Shootings in Britain

It DOES work there. All you have to do is look at the numbers of gun deaths per country per year. I've argued with you enough over the years; I don't need your long fact sheets of gun nutter dribble. So don't bother.

All he need post is the second amendment of the United States Constitution.

Nowhere therein does it mandate you consider protecting yourself.

Carry on.

You make it sound like there is a huge immigrant inspired gun crime wave sweeping across Europe (which, btw, is not one country but many, each with their own set of gun laws).

US has by far the largest per capita rate among western countries: 4.43 to U.K. 0.06. And you think they should be more like us? Or perhaps we should be more like them?

I'll help you pack.....

Which changes nothing of what he said.

Gun control hasn't stopped the rise of gun crime in the UK.

And the UK had lower gun crime, before they enacted all their gun control laws.

The reason we lead the world in gun deaths, is because you attack police officers, who then allow more crime.

Crime rates rise and fall due to a variety of socio-economic and political factors. Gun control doesn’t change that. What it does affect is deaths by gun-related violence and no matter what metric you use, the gap between the US rates and U.K. rates is huge.

BRAVO! Thanks for that. saved me a long essay on the subject :clap:
"Captain Kirk" wannabe here tries to fearmonger to pursue a pro-gun agenda; facts are irrelevant to him, he just has a series of cut and pastes that he regurgitates time after time after time. It's very tedious.

I find that despite covering the subject, by the next day, the same American says, "The Brits banned guns". I wish I got a quid every time that happens, then I would just be a quid behind Jeff Bezos.

It DOES work there. All you have to do is look at the numbers of gun deaths per country per year. I've argued with you enough over the years; I don't need your long fact sheets of gun nutter dribble. So don't bother.

again.....you don't get it...you think the old way of life in Britain is going to stay that way....immigrant gangs don't care about British culture, value, or laws.....and they aren't afraid of unarmed Bobbies.......

You make it sound like there is a huge immigrant inspired gun crime wave sweeping across Europe (which, btw, is not one country but many, each with their own set of gun laws).

US has by far the largest per capita rate among western countries: 4.43 to U.K. 0.06. And you think they should be more like us? Or perhaps we should be more like them?

Europe was set back by that little thing called World War 2....where vast numbers of their young men, their entire industrial base, and their societies were bombed into dust.........

They are catching up now, as their culture has created fatherless homes.......and their sons are joining criminal gangs to replace absent fathers........

Crime rates rise and fall due to a variety of socio-economic and political factors. Gun control doesn’t change that. What it does affect is deaths by gun-related violence and no matter what metric you use, the gap between the US rates and U.K. rates is huge.

And yet you can't explain the United States and the fact that as more Americans own and carry guns our gun crime rate went down 75%.....our gun murder rate went down 49%.....since 1993........ a 27 year period.....

You....can't....explain.....that.

the gap between the U.S. and the U.K. has nothing to do with gun ownership.....it had to do with the War destroying Britain, and their recent desire to import immigrants in vast numbers from war torn countries.......

Over the last 27 years, we went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 18.6 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2018...guess what happened...

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.
====

You can't explain Maine or Brazil...

Maine tops ‘safest states’ rankings four years after removing major gun restriction

When Maine passed a “Constitutional Carry” law allowing Maine residents to carry a concealed firearm without any special permit in 2015, opponents of the law forecast a dangerous future for the state. They said the new law would hurt public safety and put Maine kids at risk.

One state representative who opposed the bill went so far as to say it would give Mainers a reason to be afraid every time they went out in public or to work.

Another state representative suggested the law would lead to violent criminals with recent arrests and convictions legally carrying handguns.

-----

Now four years later, Maine has been named the safest state in the nation according to US News and World Report’s public safety rankings, which measures the fifty states based on crime data.

Ranking as the top safest state for violent crime and fourth for property crime, Maine edges out another New England state, Vermont, for the top spot. Of note, Vermont also is a “Constitutional Carry” state. New Hampshire ranks third in the national rankings, giving New England all three of the top spots in the nation.

In 2018, Maine was edged out by Vermont in the same “safest states” ranking, but declared the best state overall in the broader “Crime and Corrections” category.

In 2017, using a different methodology, Maine was ranked second among the fifty states in the “Crime and Corrections” category and also second in the categories used to rank the “safest states.”

The U.S. News and World Report “Best States” rankings are built in partnership with McKinsey & Company, a firm that works closely with state leaders around the nation.

Maine has also ranked at the top of other state rankings. WalletHub.com recently ranked Maine second in “Personal and Residential Safety” among the fifty states, and third overall.
=============

Bolsonaro's Brazil, More Legal Guns, Homicide Rates Down Precipitously

In December, 2018, in an article published by the Wall Street Journal, this pronouncement was made. From the wsj.com:

Now, Brazil is set to embark on an experiment that will determine what happens when you loosen gun restrictions in a country battling an overpowering wave of gun crime.
Homicides in Brazil were at historic highs in 2017. They dropped a bit in 2018, as candidate Bolsonaro ran on reform of the gun laws to allow self defense, and reform of the law to get tough on crime. The homicide numbers dropped from 59,000 in 2017, to 51,000 in 2018. President Bolsonaro was elected in October of 2018.

