Should we decentralize the U.S. government?

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
This is a great idea.....spread out the assholes in the bureaucracy.....

we already have ,,,its called the 10th amendment,,,

Heck no. Keep them in one place where they can be watched easier. What do you want a full employment act for journalist by spreading the swamp across America?

With modern communication technology, there is no reason why Congressmen and Senators have to spend much time in Washington DC. Why can't they stay in their states/districts and vote telepathically?

As far as the Dept of State, moving them out of Foggy Bottom would be a good idea, and move the whole operation to Manhattan. All of the countries already have UN missions there, no reason to force them to have 2 separate tax-exempt facilities in America.

The 10th amendment is practically dead compared to the power the founders intended to give it.

Wow.

Do any of you even understand what is meant by, "Decentralize"??

It has nothing to do with location.

Holy fuck.

The 10th amendment is practically dead compared to the power the founders intended to give it.
might be dead to you but in the real world it still exists,,,

no. no. no. I am all for the 10th amendment. My point is that the federal government has expanded its powers well beyond what should be allowed by the 10th amendment.

no. no. no. I am all for the 10th amendment. My point is that the federal government has expanded its powers well beyond what should be allowed by the 10th amendment.
if thats the case,, which it is,, the solution is simple,,,

restore the 10th A and be done with it,,,
no reason to reinvent the wheel,,,

It is.

We can perform a ressurection...but that will take decades.

We should also repeal the 17th.

The fucking SCOTUS through the decades (especially under FDR and that sonofabitch Earl Warren) has allowed more power to pass to the fed.

States have done a shitass job of fighting back.

Heck no. Keep them in one place where they can be watched easier. What do you want a full employment act for journalist by spreading the swamp across America?

Bad idea.

Once the federal government has taken power, it is almost impossible for that power to be taken back.

Once the federal government has taken power, it is almost impossible for that power to be taken back.
doesnt mean we dont try or that we should do something stupid like rewrite the constitution,,,

and its the dems and repubes that have violated it not the government,,,

doesnt mean we dont try or that we should do something stupid like rewrite the constitution,,,

What specifically are you going to try?

for starters not voting for dems or repubes ,,,

what about you???

what about you???
I voted 3rd party for the last presidential election. However, third party candidates rarely get any traction in elections. The MSM always focuses on the democrats and republicans.

what about you???
I voted 3rd party for the last presidential election. However, third party candidates rarely get any traction in elections. The MSM always focuses on the democrats and republicans.
OK ,,, your point??

what about you???
OK ,,, your point??
Goodluck trying to change anything by not voting for the two main parties. Unless you can convince a majority of voters to do the same, it will be an exercise in futility.

Forum List

Back