Zone1 Should a 16 year old be able to decide on life changing surgery?

Yeah.....as a 2 year old they picked up a toy from the opposite gender.......

Do you not understand how insane it is to say they identified as a female at 2?

I heard an interview with a child psychiatrist...she stated she had a case of a young boy who started to tell his parents he wanted to be a girl......she actually worked with this boy, and found out the reason for this "identifying" as a girl....the family had just had a new baby girl......and she was taking up all of the time of the parents...and in this young boys mind, he began to associate attention with being a girl....once he was worked with this "identifying," went away....

That is the kind of thing people like you would solve by chopping parts off of the child....that is why this is abuse, not help....

People like me mind my own business when it comes to other people's bodies. The world would be better off if others did as well. And unless this child psychiatrist was talking about this particular child, it does not matter what they felt about the other.

This shouldn't even be a debate. Children are considered minors for whom their parents or guardians are responsible for very good reasons. Children have neither the knowledge nor mature judgement to make such life changing decisions for themselves.

And the responsible parents are the one who is supporting this decision so you should too.

Why do liberals always post something I didn't say and argue that? Weird. I never stated it was it was a spur of the moment thing.
I'm saying that at 16 teenagers don't have the maturity level to make life altering decisions like that. I said that they should have to
wait until they are of age. That's what I said.

The parents are of age and apparently believe they will consent when the time comes in six years. Not a thing anybody can do to stop them if the child, parents, and surgeons agree. Them are just the facts.

I think these parents are ignorant at best. For one, good luck finding someone who will do those surgeries at 16, I think in most states it is illegal until they are 21 and for good reason. There are two opposing schools of thought on transgender youth. One is that it is a diagnosis made after extensive counseling and the other believes the child should be able to identify as whatever it wants simply because it wants to, which reckless at the very least.

And the responsible parents are the one who is supporting this decision so you should too.

"Responsible" parents who enable child abuse and molestation are monsters.

"Responsible" parents who enable child abuse and molestation are monsters.

You are the one who said the parents are the ones responsible and they are the ones who said this, so do you think parents should have to control over their children's medical decisions or not? You can't have it both ways.

Yes....one of the victims of your "health care..."

n the Season 7 trailer for her TLC reality series, “I Am Jazz,” the 21-year-old transgender activist revealed that her eating habits changed amid mental health struggles, resulting in her weight of 234 pounds.
-----

“I was actually struggling severely with mental health issues. I started binge-eating and I gained weight and more weight and more weight. And now, almost 100 pounds heavier, here I am today.”

Anecdotes are not data.

Yeah...hard no. The reason transgender people have higher suicide risks is they have mental issues....that need to be dealt with by professionals who want to help them.....not people who are pushing a bizarre agenda...

Illnesses are treated with drugs and surgery, be it physical or mental. If a transgender claims they don't have an illness, then why the drugs and surgery!

If a 16-year-old is so far gone that they won't listen to their parent regarding something as life-altering as genital mutilation, then they really won't get any better in the intervening two years to legal adulthood.

They will certainly end up in the mental health system eventually, might as well make it sooner.

I really don't care what people do to their bodies. Doesn't matter to me if they have their pecker turned outside in, get a face tattoo, or put gauges in their ears larger than curtains have. In this case, as long as the parents co-sign it, more power to them.
If parents co-sign to something like this, arrest them for child abuse.

Forum List

Back