Should Muslim Cake Makers Be Required to Depict the Prophet Muhammed on a Cake?

I ask this not only for a cake making company which is expressly muslim, but also for any private cakemaker not publicly affiliated with a Muslim company but who on religious principle must refuse to depict the Prophet Muhammed in any way shape or form.

If I, for any reason, demanded for my wedding or some other event that a muslim cake maker make me a cake with the prophet Muhammed's personage depicted on it, can I sue that person for not making that cake for me?

Discuss.

You could ‘sue’ but you’d not get very far.

Given the fact that a Muslim baker doesn’t depict the Prophet Muhammad on cakes as a rule, and that you don’t belong to a particular class of persons, no civil rights or public accommodations laws have been violated, and consequently no lawsuit would be valid.

Even if you belonged to a particular class of persons, no violations would have taken place, as you’re requesting a good or service the baker does not provide in the first place.

Actually if the baker in question puts designs on cakes for customers they would have a case. The Christian bakers did not do cakes for gays but had to.

The didactic point of this thread is to force those on the far left who belong to the religion of sexual rebellion to consider whether or not a muslim should be required to put Muhammed's personage on a cake for a wedding, or whatever.

Of course the answer is no. It's a solid resounding "NO!" And since that's the case, that's the case. Get it?

But someone might sue them for that....everyone can sue for any reason. Probably wouldn't win tho.

I ask this not only for a cake making company which is expressly muslim, but also for any private cakemaker not publicly affiliated with a Muslim company but who on religious principle must refuse to depict the Prophet Muhammed in any way shape or form.

If I, for any reason, demanded for my wedding or some other event that a muslim cake maker make me a cake with the prophet Muhammed's personage depicted on it, can I sue that person for not making that cake for me?

Discuss.

Since no one knows what Mohammed (peace be upon him) actually looked like it is impossible for him to be portrayed, on a cake or anywhere else.

I suppose a generalised picture of an Arab raping a 9 yea old girl could be made bu that would hardly seem appropriate for a wedding cake. (Unless of course you are an old Muslim about to wed a 9 year old).

Dear Peterf: Are you sure that Mohammad really consummated that relationship?
I was told that the young daughter was offered as a ceremonial gift to Mohammad,
as a symbolic gesture. It was a cultural honor, but I am not sure if the sex was part of it.

Are you sure?

I don't agree with this practice, especially not today with child brides abused or dying from consummating such relationships.

Back then, I'm not sure what was done.

I think this practice should be counted as outdated as the Indian ritual of burning widows on funeral pyres, which is a crime like any other form of murder; but when it is committed, gets blamed on Hindu or Indian culture the same way forced marriage is blamed on Islam.

It is more the abuse of religion or cultural tradition of patriarchal control,
and not the religion per se. There are still Christians who abuse their wives
claiming male dominance, which is still "religious abuse" regardless of denomination.

"I was told" - I assume by Muslims seeking to absolve their prophet from accusations of paedophilia. This is a recent addition. Earlier sources make it clear that he married the poor 9 year old.

[
Seriously, I don't see any Muslims or Black churches getting harassed over anti-gay policies.

Only WHITE businesses and church leaders.

When the Black pastors stood up against Obama denouncing his change in supporting gay marriage, nobody responded.

So if you don't want to be harassed for anti-gay views, either be Black or Muslim or something other than White and you will be tolerated as a minority view.

This is precisely the reason I ask the looney left if they believe a muslim should be forced to make a "gay wedding" cake. It is a didactic [look that up] device to pit one side of their kneejerk brain against the other and force logic to squeeze out of that pressure to just one unavoidable conclusion.

That conclusion has to be, "forcing a person to risk eternal damnation [or immediate corporal punishment in the muslim case] by committing the mortal sin of abetting homosexuality, a sin for which an entire city and culture were wiped off the map by God, is expressly against that person's first amendment rights as to freedom of religious beliefs".

There aren't other stories of such gravity addressing the changing customs of age of consent of young girls or women into marriage. Only the gravity of two of the same gender trying to copulate is the one that got the cities wiped off the map. Apparently, when it comes to natural reproduction and appropriate ages, usually menstruation which fluctuates from young lady to young lady, is FAR LESS of a sin than gay sex. For whatever reason, gay sex gets you a fast track straight to the Pit of Fire, in muslim and christian religions, and more venial sins a slap on the wrist. Because it is a mortal sin, it isn't open to temporal fluctuations. It is concrete. As such it must be obeyed.

