Shoplifting is legal in wacko lib california

I remember when I was a kid a popular phrase in comic book ads, and even short psa's on kids cartoons was "crime doesn't pay". Of course back then we treated criminals like criminals.

Even libs should see the error of their ways as california sinks into the abyss

Unless it effects them on a individual and personal level they don't care. Hating conservatives in everything they stand for, even if it's for the good of America, is all that matters to them.

It's called deflecting from a real issue, that real people are getting sick and tired of, using some political claptrap gotcha bait.

You have it backwards. The YouTube videos are deflecting from the real issue of wage inequity in California. Working class and even middle class workers are having difficulty affording, housing, clothing, and food and they’re working full-time.

The shoplifting, homelessness and crime are all symptoms of poverty and inequity in the wealthiest state in the union.

You have it backwards. The YouTube videos are deflecting from the real issue of wage inequity in California. Working class and even middle class workers are having difficulty affording, housing, clothing, and food and they’re working full-time.

The shoplifting, homelessness and crime are all symptoms of poverty and inequity in the wealthiest state in the union.

I agree. California is despicable. They HATE poor people, black people, hispanics, and the mentally ill.

California needs to pay reparations to ALL poor, black, hispanic, and mentally ill people in the state. I think $5 million each is fair, don't you?

First off, even in the OP's link, the person being interviewed clearly states that shoplifting IS a crime, and that it IS NOT LEGAL. So, the OP's title is false.

Second, Proposition 47 classes shoplifting that is less than 950.00 in value as a misdemeanor, and it is still prosecutable by a court, as well as can result in in a fine of up to 1,000 and 6 months in jail. It used to be classified as burglary and was a felony.

Because the jails in CA are overcrowded, that is why they decided to pass prop 47 and make shoplifting of a value of less than 950.00 into a misdemeanor, instead of the felony that it was originally classified as that carried up to 6 years in jail.

No. Shoplifting is not legal in CA, and yes, you can still face punishment of up to 1,000 in fines and 6 months in jail.

Forum List

Back