Should married couples without children receive benefits?

Should couples without children receive marriage benefits?

• Total voters

The2ndAmendment

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2013
In a dependant and enslaved country.
If a couple has never had children, or adopted children, should they receive marriage benefits?

If they have no children, then why didn't they get benefits before they were married or even earlier when they were both single? Why does should simply stamping the label "married" grant benefits without children?

Gays and infertiles can adopt.

No one should get any tax difference, negative or positive for being married. We should all be equal in treatment from our government, this should be a duh.

If a couple has never had children, or adopted children, should they receive marriage benefits?

If they have no children, then why didn't they get benefits before they were married or even earlier when they were both single? Why does should simply stamping the label "married" grant benefits without children?

And mentally/physically handicapped and vets can go beg on the street.

I'm not religious but lets be real... Your fear is that the church steps in like they have done forever and take care of these people better than Government. However I can't help but notice how religious you come across in your blind support for Government.

I'm not religious but lets be real... Your fear is that the church steps in like they have done forever and take care of these people better than Government. However I can't help but notice how religious you come across in your blind support for Government.

What are you talking about?

You made a couple of enormous leaps with this.

'Church has always taken better care than govt' = nonsense.

The OP's rant is very unclear so I could be wrong that he's saying married couples should not get a different income tax exemption than singles.

IF that is what he's referring to, its hardly an example of 'govt taking care' of anyone.

Lastly, I consistently write what I disagree with about our govt. You have an agenda that makes it hard for you to remember that.

The OP's rant is very unclear so I could be wrong that he's saying married couples should not get a different income tax exemption than singles.

IF that is what he's referring to, its hardly an example of 'govt taking care' of anyone.

Lastly, I consistently write what I disagree with about our govt. You have an agenda that makes it hard for you to remember that.

"'Church has always taken better care than govt' = nonsense."

lol, dude grow the fuck up.

"'Church has always taken better care than govt' = nonsense."

lol, dude grow the fuck up.

Typical insult rather than discussion.

My mistake.

Should married couples, with or without children, get benefits from government?

Why should that be a government function?

Shouldn't government stay out of it, and concentrate on protecting people's rights instead?

There are many benefits, governmental and otherwise, to getting married. The greatest one is it helps you to grow the fuck up, very slowly, over the next five or six decades. And who gets the big benefit of marriage? Men, by far.

Serious difference between the two groups.

Most infertile hetro couples are reproductively disabled.

Many infertile hetro couples are to avoid serious health risks.

Neither of the above apply to gays within the units coupling.

What are "marriage benefits"?

I am curious myself- as a married husband and a father- what are my 'marriage benefits'?

I get a tax credit for my dependents- but that has nothing to do with my marriage.

Serious difference between the two groups.

Most infertile hetro couples are reproductively disabled.

Many infertile hetro couples are to avoid serious health risks.

Neither of the above apply to gays within the units coupling.

yet all are equally infertile.

I am curious myself- as a married husband and a father- what are my 'marriage benefits'?

I get a tax credit for my dependents- but that has nothing to do with my marriage.

Then whats' with the rage about of gays wanting marriage rights and benefits?
They like to pretend.
The state gives special treatment to relationships that are likely to produce future citizens. The fact that some of those relationships dont is irrelevant.
This point goes over the head of the gay rights crowd every time. They just.dont.get.it.

There are an estimated 1,400 benefits (federal, state and local) for being married. Some are financial, as in tax breaks ect. Some are different, like visitation rights, the ability to make medical decisions for your partner if they are unable, and making sure your partner's last wishes are fulfilled.

Forum List

Back