Should Obama Visit Tehran?

Do you have evidence Iran is building nuclear weapons?
Besides the fact that they're enriching uranium beyond what they need for their stated purposes, are hiding their enrichment facilities, not allowing inspectors in to verify they are not building them, building new missiles that are designed to carry nukes, and vowing to wipe Israel off the map, then no I don't have proof (not that it would matter to you).
Do you have any links to prove your fantasies(or can you still tell the difference)?

"Over the weekend, Iran and six world powers, including the United States, reached an interim deal under which Iran agreed to limit its nuclear program in exchange for an easing of economic sanctions.

"As part of the six-month deal, Iran is required to dilute its stockpile of uranium enriched to 20%, halt all enrichment above 5% and dismantle the technical equipment required to do that enrichment.

"It also agreed to freeze essential work on the heavy-water reactor under construction at Arak, southwest of Tehran.

"But Amano noted that the invitation applies only to the heavy-water production plant, not the heavy-water reactor.

"Though the IAEA does not have inspectors stationed permanently in Iran, it has at minimum a team of two inspectors at any given time, and usually has two teams of two inspectors, he said."

How does that compare to the IAEA's presence at Dimona?

IAEA: Iran invites inspectors to visit Arak nuclear site - CNN.com
Iran increasing enrichment capacity, U.N. says - CBS News

Iran unveils 'biggest missile-equipped drone' - Middle East - Al Jazeera English

And you just verified the uranium enrichment to 20% that you challenged me to prove. Thanks.

So what would a "real man" do in Obama's place, impose new sanctions on Iran thereby killing any chance of a deal on Iranian nuclear power?

No you should have left the ones that were hurting the regime in place now if Iran does not follow through on this short term deal what do you think the odds are of getting the world to along with reimposing the sanctions that were lifted? The odds on that seem slim to none no one outside of Israel will take military action from what I can tell we have just weakened our strongest tool to use on Iran with no backup plan if this mini deal fails.
It isn't clear to me how a military action by anyone in this case enhances the stability of the region. Sanctions typically don't have much affect on elites, especially those in government or the richest 1% of the population that all governments cater to. Sanctions do create great hardships for the majority of the population, and an entire generation has grown up in the Middle East viewing Israel and the US as their greatest threats. I would think we need policies to reverse the hatred before more of it blows back on the homeland.

If military action pushes back or stops Iran's nuke program that enhances stability on the subject of stability in the region what happens if this deal does nothing and Iran gets nukes which many feel is their goal not peaceful energy? If that happens the tension between Iran and Israel goes to a whole new level and it's almost certain the more moderate nations in the middle east get on the fast track to get nukes for themselves the middle east has always been a tinder box ready to go up in flames now we could have it ready to go up in a mushroom cloud.

The youngest, best educated country in the ME...COULD HAPPEN in a couple years...screw the mindless GOP...
An Obama visit to Tehran seems to have the same potential for authentic Change as Nixon's trip to China. Nixon and Kissinger resented the Taiwan lobby and its disproportionate effect of US foreign policy in ways that are similar to AIPAC's influence on Middle Eastern politics today. A visit from Air Force One would certainly be better than another demonstration of shock and awe.

Before Nixon went to China, the Chinese never attacked the American Embassy and held Americans hostage for 444 days. The Chinese never called America The Great Satan. The Chinese never vowed Death to America. The Chinese are reasonable people, Iranians are Muslims. Nixon was an accomplished diplomat, Obama is an affirmative action hack.

Obama should go to Iran only AFTER Iran apologizes for the 1979 atrocities. And stop doing what they are doing to women, Christians and gays.

Wise words.

Nixon: Flawed great president. A major historical figure.

Obama: Flawed sub-prime president. Will be an historical foot-note.

