-of-the-moment plans? Whatever happens, I know I can give my best and go from there.

You have never had to make spur-of-the-moment plans? Whatever happens, I know I can give my best and go from there.

So now you are saying those "what ifs" that almost never happen do actually happen enough that we have to make spur of the moment plans at times.

And knowing you can adjust to the unexpected is not the same as knowing everything that can happen before it does,

He knows everything.
We are circling around to, When does He know it. You are imagining God knows the future. I believe God knows His future plans and have confidence that His plans will come about at some point. I doubt that God is concerned about when exactly I will die. He'll take care of it when it happens. In other words, when you know you can handle what ever is happening now, why would one need to know the future? What would be the purpose in knowing the future?

Forum List

Back