As a matter of fact, requiring a muslim to make a "gay wedding" cake as a matter of federal American law means that this issue not only has moral gravity but national security gravity as well. Imagine what jihadists will do upon the US announcing to the world that relgion is no longer an excuse to abide by religion? WOW. Better increase the military budget.

Last edited:

Discuss.

Could they refuse a cake that depicted "Piss Christ"?

Shop for another cake baker.

Dear Sunni:
Do you believe the Constitutional laws were "Sent by God" through the "Founding Fathers"?
No ... :cool:

You are already on record for supporting changing the Constitution to allow sharia law and Islam as the State religion. As well as changing the flag.
So do you believe the Constitution was sent by God??

Also the U.S. flag has already changed several times in our nation's history.

And the Constitution has a mechanism for modification.....they are called 'Amendments'. .. :cool:

Yes. In fact, I think they should be required to decorate their cakes using the depiction of Muhammad having sex with a goat - with Muhammad on the receiving end, of course.:lol:

But do you think they or devout christians should be forced to commit the mortal sin of supporting homosexual culture by building a "gay wedding" cake?

If I were forced to make a gay wedding cake it would have a serious multi flavored frosting.

Discuss.

Since their religion expressly forbids creating any image of the Prophet Muhammed, yes, they would be able to refuse to do it.

That is different from the Christian baker refusing to bake a cake for the gay couple. Christians are not expressly forbidden from making cakes depicting two men or whatever (unless there was some request for depicting a sexual act)

Yes. In fact, I think they should be required to decorate their cakes using the depiction of Muhammad having sex with a goat - with Muhammad on the receiving end, of course.:lol:

But do you think they or devout christians should be forced to commit the mortal sin of supporting homosexual culture by building a "gay wedding" cake?

Baking a cake as a business transaction is a mortal sin? Damn, what did they want shown on that cake?

And let's be real, they would not be supporting homosexual culture. They would be baking a cake and selling it.

Actually, this whole issue is moot.

I have never seen a muslim cake shop.

Because muslim marriages generally don't have a wedding cake.........that's a western tradition.

But do carry on........... :cool:

Since their religion expressly forbids creating any image of the Prophet Muhammed, yes, they would be able to refuse to do it.

That is different from the Christian baker refusing to bake a cake for the gay couple. Christians are not expressly forbidden from making cakes depicting two men or whatever (unless there was some request for depicting a sexual act)

Christians are forbidden by promise of eternal fire an annihilation no less for even being part of supporting a homosexual culture or lifestyle. I understand your incomplete knowledge on this because the topic of what happened to the city of Sodom and all its inhabitants is an uncomfortable one at the Sunday sermon. So many preachers don't visit it and prefer to stay politically correct. However, the Bible is not a politically correct mandate, nor is the lesson of the city of Sodom when it comes to God's zero-tolerance plan for a culture that supports homosexuality and allows it to flourish as "normal":

Jude 1:

3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

5 I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not.

6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

8 Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities...

..12 These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;

13 Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.

14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,

15 To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.

16 These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts; and their mouth speaketh great swelling words, having men's persons in admiration because of advantage.

17 But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ;

18 How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.

19 These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.

20 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,

21 Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.

22 And of some have compassion, making a difference:

23 And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,
Jude 1 KJV - Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and - Bible Gateway

The "common salvation" for which a christian is implored to "earnestly contend" with regards to the sodomites and their lifestyle is key here. In order to appear "faultless" before their creator, they can't have had a hand in propping up the sodomite lifestyle.

Pretty clear language, even if you haven't heard it routinely at Sunday sermon. It is no less a binding law and mandate of the Christian faith. An entire city was wiped out. That's saying something.

Last edited:

Discuss.

Personally, my answer is no. The idiots that think laws trump common sense are, if they are consistent, going to have to answer yes.

This scenario would never materialize. Muslims wouldn't order such a cake, nor would anyone else except to harass or test the cake maker.

The same way people harass Christian owned businesses by demanding they make cakes that offend them?

Discuss.

Depicting the prophet Mohammed isn't forbidden by Islam. It's one of those things that's made it's way into consciousness as being forbidden, but it's not. A lot of classical period art with Mohammed in it.

As a matter of US law, I'm not sure where courts are coming down on this sort of issue.

Good page here though about the issue of depicting Mohammed,
Distorting a distortion: Depicting Muhammad in Art | Flopping Aces

You really should pull your head out of your ass. Not only does your belief that past depictions of Muhammad prove that modern Islam does not prohibit images of Mohammad not stand up to the reality test, they would hang you just for being you.

Forum List

Back