They have sent their creature Hesbollah into Lebanon and Syria. They are the most destabilizing force in the ME.
If 650,000 Jews don't inflict an ethnocracy on 1.2 million Arabs in Palestine of 1948 by force of arms, Hezbollah never exists:

"Hezbollah was conceived by Muslim clerics and funded by Iran following the Israeli invasion of Lebanon, and was primarily formed to offer resistance to the Israeli occupation.[5]

"Its leaders were followers of Ayatollah Khomeini, and its forces were trained and organized by a contingent of 1,500 Iranian Revolutionary Guards that arrived from Iran with permission from the Syrian government.[26]

"Hezbollah's 1985 manifesto listed its objectives as the expulsion of 'the Americans, the French and their allies definitely from Lebanon, putting an end to any colonialist entity on our land', submission of the Phalangists to 'just power' and bringing them to justice 'for the crimes they have perpetrated against Muslims and Christians', and permitting 'all the sons of our people' to choose the form of government they want, while calling on them to 'pick the option of Islamic government'".

Hezbollah - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Just can't help the anti semite shit, can you? HOW did the JEWS enter into this? Can't STAND dem JEWS can you?

ASSHOLE.
'Jew think?
Tell me how to explain the existence of Hezbollah without mentioning Israel?
SLAVE!

Besides the fact that they're enriching uranium beyond what they need for their stated purposes, are hiding their enrichment facilities, not allowing inspectors in to verify they are not building them, building new missiles that are designed to carry nukes, and vowing to wipe Israel off the map, then no I don't have proof (not that it would matter to you).
Do you have any links to prove your fantasies(or can you still tell the difference)?

"Over the weekend, Iran and six world powers, including the United States, reached an interim deal under which Iran agreed to limit its nuclear program in exchange for an easing of economic sanctions.

"As part of the six-month deal, Iran is required to dilute its stockpile of uranium enriched to 20%, halt all enrichment above 5% and dismantle the technical equipment required to do that enrichment.

"It also agreed to freeze essential work on the heavy-water reactor under construction at Arak, southwest of Tehran.

"But Amano noted that the invitation applies only to the heavy-water production plant, not the heavy-water reactor.

"Though the IAEA does not have inspectors stationed permanently in Iran, it has at minimum a team of two inspectors at any given time, and usually has two teams of two inspectors, he said."

Iran unveils 'biggest missile-equipped drone' - Middle East - Al Jazeera English

And you just verified the uranium enrichment to 20% that you challenged me to prove. Thanks.
Your (August 2013) link:

"The U.N.'s atomic energy agency says Iran has prepared more than 1,000 advanced uranium enriching machines to be started up. The move raises concerns among countries that think Tehran wants to make nuclear arms.

"A report released Wednesday from the International Atomic Energy Agency says Iran has put 1,008 of the advanced centrifuges under vacuum. Such a move is normally one of the last steps before the machines start spinning uranium gas into the material that can be used either as reactor fuel or as the core of nuclear warheads, depending on its enrichment level."

As part of the most recent deal, Iran has agreed to dilute its stockpile of 20% enriched uranium and halt all enrichment above 5%.

I'm not sure why you object to Iranian drones since their airspace is repeatedly violated by US versions. Are you under the impression Iran has no right to self-defense?

No you should have left the ones that were hurting the regime in place now if Iran does not follow through on this short term deal what do you think the odds are of getting the world to along with reimposing the sanctions that were lifted? The odds on that seem slim to none no one outside of Israel will take military action from what I can tell we have just weakened our strongest tool to use on Iran with no backup plan if this mini deal fails.
It isn't clear to me how a military action by anyone in this case enhances the stability of the region. Sanctions typically don't have much affect on elites, especially those in government or the richest 1% of the population that all governments cater to. Sanctions do create great hardships for the majority of the population, and an entire generation has grown up in the Middle East viewing Israel and the US as their greatest threats. I would think we need policies to reverse the hatred before more of it blows back on the homeland.

