Should the US defend Taiwan from China?

Should they?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
And we all know what joe will do.
I’m not sure Joe knows what he will do

And thats a recipe for disaster should china guess that he wont do anything but he does

At that point there is no turning back for the CCP and we get full scale war

Btw: its not just the US but also Japan, Australia, and others

Thats a formidable force that china would not challenge had they known our intentions

Last edited:
OTH, the U.S. should not have to take sides, since we are intertwined with both sides, economically and politically.
I disagree

China is a communist dictatorship and bitter enemy of the west, particularly America

Taiwan is a democratic nation in a strategic location that is vital to the protection of US interests and the defense of Japan

For china Taiwan is just a stepping stone toward world domination

Isn't starting a war a time-honored way to distract from internal problems?
Exactly

Or delivering a national triumph if china thinks the west will let them get away with territorial aggression

So what you're saying is without us the island would have tiped over long ago from over population?
Of course not, I was indicting the theories of the nervous nellies that believe we haven’t done anything and seem to think we’re unprepared for what may come in the future. FYI, China knows we are and are just trying to sow chaos by trolling the easily fooled. They know they don’t stand a chance in any real battle. Their military is filled with momma’s boys from the One Child era that can’t even win against a second rate power like India.

Simple yes or no.

I say yes, we should defend nearly any freedom loving allied nation from them
In a sense, YES.

No American troops should be involved, however.

BUT:

1 We should sell or give Taiwan the very best weapons to destroy any Red invasion.

2. We should have on the island the best American military advisers to show Taiwan how to stop the Reds.

3. We should use American intelligence tools to let the Taiwanese know every move of the Reds.

4. We should quietly let the Reds know that any conquest of Taiwan will result in a severance of diplomatic ties.

Last edited:
In a sense, YES.

No American troops should be involved.

But:

No. 1. We should sell or give Taiwan the very best weapons to destroy any Red invasion.

No. 2. We should have the smartest American military advisers on the island give advice on how to foil the Reds.

No. 3. We should use American intelligence tools to let the Taiwanese know where the Reds are.

No. 4. We should quietly let the Reds know that any conquest of Taiwan will result in a severance of diplomatic ties.
Number 2 a joke? Do they advise them before or after the lesson on white privilege?

I disagree

China is a communist dictatorship and bitter enemy of the west, particularly America

Taiwan is a democratic nation in a strategic location that is vital to the protection of US interests and the defense of Japan

For china Taiwan is just a stepping stone toward world domination
Did you read the wiki stub? :dunno:

"The Communists captured Hainan in 1950, captured the Dachen Islands and Yijiangshan Islands during the First Taiwan Strait Crisis in 1955"

"Ever since losing control of mainland China, the Kuomintang continued to claim sovereignty over 'all of China', which it defined to include mainland China (including Tibet, which remained independent until 1951)"

Do you know who Zbigniew Brzezinski is, and what the Trilateral Commission is? Do you know what their philosophy is regarding engagement toward China even is?

When we look at historical parellels to WWII, and policies of "appeasement," it is clear how we got here, and what will precipitate if we fall into the trap that the global oligarchs are setting up.

I have no interest in WWIII.

No, we do not want to follow either a course of appeasement, nor should we just let Taiwan slip into that good night either. It is not worth WWIII, which is precisely what the global elites want at this point. The end result, will be, a global technocratic state, regardless of who wins a global conflagration.

China is NOT a communist dictatorship, it is a scientific dictatorship, and the US is rapidly becoming one as well. Only propaganda has you deceived as to believe that we are any different.

The global oligarchs have one goal, to remake the world into one total global technocratic scientific dictatorship. Global war, like a "global pandemic," or "global terrorism," or "global warming" is just one staged way of doing it.

ORDO AB CHAO.

Order out of Chaos.

Last edited:
TSMC?

I wonder how many got all your abbreviations?
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company.
I guess people have no fxxking idea of the current CCP if they don't get it. Taking over Taiwan because of TSMC is one of CCP's options to solve their semiconductor development bottleneck.

In a sense, YES.

No American troops should be involved, however.

BUT:

1 We should sell or give Taiwan the very best weapons to destroy any Red invasion.

2. We should have on the island the best American military advisers to show Taiwan how to stop the Reds.

3. We should use American intelligence tools to let the Taiwanese know every move of the Reds.

4. We should quietly let the Reds know that any conquest of Taiwan will result in a severance of diplomatic ties.
Why does China feel any pressure at all? The world is getting smaller due to advances in technologies. Taxes are supposed to be raised for the general welfare, not the general warfare. Infrastructure upgrade!

I see what you did there. The Chinese communists invaded Korea in 1950, and you didn't want that to make the list. Nice try.
They also overran Tibet after coming to power in 1949 - not 1956

Do you know who Zbigniew Brzezinski is, and what the Trilateral Commission is? Do you know what their philosophy is regarding engagement toward China even is?
Mika’s daddy and he’s dead

As for the nature of the chinese dictatorship who cares what we choose to call it as long as we understand that its a menace and must be resisted

Mika’s daddy and he’s dead

As for the nature of the chinese dictatorship who cares what we choose to call it as long as we understand that its a menace and must be resisted
I agree.

But it is the way in which we resist it which needs to be addressed.

Did we go to war with the Soviet Union when they rolled tanks into Czechoslovak? Thus provoking the globalists desire for a world conflagration?

Or did we wait until the whole scheme fell apart because totalitarianism is incompatible with with human nature?

:dunno:

After they did that, we beefed up security making further aggression too painful for them. It is time to beef up Taiwan's security now. . . IMO.

I agree.

But it is the way in which we resist it which needs to be addressed.

Did we go to war with the Soviet Union when they rolled tanks into Czechoslovak? Thus provoking the globalists desire for a world conflagration?

Or did we wait until the whole scheme fell apart because totalitarianism is incompatible with with human nature?

:dunno:

After they did that, we beefed up security making further aggression too painful for them. It is time to beef up Taiwan's security now. . . IMO.
The two situations were different

Eastern Europe was overrun by the russian army during WWII and was already in control of that territory

That was much like china’s actions on Hong Kong which we should not have resisted militarily

But Taiwan is an independent sovereign nation despite the bullshit claims of the china apologists and more similar to nazi germany invading poland

Any allusions to Hitler's Germany or the NSDAP are completely incongruent in this case.

Taiwan is Chinese territory ceded back to China, from Japan, after WW2.
Taiwan was part of Imperial China. Never Communist China.

Forum List

Back