Should George Floyds Family Convert To Catholocism And Get Him Canonised A Saint?

Oz and the Orchestra

Platinum Member
May 25, 2020
Lake District England
Not a silly as it may sound.
Many black people have been murdered by police but none have stayed in the public conscience, had the effect his death has, or got the outcome he has succeeded in.
Not all saints were paragons of virtue. Joan of Arc sprang to fame by killing Englishmen (bitch) yet was still made a saint by the Vatican 600 years after condemning her.

Having read all the negatives highlighted by the racist right on here, it made a change to find out George was a Professional American footballer. A talented rapper and songwriter who released albums highlighting social issues. He also often preached to the young not to make the mistakes he had and like him whatever mistakes you do make continue to follow god was his recurring message.

Yes, George Floyd had his flaws and some quite serious but then as I've pointed out we all have them, but none of us will make the impact on the world his life and death have made, and he'd make a thoroughly modern saint.

Yes, George Floyd had his flaws and some quite serious but then as I've pointed out we all have them, but none of us will make the impact on the world his life and death have made, and he'd make a thoroughly modern saint.
He didn't do anything saintly. His contribution was dying, nothing more.

Many black people have been murdered by police but none have stayed in the public conscience, had the effect his death has, or got the outcome he has succeeded in.
Not all saints were paragons of virtue. Joan of Arc sprang to fame by killing Englishmen (bitch) yet was still made a saint by the Vatican 600 years after condemning her.

Having read all the negatives highlighted by the racist right on here, it made a change to find out George was a Professional American footballer. A talented rapper and songwriter who released albums highlighting social issues. He also often preached to the young not to make the mistakes he had and like him whatever mistakes you do make continue to follow god was his recurring message.

Thanks for the laugh I needed it. :lol:

A saint is someone who becomes a child of GOD through acceptance of JESUS as both LORD and SAVIOR. A martyr is someone who sacrifices his life for his beliefs.

Well done - You should post most often

In that same vein soccer referees prove that they have divine power. Game after game you see players horribly injured and miraculously healed when the ref invokes a penalty. The world has witnessed these miracles and the time has come to call soccer what it truly is: "the court of miracles".

Joan of Arc obeyed a call from God, despite criticism on many sides. What was George Floyd's call from God and was he obedient to it?

Sure, What a Saint...:afro: :laugh:
Floyd had landed five years behind bars in 2009 for an assault and robbery two years earlier, and before that, had been convicted of charges ranging from theft with a firearm to drugs.

Joan of Arc obeyed a call from God, despite criticism on many sides. What was George Floyd's call from God and was he obedient to it?
God told Joan to go and kill Englishmen, did he?
George had personal experience of making mistakes and paying for them and preached to the young to be stronger than him and not make them in the first place.

Floyd had landed five years behind bars in 2009 for an assault and robbery two years earlier, and before that, had been convicted of charges ranging from theft with a firearm to drugs.
Is it that inconceivable that under the same pressures and discrimination in life that George found himself in you wouldn't have done the same?

In that same vein soccer referees prove that they have divine power. Game after game you see players horribly injured and miraculously healed when the ref invokes a penalty. The world has witnessed these miracles and the time has come to call soccer what it truly is: "the court of miracles".

Yes, I can see you are still waiting for a reply to your post on the "Arsenal Betray..." thread and I will go back and reply a bit later as I'm sure nobody on here will have a clue as to what we are talking about.

Is it that inconceivable that under the same pressures and discrimination in life that George found himself in you wouldn't have done the same?
He was a thug at large like so many others :afro: who are extreme violent who rape, kill womens but there no one on the side of the leftists revolt against this monstrous acts .

Yes, I can see you are still waiting for a reply to your post on the "Arsenal Betray..." thread and I will go back and reply a bit later as I'm sure nobody on here will have a clue as to what we are talking about.

Are you saying that making Floyd a saint isn't akin to recognizing the miraculous work of refs? Personally I see both options as pure idiocy.

George had personal experience of making mistakes and paying for them and preached to the young to be stronger than him and not make them in the first place.
Joan was called to protect her country (France).

Why would someone who was not Catholic wish to be a Catholic Saint? Remember, everyone in heaven is a saint. Saint (capitalized) is one who is honored for going above and beyond in serving God. They are someone we look up to.

What are you calling others to look up to by giving this honor to George Floyd?

He was a thug at large like so many others :afro: who are extreme violent who rape, kill womens but there no one on the side of the leftists revolt against this monstrous acts .
Dahlia, your stereotypes image of a black man from the 70's do little to enhance your posts as neither does your condemning a man for something you just assume all black men do. George Floyd neither raped nor murdered women any more than you did,

Are you saying that making Floyd a saint isn't akin to recognizing the miraculous work of refs? Personally I see both options as pure idiocy.

It's quite simple. soccer players feign injury to try and convince the Ref that the opponent that 'injured them' should get hopefully a red card and sent off, or at least a yellow card meaning he could get sent off, and also to win a free kick or penalty. Nothing to do with miracles or god.

Dahlia, your stereotypes image of a black man from the 70's do little to enhance your posts as neither does your condemning a man for something you just assume all black men do. George Floyd neither raped nor murdered women any more than you did,
Your Georges Floyds was not an altar boy.

Your Georges Floyds was not an altar boy.
No, but some alter boys grow up to be George Floyd's and despite his wrongdoing continually tried to make his way back to that age of innocence and preached to others of his journey.

It's quite simple. soccer players feign injury to try and convince the Ref that the opponent that 'injured them' should get hopefully a red card and sent off, or at least a yellow card meaning he could get sent off, and also to win a free kick or penalty. Nothing to do with miracles or god.

By that same token Floyd has nothing to do with miracles or god. It seems we agree. Good to know that your call for Floyd's enshrinement as an icon (sainthood) is just you being silly.

Forum List

Back