If military action pushes back or stops Iran's nuke program that enhances stability on the subject of stability in the region what happens if this deal does nothing and Iran gets nukes which many feel is their goal not peaceful energy? If that happens the tension between Iran and Israel goes to a whole new level and it's almost certain the more moderate nations in the middle east get on the fast track to get nukes for themselves the middle east has always been a tinder box ready to go up in flames now we could have it ready to go up in a mushroom cloud.
The terms of this latest round of negotiations appear to make it impossible for Iran to construct a nuclear weapon without detection. According to some recent ME polling a majority living there believe they would be safer if Iran had a bomb to call Israel's bluff. Pakistan and Israel have already let the nuclear genie out of the bottle in that part of the world, and it seems to me Saudi Arabia would be the most likely candidate to join the club next. Any military action that pushes back or stops Iran's nuclear program could well result in closing the Straights of Hormuz which in turn would destabilize gas prices world wide. It seems to me any military option in Iran would only make the world worse off except for those who get rich from oil and arms sales.

Of course obama should go to Tehran. The question is, should he be allowed to come back? There are many reasons why they should keep him.

Your (August 2013) link:

"The U.N.'s atomic energy agency says Iran has prepared more than 1,000 advanced uranium enriching machines to be started up. The move raises concerns among countries that think Tehran wants to make nuclear arms.

"A report released Wednesday from the International Atomic Energy Agency says Iran has put 1,008 of the advanced centrifuges under vacuum. Such a move is normally one of the last steps before the machines start spinning uranium gas into the material that can be used either as reactor fuel or as the core of nuclear warheads, depending on its enrichment level."

As part of the most recent deal, Iran has agreed to dilute its stockpile of 20% enriched uranium and halt all enrichment above 5%.

I'm not sure why you object to Iranian drones since their airspace is repeatedly violated by US versions. Are you under the impression Iran has no right to self-defense?
Terrorist nations like Iran, who are under sanctions, agree to a lot of things but rarely do they keep their word (Syria comes to mind). This is nothing but a stall tactic by Obama to delay military action or more sanctions. Meanwhile, Iran is working around the clock to build their nukes. They will pretend to reduce their stockpile of 20% enriched uranium but won't do it, and Obama will stall, delay, and cover for them. He will continue to block all efforts to force them to comply until they unveil their nuclear missiles, but you already know this.

Your (August 2013) link:

Terrorist nations like Iran, who are under sanctions, agree to a lot of things but rarely do they keep their word (Syria comes to mind). This is nothing but a stall tactic by Obama to delay military action or more sanctions. Meanwhile, Iran is working around the clock to build their nukes. They will pretend to reduce their stockpile of 20% enriched uranium but won't do it, and Obama will stall, delay, and cover for them. He will continue to block all efforts to force them to comply until they unveil their nuclear missiles, but you already know this.
The clock begins ticking today as far as the recent deal between the US and Iran.

"Monday marks the start of the six-month nuclear deal between the United States and its allies and Iran.

"President Obama's administration announced Monday that Iran has begun cutting back on uranium enrichment activities; in return the United States and its partners will reduce some existing sanctions on Tehran's regime.

"Over the next months, the parties will seek to negotiate a long-term agreement.

"'The United States remains committed to using strong and disciplined diplomacy to reach a peaceful resolution that will prevent Iran from obtaining a nuclear weapon,' said White House spokesman Jay Carney."

I don't see any political advantage for Obama "covering" for an Iranian bomb.
What possible reward would he reap from such behavior?
It would seem to me anything that can be done to slow down the violence in Iran, Syria, Sudan, Somalia, and Lebanon should be given a chance.

The clock starts on Iran nuclear deal

Should Obama take a page out of Nixon's playbook and visit Iran within the next three years?

That wasn't Nixon's playbook. Nixon was an enemy of China, not a supporter. When you say "three years" that does send shivers down my spine. With the terrible things he's done so far what might he do as he realizes his days are winding down.

Last edited:
Should Obama take a page out of Nixon's playbook and visit Iran within the next three years?

That wasn't Nixon's playbook. Nixon was an enemy of China, not a supporter. When you say "three years" that does send shivers down my spine. With the terrible things he's done so far what might he do as he realizes his days are winding down.
And he's going to do as much damage as he can in the remaining time he has. The man LOATHES this Republic ever as much as his parents, his grandparents...and it shows. Far too many remain blind and think it's racism...it's nothing of the sort. People are having their very lives and livelyhoods disrupted because of this man and his party's policies...but yet the same people applaud their own demise...does stupidity run rampant now?

Forum List

Back