should republicans abolish the filibuster and pack the Supreme Courts like the dems threatened ?

Unless they win a fillibuster majority, it can't happen. Just remember, every door you open for the GOP, the Dems will send their screaming hordes through when they regain power.

Better to codify that there can be only so many SCOTUS Justices.
Nah,

You can get rid of the filibuster rule with a simple majority which the DEMs currently have and the GOP may have after Election Day.

Your party wanted to do it, so why would it be wrong if they did?
I'm not a democrat.

It would be wrong for the democrats to do it for multiple reasons.

First; we have 9 justices. That is enough mental firepower.
Second; the filibuster allows the minority to stop reckless and idiotic bills from passing. There are GOP representatives who believe there are trackers in the vaccine and Jewish space lasers took down the twin towers. You want these folks writing laws unchecked?

Now...I think we need to change the filibuster bill to be a true filibuster. And no, I don't mean someone has to get up there and keep speaking for hours and hours until everyone else or he himself (women are too smart to do this) gives collapses. No--I mean all Senate business stops. Nothing gets sent to the President. No speeches on the floor, nothing.... until the filibuster is resolved the body cannot adjourn--you can't go home--and nothing gets passed. You would see a lot more judicious use of the tactic.

Forum List

Back