Should Estate Recovery Be Tied to Welfare Programs?

• Total voters
Publius and tyrone continue to waste band width after they have been told why the OP is fail.

Tis what tis, kids.

the stupidity on this thread is amazing.
First of all the pharoah obama is forcing kids into medicaid based on a tax return
farmers as a rule try and keep income on tax returns as low as possible.
So the child is forced onto the rolls courtesy of the US government.
So now when a future farmer inherits the farm he has to pay the gov back the medicaid bill .
Sounds like a good way to starve a nation.

I guess I didn't take into account Obama forcing people to go onto Medicaid.

I just got through reading about the Medicaid Estate Recovery Program. Such a program is designed to afford the state the opportunity to recover the money they paid toward your Medicaid (after the age of 55) via seizing and selling your estate. Now different states have different rules on the matter, but on the whole, I think its a great idea and I did not know it existed until today. Shouldn't all Welfare programs be subject to estate recovery?

Obamacare Alert - Medicaid Estate Recovery Obamacare Could Put Millions At Risk - Happening Now - YouTube

If you have an estate of any value, then why are you on medicaid -- a program that serves poor families and children.

idiot leftards don't know that you can live in a million dollar home and be on medicaid? :lol:

most medicaid recipients don't live in those, but in a very modest 150K-200K dollar homes which is not that much considering often the amount of time people have been living in their homes.

Medicaid and other assistance does not take into account the existing wealth, only the last year income

It's a horrible idea. If we are going to have safety net programs, then they are safety nets. If someone has material wealth in the first placed, they shouldn't be eligible for safety net funds.

It's a horrible idea. If we are going to have safety net programs, then they are safety nets. If someone has material wealth in the first placed, they shouldn't be eligible for safety net funds.

Funny that your post should fall right below Vox's.

No such thing as a free lunch. Same goes with medical care. Somebody has to pay for it. Might as well be you if you were the one who ran up the medical bill and you have some means to pay for it.

I just got through reading about the Medicaid Estate Recovery Program. Such a program is designed to afford the state the opportunity to recover the money they paid toward your Medicaid (after the age of 55) via seizing and selling your estate. Now different states have different rules on the matter, but on the whole, I think its a great idea and I did not know it existed until today. Shouldn't all Welfare programs be subject to estate recovery?

Obamacare Alert - Medicaid Estate Recovery Obamacare Could Put Millions At Risk - Happening Now - YouTube

If you have an estate of any value, then why are you on medicaid -- a program that serves poor families and children.

idiot leftards don't know that you can live in a million dollar home and be on medicaid? :lol:

most medicaid recipients don't live in those, but in a very modest 150K-200K dollar homes which is not that much considering often the amount of time people have been living in their homes.

Medicaid and other assistance does not take into account the existing wealth, only the last year income

Medicaid certainly does not into account existing wealth: homes, cares, accounts, annuities, so forth and so on.

tyrone, you are not going to do anything.

You have enough trouble thinking while walking: your posts prove that.

I just got through reading about the Medicaid Estate Recovery Program. Such a program is designed to afford the state the opportunity to recover the money they paid toward your Medicaid (after the age of 55) via seizing and selling your estate. Now different states have different rules on the matter, but on the whole, I think its a great idea and I did not know it existed until today. Shouldn't all Welfare programs be subject to estate recovery regardless of what age you are when you receive the benefits?

You mean to tell me, I'm being taxed to pay for people's benefits, and that the government turns around an seizes their estate to recover the costs that I paid for?

I lose the will to live a little more every day under this twisted bullshit we call "government" nowadays.

I just got through reading about the Medicaid Estate Recovery Program. Such a program is designed to afford the state the opportunity to recover the money they paid toward your Medicaid (after the age of 55) via seizing and selling your estate. Now different states have different rules on the matter, but on the whole, I think its a great idea and I did not know it existed until today. Shouldn't all Welfare programs be subject to estate recovery regardless of what age you are when you receive the benefits?

You mean to tell me, I'm being taxed to pay for people's benefits, and that the government turns around an seizes their estate to recover the costs that I paid for?

I lose the will to live a little more every day under this twisted bullshit we call "government" nowadays.

Well, at least you know that they're spending your money more wisely than without estate recovery.

Medicaid certainly does not into account existing wealth: homes, cares, accounts, annuities, so forth and so on.

Perhaps we should start accounting for existing wealth?

This is actually a really good question.

Years ago I went to a talk by a lesser-known white supremacist in New York City. He was sick of all the welfare that had gone to African-Americans, whose families were denied the right to accumulate wealth for generations. His claim was that they represented substandard genetic material, and that by lifting them up we were dragging the rest of society down.

So he formed a policy group which proposed recapturing all the money that had been criminally misallocated to this substandard genetic material. He suggested a number of mechanisms whereby state could seize money and assets of the deceased before they were passed on to the innocent children of the deceased. By so doing, it would prevent the innocent children from lifting themselves out of the hole which their parents had put them in. The result being that we would crush the substandard genetic material in the crib, so to speak.

The lecture borrowed heavily from Nazi race theory and eugenics. It scared the living shit out of me, but I appreciated the speaker for his candor.

Last edited:

Years ago I went to a talk by a lesser-known white supremacist in New York City. He was sick of all the welfare that had gone to African-Americans, whose families were denied the right to accumulate wealth for generations. His claim was that they represented substandard genetic material, and that by lifting them up we were dragging the rest of society down.

So he formed a policy group which proposed recapturing all the money that had been criminally misallocated to this substandard genetic material. He suggested a number of mechanisms whereby state could seize money and assets of the deceased before they were passed on to the innocent children of the deceased. By so doing, it would prevent the innocent children from lifting themselves out of the hole which their parents had put them in. The result being that we would crush the substandard genetic material in the crib, so to speak.

The lecture borrowed heavily from Nazi race theory and eugenics. It scared the living shit out of me, but I appreciated the speaker for his candor.

Maybe that person was Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg?

I don't agree with the genetics argument, however, creating a culture of dependency must be addressed. The poor are fantastic breeders.

Do explain.

Do explain.

: Yes, the ruling about that surprised me. [Harris v. McRae — in 1980 the court upheld the Hyde Amendment, which forbids the use of Medicaid for abortions.] Frankly I had thought that at the time Roe was decided, there was concern about population growth and particularly growth in populations that we don’t want to have too many of. So that Roe was going to be then set up for Medicaid funding for abortion. Which some people felt would risk coercing women into having abortions when they didn’t really want them. But when the court decided McRae, the case came out the other way. And then I realized that my perception of it had been altogether wrong.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/12/magazine/12ginsburg-t.html?pagewanted=4

Forum List

Back