Should State Governments have the right to overturn the popular vote?

Trump showed them the way.

Fabricate false election fraud claims and then ask partisan state lawmakers to back them and overturn the voters.

Fabricate false election fraud claims and then ask partisan state lawmakers to back them and overturn the voters.

Trump failed because the state legislatures don’t have that authority.

Now they do
The question do you believe in the power of the vote or do you not. The GOP wants to eviscerate the power of the individual and put it in the hands of the State.
the power of the vote is more dangerous than the covid,,, people are stupid and easily controlled and why all democracies fail,,
Apparently, all those that fought and died for free and fair elections, or for government for the people and by the people, died in vain in your view.
thats two different things,, the fought and died for freedom and the vote as your implying it can take that away,,
Can you have a free society, if your vote means nothing?
and what if the vote was for restarting slavery???

I am not going to argue with you that there were times the people were wrong. However, when compared with decisions of authoritarian regimes, Representative Democracies have been spot. That is because representative democracies change with times; authoritarian regimes are stagnant which leads to uprisings and misery.
we are a constitutional republic not a representative democracy,,

once you figure that out you wont ask anymore stupid questions,,

and the constitution is very specific and not broadly written,,
I am sorry that you responded that way. You obviously do not have any understanding of the Constitution nor what a representative democracy is.
save your gaslighting for you friends,,, I know what we are and that isnt it,,

Now they do
The question do you believe in the power of the vote or do you not. The GOP wants to eviscerate the power of the individual and put it in the hands of the State.
the power of the vote is more dangerous than the covid,,, people are stupid and easily controlled and why all democracies fail,,
Apparently, all those that fought and died for free and fair elections, or for government for the people and by the people, died in vain in your view.
thats two different things,, the fought and died for freedom and the vote as your implying it can take that away,,

I am not going to argue with you that there were times the people were wrong. However, when compared with decisions of authoritarian regimes, Representative Democracies have been spot. That is because representative democracies change with times; authoritarian regimes are stagnant which leads to uprisings and misery.

I am sorry that you responded that way. You obviously do not have any understanding of the Constitution nor what a representative democracy is.

Everything you wrong in your post is dead wrong.

Now they do

You really do need to take a course in government. Your understanding of our government and constitution is very weak.

Now they do

You really do need to take a course in government. Your understanding of our government and constitution is very weak.
now youre projecting,,

Now they do

LOL..Your post confirmed all that I wrote.

Did you read your own link. A constitutional republic is one where the representatives are elected by the people. I.e. a representative democracy.

This is freshman high school civics stuff.

Now they do

Did you read your own link. A constitutional republic is one where the representatives are elected by the people. I.e. a representative democracy.
except where is says the complete opposite of what you said,,,

Now they do

If you can’t acknowledge that you are wrong, it is not worth arguing any further.

Our legal system is a representative democracy that is set up under the Constitution. We are a constitutional republic that is based on representative democracy principles.

To argue we are not a representative democracy is just plain dumb.

You obviously do not know what a representative democracy is. Look it up.

Here I made a link for you.

Last edited:

Now they do

If you can’t acknowledge that you are wrong, it is not worth arguing any further.

You do not know what a representative democracy is. Look it up.

DUDE!! wikipedia???

got a reliable source like the one I provided??

Now they do

DUDE!! wikipedia???

See my post #27.

Now they do

DUDE!! wikipedia???

See my post #27.
my god youre a dumbass,,,

Now they do

DUDE!! wikipedia???

See my post #27.
I won’t derail this thread any longer. You are hopeless and you haven’t a clue about the Constitution. You have a 5th grade level understanding of our political system. I won‘t argue with children any longer.

Good bye.

Last edited:

Now they do

DUDE!! wikipedia???

See my post #27.
I won’t derail this thread any longer. You are hopeless and you haven’t a clue about the Constitution. You have a 5th grade level knowledge of our political system. I won‘t argue with children any longer.

‘Good bye.

they admit to not being a reliable source,, so if thats what youre basing your claim on you are a true dumbass,,

“G.O.P. lawmakers have also stripped secretaries of state of their power, asserted more control over state election boards, made it easier to overturn election results, and pursued several partisan audits and inspections of 2020 results.

Republican state lawmakers have introduced at least 216 bills in 41 states to give legislatures more power over elections officials, according to the States United Democracy Center, a new bipartisan organization that aims to protect democratic norms. Of those, 24 have been enacted into law across 14 states.”

It appears this is where we are heading. Republicans are pushing laws to give the party in power the authority to overturn election results. Will Democrats now follow?

We all know Conservatives have no love for democracy, so their actions to nullify elections is no great surprise.

The question is this good for the Country? Should State governments have the right to nullify election results, (local, state or federal) to benefit the party in power?
No.

Now they do

DUDE!! wikipedia???

From legaldictionary.net, the source you used in your link:

Now they do

DUDE!! wikipedia???

From legaldictionary.net, the source you used in your link:

that might apply if our founders werent so clear on what they created,,

I will note that your def. doesnt specify to follow the constitution as mine does,, that is what makes the difference,,,

“G.O.P. lawmakers have also stripped secretaries of state of their power, asserted more control over state election boards, made it easier to overturn election results, and pursued several partisan audits and inspections of 2020 results.

Republican state lawmakers have introduced at least 216 bills in 41 states to give legislatures more power over elections officials, according to the States United Democracy Center, a new bipartisan organization that aims to protect democratic norms. Of those, 24 have been enacted into law across 14 states.”

It appears this is where we are heading. Republicans are pushing laws to give the party in power the authority to overturn election results. Will Democrats now follow?

We all know Conservatives have no love for democracy, so their actions to nullify elections is no great surprise.

The question is this good for the Country? Should State governments have the right to nullify election results, (local, state or federal) to benefit the party in power?
Straight up fascism.

Forum List

Back