Should Obama Visit Tehran?

Are you making the argument that he should visit a country that hangs and murders gays in the streets? Why should he represent the united states in that capacity which in essence shows that is in agreement with Iran?
Are you saying US Presidents should avoid going to Saudi Arabia?
Obama visiting Iran doesn't imply he approves of hanging gays; it shows he's concerned with eliminating unnecessary war mongering for the benefit of defense contractors in this country and Israel.

Are you making the argument that he should visit a country that hangs and murders gays in the streets? Why should he represent the united states in that capacity which in essence shows that is in agreement with Iran?
Obama visiting Iran doesn't imply he approves of hanging gays; it shows he's concerned with eliminating unnecessary war mongering for the benefit of defense contractors in this country and Israel.

It has absolutely nothing to do with defense and eliminating wat mongering. It has to do with letting iran continue selling crude even though were about to surpass them.

He doesn't need to go there. I'm sure they already know he's on their side.
Which side should he be on if not the side of peace?

"Obama said the interim deal, negotiated with Iran by the United States, China, Russia, Britain, France and Germany, would provide space for a longer-ranging agreement to curb Iran's nuclear ambitions, which Tehran says are peaceful.

"The president said he viewed the likelihood of a satisfactory 'end state' as a 50/50 proposition, and repeated that all options remained on the table if Iran did not follow through with its obligations.

"'If we cannot get the kind of comprehensive end state that satisfies us and the world community ... then the pressure that we've been applying on them and the options that I have made clear I can avail myself of, including a military option, is one that we would consider and prepare for,' he said."

Obama defends interim Iran deal, seeks to assure Israel | Reuters
He's not on the side of peace, otherwise he would not be running interference for them while they build their nuclear weapons.
Do you have evidence Iran is building nuclear weapons?

It has absolutely nothing to do with defense and eliminating wat mongering. It has to do with letting iran continue selling crude even though were about to surpass them.
If Iranian oil comes back on the market, it will likely decrease the price you pay for gasoline. Possibly the drop in oil price will make processes like Fracking economically less viable.

If Iranian oil comes back on the market, it will likely decrease the price you pay for gasoline. Possibly the drop in oil price will make processes like Fracking economically less viable.

So now you are glad to buy ME crude even though we're about to make the ME a drop in the bucket within 5 years. Amazing how just over a few short years O and his followers were screaming about energy independence and now, on the precipice, continue to make agreements with the ME..

He doesn't need to go there. I'm sure they already know he's on their side.

If the US was seen to be on the side of Iran hatred from the Arabs would grow in proportion. Arabs and Iranian hate each other and its not just a Sunni/Shia thing.
Which Arabs would hate the US more for bringing Persians back into the community of nations, those in Saudi Arabia or those in Iraq?

The youngest, best educated country in the ME...COULD HAPPEN in a couple years...screw the mindless GOP...
An Obama visit to Tehran seems to have the same potential for authentic Change as Nixon's trip to China. Nixon and Kissinger resented the Taiwan lobby and its disproportionate effect of US foreign policy in ways that are similar to AIPAC's influence on Middle Eastern politics today. A visit from Air Force One would certainly be better than another demonstration of shock and awe.

Before Nixon went to China, the Chinese never attacked the American Embassy and held Americans hostage for 444 days. The Chinese never called America The Great Satan. The Chinese never vowed Death to America. The Chinese are reasonable people, Iranians are Muslims. Nixon was an accomplished diplomat, Obama is an affirmative action hack.

Obama should go to Iran only AFTER Iran apologizes for the 1979 atrocities. And stop doing what they are doing to women, Christians and gays.

So now you are glad to buy ME crude even though we're about to make the ME a drop in the bucket within 5 years. Amazing how just over a few short years O and his followers were screaming about energy independence and now, on the precipice, continue to make agreements with the ME..
What cost to the environment will energy independence bring to future generations of Americans? Fossil fuels have outlived their usefulness in the US, IMHO, and we should be looking for alternatives to oil and gas instead of new ways to harvest them.

And here we see the troll thread Jew-hater coming out. Yes, it's all about Israel. George would be happy for Iran to nuke Tel Aviv.

The youngest, best educated country in the ME...COULD HAPPEN in a couple years...screw the mindless GOP...
An Obama visit to Tehran seems to have the same potential for authentic Change as Nixon's trip to China. Nixon and Kissinger resented the Taiwan lobby and its disproportionate effect of US foreign policy in ways that are similar to AIPAC's influence on Middle Eastern politics today. A visit from Air Force One would certainly be better than another demonstration of shock and awe.

Before Nixon went to China, the Chinese never attacked the American Embassy and held Americans hostage for 444 days. The Chinese never called America The Great Satan. The Chinese never vowed Death to America. The Chinese are reasonable people, Iranians are Muslims. Nixon was an accomplished diplomat, Obama is an affirmative action hack.

Obama should go to Iran only AFTER Iran apologizes for the 1979 atrocities. And stop doing what they are doing to women, Christians and gays.
"Mohammad Mosaddegh or Mosaddeq[a] (Persian: مُحَمَد مُصَدِق*; IPA: [mohæmˈmæd(-e) mosædˈdeɣ] ( listen); 16 June 1882 – 5 March 1967), was the democratically elected[1][2][3] Prime Minister of Iran from 1951 until 1953, when his government was overthrown in a coup d'état orchestrated by the British MI6 and the American CIA."

Neither the Iranians nor the Chinese ever overthrew a US President and imposed a vicious dictator in his place.

We have far more to apologize for than the Persians do.

Mohammad Mosaddegh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He needs to take military action off the table. No more stupid wars of choice.

If he took military threats off the table, Iran would no longer feel the need to obtain a nuclear weapon.

We invaded their neighbors, parked our navy right next to them, sanctioned their economy in recession, conservatives consistently call for bombing Iran....

...but we're to believe that Iran is the problem and the aggressor? Waht?

What cost to the environment will energy independence bring to future generations of Americans? Fossil fuels have outlived their usefulness in the US, IMHO, and we should be looking for alternatives to oil and gas instead of new ways to harvest them.

Solar and wind are supplemental at best. They aren't concentrated energy. Im not even sure how to address a statement that says ff have outlived their usefulness here when we are finding proven reserves that have now surpassed the oil fields in the ME.

If he took military threats off the table, Iran would no longer feel the need to obtain a nuclear weapon.

We invaded their neighbors, parked our navy right next to them, sanctioned their economy in recession, conservatives consistently call for bombing Iran....

Because Iran has no history of starting wars or promoting terrorism, right, Sparky?

If Obama had any sense, which of course he hasn't, he should immediately cease all communications and increase sanctions .... let alone visit Iran!

He is such a fool that he doesn't want to realize Iran is only taking advantage of his smug weakness!

However, THIS choice is one that should have happened LONG ago...Remember Carter's regime? Welcome to Carter II on steroids.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back