Should guns be allowed in hospitals?

Cops: 88-year-old man shoots wife in chest at Nevada hospital | PIX 11

88-year-old man on suicide watch after shooting wife at Nevada hospital | Fox News

Police: Elderly Man Shoots Wife at Nev. Hospital - ABC News

Husband, 88, on suicide watch after allegedly shooting wife in hospital bed - U.S. News

An 88-year-old man shot his wife in the chest as she lay in her Nevada hospital bed Sunday, police said....

... Dresser had recently bought the gun and walked into the third-floor ward at around 11:30 a.m. Sunday, police said. His wife was alone and he allegedly shot her once in the chest.

Thankfully, he didn't go after others.

Is there any way we keep ourselves safe from these constant shootings? I don't think so. But, I do believe we should do what we can to mitigate the damages these people are doing.

Edited to add ... several links posted so the nutters here couldn't whine about the source. As always, if "you" don't like the sources posted, you're welcome to post your own.

he, probably, decided to follow into the steps of the hero of Amour in a more humane manner...

you should be proud of him - he is following the euthanasia agenda.

Most hospitals are not owned by government agencies, other than the VA. That makes them private property. The decision as to whether a gun would be allowed would be up to the owners of that hospital. As for VA hospitals, if the gun nuts want them to allow guns, I don't much care, since I am not a vet, and will never be a patient in one. However, if they are going to let doctors carry guns in VA's, then it would not make sense to not allow the patients to carry, as well. My daughter is a nurse in a hospital in the nuerotrauma ward. These are patients that are often non cooperative, often semi-comotose, combative, and many are clearly out of their minds. Luckily, she does not work in a VA hospital. If they allowed her patients to have a gun, she would quit in a New York second.

Last edited:
Give me one logical reason why they should not be allowed in hospitals?
Not a liberal reason but a logical reason.

Only one I can think of: in a 100% oxygen atmosphere, the result of a muzzle blast could be...well, let's say "spectacular". Ditto for a shot hitting a pressurized oxygen tank.

Only one I can think of: in a 100% oxygen atmosphere, the result of a muzzle blast could be...well, let's say "spectacular". Ditto for a shot hitting a pressurized oxygen tank.

I am tempted to ask - where in the hospital one can find 100% O2 atmosphere ( except barometric chamber)?

oxygen tanks are legitimate concern yet they do not happen at every corner.

Last edited:

I am tempted to ask - where in the hospital one can find 100% O2 atmosphere ( except barometric chamber)?

Some people carry them every where they go. I saw a women the other day had a tube running to her nose carrying a little bottle of oxygen

Are GUN FREE ZONES a good idea?

Why don't you ask the folks at Sandy Hook Elemenatry, the relatives of those whose planes were hijacked on 09/11.............

connecticut-school-shooting.jpg

Most hospitals are not owned by government agencies, other than the VA. That makes them private property. The decision as to whether a gun would be allowed would be up to the owners of that hospital. As for VA hospitals, if the gun nuts want them to allow guns, I don't much care, since I am not a vet, and will never be a patient in one. However, if they are going to let doctors carry guns in VA's, then it would not make sense to not allow the patients to carry, as well. My daughter is a nurse in a hospital in the nuerotrauma ward. These are patients that are often non cooperative, often semi-comotose, combative, and many are clearly out of their minds. Luckily, she does not work in a VA hospital. If they allowed her patients to have a gun, she would quit in a New York second.

I am in the VA system. The VA does not allow guns in its hospitals. Period.

I worked in a rural hospital ... the ER docs carried.

:thup:

Guns should be allowed everywhere a nutjob would perceive to be a gun free zone.

So you’d disregard the wishes of a property owner to not have firearms in his establishment. Or you’d ignore the law and carry a firearm in a courthouse, police station, or school building.

If that’s the case it’s interesting to hear conservatives talk about how gun laws are useless, as criminals don’t obey the law – in this case, however, it’s conservatives themselves who are the criminals.

I worked in a rural hospital ... the ER docs carried.

:thup:

Guns should be allowed everywhere a nutjob would perceive to be a gun free zone.

So you’d disregard the wishes of a property owner to not have firearms in his establishment. Or you’d ignore the law and carry a firearm in a courthouse, police station, or school building.

I would and do disregard the wishes of the private property owner.
I would not disregard the law.

Some people carry them every where they go. I saw a women the other day had a tube running to her nose carrying a little bottle of oxygen

well, that is rather a stretch.

the amount of people carrying their oxygen per square foot of the hospital space is approaching zero :)

Last edited:
I think "gun free" zones should be banned.

Interesting how the gun issue brings out the hypocrisy of conservatives, in this case contempt for the rights of private property owners.

Yo Clay, if an Adam Lanza type retard kills your family at a Hospital, will you be able to sue for damages?

/

I am quite sure you will as there are supposedly security posts upon entrance ( but as in the school one can enter the hospital million different other ways - if one knows the hospital. Or the school).

Are GUN FREE ZONES a good idea?

Why don't you ask the folks at Sandy Hook Elemenatry, the relatives of those whose planes were hijacked on 09/11.............
]

In my previous post I hinted why I do not believe that Adam Lanza was the sole perpetrator of such a high-achievement crime.

the boy on the photo has a clear case of severe hyperthyroidism, or Graves disease.
Which is untreated can cause psychosis.
But that does not explain the planned and executed logistics of the crime...

I personally believe yes, they definitely should be allowed. Of course I will not walk into a hospital if I see a no gun sign posted. Most hospitals that I've been to did not have rules against carrying guns, and my gun was concealed, so there were no issues. Of course had I not had a CCW permit, and my gun was in plain view, the security guard may or may not had allowed me to stay.

The reason I support allowing guns into a hospital has to do with the very real possibility that a criminal seeking medical attention would most likely have a gun. The security guards could not be everywhere at once, so allowing guns in hospitals seems reasonable.

well, that is rather a stretch.

the amount of people carrying their oxygen per square foot of the hospital space is approaching zero :)
It's more common place than you realize
Inogen-C-2.jpg

07-71-500e.jpg

Forum List

Back