Should the Genocide of the American Indians never be forgotten like the Nazi Holocaust

We should never forget how horribly Native Americans have been treated.

Remember how the Supreme Court once ruled in favor of them, and some President told the Court to go jump in the lake?

When the United States finally collapses into anarchy sometime in the next century (or sooner), I hope Native Americans will take advantage of the situation to declare complete independence.

(Some people feel that Mexico is already taking back through undocumented immigration the Southwest that was stolen by this country in the 1840s.)

The "racial" policies of the Nazis were based upon, and an extension of, commonly practiced actions of countries before the thirties (and arguably even after). Unfortunately, we can only pretend that Hitler invented much in that regard. This statement, rather than absolving the Germans in any way, actually serves to condemn the actions they copied. "We" were as wrong as "they". Fact is, "they" are "us". The lesson is to be learned and repetition averted.

[/QUOTE]
And you don't hear France asking for 'Givies Backies."
[/QUOTE]
Wait a minute! What an idea! What a thought! If Macron gets hold of this...

The "racial" policies of the Nazis were based upon, and an extension of, commonly practiced actions of countries before the thirties (and arguably even after). Unfortunately, we can only pretend that Hitler invented much in that regard. This statement, rather than absolving the Germans in any way, actually serves to condemn the actions they copied. "We" were as wrong as "they". Fact is, "they" are "us". The lesson is to be learned and repetition averted.

Hitler was a great admirer of Lincoln and Sherman.

The history of the Native Americans hasn't been forgotten and won't be forgotten, so I am not sure what the OP was looking for with this thread.
I am still wondering how many generations it will take before everyone born in the US will be Native American..

native
[ ney-tiv ]SHOW IPA

SEE SYNONYMS FOR native ON THESAURUS.COM
adjective
being the place or environment in which a person was born or a thing came into being:eek:ne's native land.

American
[əˈmerəkən]
ADJECTIVE
  1. relating to or characteristic of the United States or its inhabitants.

I am not born of Europe, or Asia, or Africa or Australia, but of the United States of America, just like the rest of the Natives of America. But then there wouldnt be identity politics but a unified people....

We should never forget how horribly Native Americans have been treated.

Remember how the Supreme Court once ruled in favor of them, and some President told the Court to go jump in the lake?

When the United States finally collapses into anarchy sometime in the next century (or sooner), I hope Native Americans will take advantage of the situation to declare complete independence.

(Some people feel that Mexico is already taking back through undocumented immigration the Southwest that was stolen by this country in the 1840s.)
Come on man, tell it like it is, Andrew Jackson, Democrat slave owner was the one who declared war on the Indians with the Andrew Jackson, Indian Removal Act, and the Trail of Tears (thoughtco.com)

Forum List

Back