Should HIV-positive people still face felonies for not telling partners?

Should HIV-positive people still face felonies for not telling partners or others?

• YES

Votes: 15 100.0%
  • NO

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't Know

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
did you miss the part where i agree with you ..that yes it should be illegal to have unprotected sex with someone and not tell them you have aids.....or do you just see what you want in others posts?

no aids is not spread only thru anal sex....sexually however that is the most risky sexaul act for getting aids.....blood and organ donations are screened...it still happens but is rarer ....as for needle users...only needle exchange programs will lessen that....plus most hard core needle users have hep and other diseases....their immune systems crash much faster.....

Alright, then you better hope no one you know contract the disease and then whine because the individual deliberately infected the person you know!

I will not change my opinion l!

the advocate articles goes into the money burdens....and other issues...the cost of aids pharmas are like the cost of any other pharmas

Oh my God!

Why should someone that knowing spread a disease that kills be let off with a slap on the wrist!?!

The reality is people die from the disease still!

There is no reason why someone should not inform their partner and to excuse their crime because Johnson has not died from AIDS is not good enough!

If you have HIV\AIDS and knowingly infect someone then you deserve Prison for life with no possibility of parole!
With liberals, someone who is a known child rapist, is allowed to go back into society and possibly get a job at a public school. Why should liberals wake the fuck up and stop queers from fudge packing other queers? That might take work.

You guys know how I feel about govt overreach. That being said, I do think it should be. Obviously, only when they are aware.

did you miss the part where i agree with you ..that yes it should be illegal to have unprotected sex with someone and not tell them you have aids.....or do you just see what you want in others posts?

Show me where you wrote that because I have read everything you wrote since I came in here!
no aids is not spread only thru anal sex....sexually however that is the most risky sexaul act for getting aids.....blood and organ donations are screened...it still happens but is rarer ....as for needle users...only needle exchange programs will lessen that....plus most hard core needle users have hep and other diseases....their immune systems crash much faster.....

Not there...
the advocate articles goes into the money burdens....and other issues...the cost of aids pharmas are like the cost of any other pharmas

Not there!

Not there!
please be aware....anal sex is the main conductor of hiv...due to the small rips and tears that occur allowing hiv into the blood stream...

avoid anal sex....use condoms...do not use novelty condoms or animal skin condoms......the former break...the latter allow the virus entry into the blood stream...animal skin are too porous...

and get tested.....catch it early....

Not there!

hiv is no longer a death penalty...ie magic johnson....

yes it should be illegal not to tell someone you have hiv if you are planning on unprotected sex.....now there is the gray area.....protected sex does it matter? hiv is harder to catch than most people realize

Right there!

So you did not tell me and it was way up there responding to the OP'er and not me.

The reality is some idiots have spread the disease willingly and here in Texas there was Jamie the gay prostitute that spread the disease willingly and knowingly because he wanted to kill as many as he could with the disease.

So let be factual there are many that would not do this but you have those like Jamie that would and that is why the law need to be strict!

HIV\AIDS is something you can die from if you do not have the resources to keep up with the medication.

Alright, then you better hope no one you know contract the disease and then whine because the individual deliberately infected the person you know!

many of my friends have died of aids...when it first hit and no one understood what was going on...people were dying fast...

again i agree with your opinion and yet you wont admit that....seems you need to have an imaginary foe here

You absolutely should face felony chargers. HIV can literally kill you. Once infected, that person has to take costly medication for the rest of their life or they die.

If you know you're HIV positive and you sleep with a person without telling them and protection, you're a low human being and should be locked up.

If you want to know if a person has AIDS before you fuck them them insist on a test and wait for the results

No test no nookie

Take responsibility for your own health

many of my friends have died of aids...when it first hit and no one understood what was going on...people were dying fast...

again i agree with your opinion and yet you wont admit that....seems you need to have an imaginary foe here

Read my other response bones.

I admitted you wrote it to the OP'er and I did not see it.

As I wrote for all those that have the disease a good majority would be honest while you still have the Jamie ones that would spread the disease willingly and that is why I am so harsh.

Most that contract the disease today do so because of ignorance and stupidity.

If you think you are my foe, will then hate to tell you the truth is you are one of the few that I have never iggy.

Ahhh, never let be known I iggy posters like Harley... :)

hiv is no longer a death penalty...ie magic johnson....

yes it should be illegal not to tell someone you have hiv if you are planning on unprotected sex.....now there is the gray area.....protected sex does it matter? hiv is harder to catch than most people realize

Don't base your view on reality a multi-millionaire who doesn't have to work and whom you don't know what medical issues he is dealing with anyways.

What say you...

CAPITOL ALERT

MARCH 12, 2017 12:01 AM

Democratic state Sen. Scott Wiener has proposed Senate Bill 239 to repeal the laws, saying they do not reflect current HIV medical practices, and have not helped stop the spread of HIV and AIDS.

“We’re very serious about this reform, and moving away from this criminalization model around HIV and going to a more public health approach,” Wiener said. “Fundamentally, HIV is a public health problem, not a criminal justice problem, and it needs to be treated this way.”

California law says it’s a felony for an HIV-positive person to have unprotected sex without informing their partner that they are infected. It is also a felony for HIV-positive people to donate blood, body organs or other tissue. Those convicted can spend up to seven years in prison if found guilty. Another law upgrades a misdemeanor for prostitution to a felony if the person charged has HIV or AIDS.

Knowingly transmitting other communicable diseases, including other sexually transmitted diseases such as herpes and hepatitis, are charged as misdemeanors under California state law. Wiener’s bill would put HIV and AIDS in the same category.

Read more here: Should HIV-positive people still face felonies for not telling partners?

Yes

Off to jail you go. It's the same as shooting someone in the head, it just takes longer to die

What say you...

CAPITOL ALERT

MARCH 12, 2017 12:01 AM

Democratic state Sen. Scott Wiener has proposed Senate Bill 239 to repeal the laws, saying they do not reflect current HIV medical practices, and have not helped stop the spread of HIV and AIDS.

“We’re very serious about this reform, and moving away from this criminalization model around HIV and going to a more public health approach,” Wiener said. “Fundamentally, HIV is a public health problem, not a criminal justice problem, and it needs to be treated this way.”

California law says it’s a felony for an HIV-positive person to have unprotected sex without informing their partner that they are infected. It is also a felony for HIV-positive people to donate blood, body organs or other tissue. Those convicted can spend up to seven years in prison if found guilty. Another law upgrades a misdemeanor for prostitution to a felony if the person charged has HIV or AIDS.

Knowingly transmitting other communicable diseases, including other sexually transmitted diseases such as herpes and hepatitis, are charged as misdemeanors under California state law. Wiener’s bill would put HIV and AIDS in the same category.

Read more here: Should HIV-positive people still face felonies for not telling partners?

It should be a crime to have unprotected without telling the other person if you have any known STD!

WTF is wrong with Democrats!

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Right from your article Bones!

5. Increased risks for other (serious) diseases.
It is true that a person diagnosed with HIV today can live as long as they would if they were HIV-negative, but only if they actively manage their health. People who are living with HIV are at a much higher risk for life-threatening diseases and health complications such as cancer, heart attack, stroke, and kidney failure, just to name a few. When you are 35 or 40 years old, you should not have to worry about things like heart inflammation and bone density, but that is exactly what you will need to be aware of if you want to live a long and healthy life with HIV.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Forum List

Back