Should George Floyds Family Convert To Catholocism And Get Him Canonised A Saint?

Sure, What a Saint...:afro: :laugh:
Floyd had landed five years behind bars in 2009 for an assault and robbery two years earlier, and before that, had been convicted of charges ranging from theft with a firearm to drugs.
Is it that inconceivable that under the same pressures and discrimination in life that George found himself in you wouldn't have done the same?
He was a thug at large like so many others :afro: who are extreme violent who rape, kill womens but there no one on the side of the leftists revolt against this monstrous acts .
Dahlia, your stereotypes image of a black man from the 70's do little to enhance your posts as neither does your condemning a man for something you just assume all black men do. George Floyd neither raped nor murdered women any more than you did,
Your Georges Floyds was not an altar boy.
No, but some alter boys grow up to be George Floyd's and despite his wrongdoing continually tried to make his way back to that age of innocence and preached to others of his journey.
He was arrest by the police already there his path was not very straight.

Not a silly as it may sound.
Many black people have been murdered by police but none have stayed in the public conscience, had the effect his death has, or got the outcome he has succeeded in.
Not all saints were paragons of virtue. Joan of Arc sprang to fame by killing Englishmen (bitch) yet was still made a saint by the Vatican 600 years after condemning her.

Having read all the negatives highlighted by the racist right on here, it made a change to find out George was a Professional American footballer. A talented rapper and songwriter who released albums highlighting social issues. He also often preached to the young not to make the mistakes he had and like him whatever mistakes you do make continue to follow god was his recurring message.

Yes, George Floyd had his flaws and some quite serious but then as I've pointed out we all have them, but none of us will make the impact on the world his life and death have made, and he'd make a thoroughly modern saint.

In that same vein soccer referees prove that they have divine power. Game after game you see players horribly injured and miraculously healed when the ref invokes a penalty. The world has witnessed these miracles and the time has come to call soccer what it truly is: "the court of miracles".

Yes, I can see you are still waiting for a reply to your post on the "Arsenal Betray..." thread and I will go back and reply a bit later as I'm sure nobody on here will have a clue as to what we are talking about.

Are you saying that making Floyd a saint isn't akin to recognizing the miraculous work of refs? Personally I see both options as pure idiocy.

It's quite simple. soccer players feign injury to try and convince the Ref that the opponent that 'injured them' should get hopefully a red card and sent off, or at least a yellow card meaning he could get sent off, and also to win a free kick or penalty. Nothing to do with miracles or god.

By that same token Floyd has nothing to do with miracles or god. It seems we agree. Good to know that your call for Floyd's enshrinement as an icon (sainthood) is just you being silly.

On the contrary, I think George would give the Catholic Church a new and contemporary image.

I admit though I am an atheist having been born into the Catholic Church. O and a Marxist I suppose I should also mention that.

Sure, What a Saint...:afro: :laugh:
Floyd had landed five years behind bars in 2009 for an assault and robbery two years earlier, and before that, had been convicted of charges ranging from theft with a firearm to drugs.
Is it that inconceivable that under the same pressures and discrimination in life that George found himself in you wouldn't have done the same?
He was a thug at large like so many others :afro: who are extreme violent who rape, kill womens but there no one on the side of the leftists revolt against this monstrous acts .
Dahlia, your stereotypes image of a black man from the 70's do little to enhance your posts as neither does your condemning a man for something you just assume all black men do. George Floyd neither raped nor murdered women any more than you did,
Your Georges Floyds was not an altar boy.
No, but some alter boys grow up to be George Floyd's and despite his wrongdoing continually tried to make his way back to that age of innocence and preached to others of his journey.
He was arrest by the police already there his path was not very straight.
Neither was Christ's - even he had his doubts.

Many black people have been murdered by police but none have stayed in the public conscience, had the effect his death has, or got the outcome he has succeeded in.
Not all saints were paragons of virtue. Joan of Arc sprang to fame by killing Englishmen (bitch) yet was still made a saint by the Vatican 600 years after condemning her.

Having read all the negatives highlighted by the racist right on here, it made a change to find out George was a Professional American footballer. A talented rapper and songwriter who released albums highlighting social issues. He also often preached to the young not to make the mistakes he had and like him whatever mistakes you do make continue to follow god was his recurring message.

Yes, George Floyd had his flaws and some quite serious but then as I've pointed out we all have them, but none of us will make the impact on the world his life and death have made, and he'd make a thoroughly modern saint.
Maybe not silly, but still insulting to blacks and Catholics. How is this any different than an atheist getting on the board and mocking believers? The few who would entertain the notion aren't worth anyone's time, making this a troll thread.

In that same vein soccer referees prove that they have divine power. Game after game you see players horribly injured and miraculously healed when the ref invokes a penalty. The world has witnessed these miracles and the time has come to call soccer what it truly is: "the court of miracles".

Yes, I can see you are still waiting for a reply to your post on the "Arsenal Betray..." thread and I will go back and reply a bit later as I'm sure nobody on here will have a clue as to what we are talking about.

Are you saying that making Floyd a saint isn't akin to recognizing the miraculous work of refs? Personally I see both options as pure idiocy.

It's quite simple. soccer players feign injury to try and convince the Ref that the opponent that 'injured them' should get hopefully a red card and sent off, or at least a yellow card meaning he could get sent off, and also to win a free kick or penalty. Nothing to do with miracles or god.

By that same token Floyd has nothing to do with miracles or god. It seems we agree. Good to know that your call for Floyd's enshrinement as an icon (sainthood) is just you being silly.

On the contrary, I think George would give the Catholic Church a new and contemporary image.

I admit though I am an atheist having been born into the Catholic Church. O and a Marxist I suppose I should also mention that.

An atheist and Marxist advocating for sainthood is humorous. Something like this:

A farm worker greets Josef Stalin at his potato farm.
“Comrade Stalin, we have so many potatoes that, piled one on top of the other, they would reach all the way to God,” the farmer excitedly tells his leader.
“But God does not exist,” replies Stalin.
“Exactly,” says the farmer. “Neither do the potatoes.”

An atheist and Marxist advocating for sainthood is humorous. Something like this:
Something to think about: Was George Floyd guilty of the transgressions for which he was arrested that day? We don't know, no trial was held, and it is beside the point I am making. Did Mr. Floyd turn away (repent) from past/present transgressions? Let's say he failed at some and had not yet succeeded with others. Catholic, Apostolic tradition teaches repentance (turning away from sin) for the forgiveness of sins--and that we are given innumerable times to accomplish this. We see that Mr. Floyd was still trying when he passed away. The nation immediately forgave him, and that is a good thing.

Forgiveness. Do we see that same forgiveness being held out to Mr. Chauvin? Again, this is not saying the man should not be punished. I am saying we have two very imperfect men whose lives collided last year. If the nation has not forgiven both, why not?

A farm worker greets Josef Stalin at his potato farm.
“Comrade Stalin, we have so many potatoes that, piled one on top of the other, they would reach all the way to God,” the farmer excitedly tells his leader.
“But God does not exist,” replies Stalin.
“Exactly,” says the farmer. “Neither do the potatoes.”

Given that you are a Marxist you'll love this joke:

A Briton, a Frenchman, and a Russian are standing and staring at a portrait of Adam and Eve.
"Look at their calm, their reserve," says the Briton. "Surely they must be British!"
"Nonsense!" Replies the Frenchman. "They are beautiful. Surely they must be French!"
The Russian finally speaks, "they have no clothes, no shelter, only an apple to eat, and are being told this is paradise. They are Russian
."

Forum List

Back