After taking office on 1 January, 2019, President Bolsonaro issued his first decree reforming some of Brazil's extreme gun laws on 15 January, 2019. The drop in Brazil's homicide rate accelerated.
-------

Early in the Bolsonaro presidency, a Brazilian lawyer prediceted the homicide rate would drop. From ammoland.com:

César Mello, asked that I include information that early reports are showing a 25% drop in Brazil's homicide rate, in the first quarter of 2019. If this trend continues, 16,000 lives will have been saved in the first year of President Bolsonaro's time in office.
The rate reduction was not quite that high. Only 10,000 lives were saved. From wtop.com:
Brazil had 41,635 killings in 2019, down 19% from the prior year and the least number of homicides since 2007, when the so-called Violence Monitor index was launched. It is a partnership between the non-profit Brazilian Forum of Public Security, the University of Sao Paulo’s Center for the Study of Violence, and news website G1, which published the data Friday.
When translated to homicide rates, the rate dropped 17% in 2018, then 23% more in 2019. The population of Brazil in 2019 was 210 million. The rate of homicides per 100,000 was 19.83. That is less than 2/3 of the homicide rate in 2017, which was 30.8.

The more I look into it the more convinced I am that we have got it wrong.
By adopting American Gun laws we become safer as people and can bring our murder rates down to US levels.
Its just basic common sense really.

The more I look into it the more convinced I am that we have got it wrong.
By adopting American Gun laws we become safer as people and can bring our murder rates down to US levels.
Its just basic common sense really.

Please...with what you feel about gun control....how do you explain the fact, the fact, that as more Americans own and carry guns our gun crime rate went down 75%.....our gun murder rate went down 49%....

You have never even tried to explain how that is possible given what you feel about gun control....

Yeah, I agree with everything until your last claim. You are implying that the difference in rates, is because of gun laws.

There is no evidence of that. Gun crime was lower in the UK, before they had all these gun control laws.

This supports your first statement, but not your second. Your first statement is correct. There are a variety of factors that affect crime rates. Which is why, again, gun crime was lower in the UK before the gun laws were all passed.

What doesn't fit is the claim that all gun laws did something.

Gun crime actually increased slightly after passing gun control laws.

And gun crime is on the rise. So clearly those gun laws are not effective. And again, never were. Gun crime was lower before all the gun laws were put into effect.

Gun laws do nothing. You can make a gun from hardware store parts. You can make bullets too.

Just like drug laws haven't stopped drugs, so have gun laws not stopped guns. And it is ridiculous to think so.

What stops crime of all types, is ruthless enforcement of the law. Short of that, your laws do nothing but harm the innocent, and make life safe for criminals.

Please...with what you feel about gun control....how do you explain the fact, the fact, that as more Americans own and carry guns our gun crime rate went down 75%.....our gun murder rate went down 49%....

You have never even tried to explain how that is possible given what you feel about gun control....
I dont have to explain anything you fucking cretin. The UK is many times safer than the crazy US because we dont all need a gun to go to the shops.
If guns make you safer why is the US such a shit show ?

I dont have to explain anything you fucking cretin. The UK is many times safer than the crazy US because we dont all need a gun to go to the shops.

And there you are...... You can't explain it....it shows you are wrong...so you pretend that you don't care to explain it........what weak tea....you left wing doofus.

Again.....more Americans own and actually carry guns over the last 27 years.....our gun crime rate down 75%......gun murder down 49%...

You can't explain that.........

Our democrat party cities are shit shows because they let repeat, violent criminals out of jail, and attack our police.......forcing the police to stop policing to protect themselves and their families from the democrat party.....

There...I explained that....you still can't explain how more Americans own and carry guns over the last 27 years but our gun crime rate went down 75%, our gun murder rate went down 49%.........

And another reason....the democrat party policy....The Great Society....destroyed Black families in democrat party controlled cities.........we have an over 75% out of wedlock birth rate among Black families....that is another reason our democrat party controlled cities are shit shows...

There...explained that even more....

Why don't you start doing a thread on every gun shot incident in this country, 2AGuy. This is your country after all. Why do you think we care if there was a shooting in England? Or France?
Let's start hearing about every one of them in this country.
What? Impossible? That's because there are tens of thousands of them a year. You couldn't type fast enough.
And it's because every Tom, Dick and Harriett has a gun for no good reason.
Well, you're pretty dense so I'll tell you. He's trying to show you how criminals don't obey gun control laws, or any other ones for that matter. I realize it was pointless to explain this to you but perhaps someone else not quite as brainwashed and thick as you may get it.

Because politicians refuse to punish criminals and scum like you want to empty the prisons. And your shithole country is not safe as you were just shown.

Quit with the bullshit.

Britain has STRICT gun restrictions. Only responsible, totally law-abiding people with appropriate Party registrations are allowed to even think about owning guns.

The left (worldwide) screams that we need gun control because only gun control works.

So.....

This crap about shootings in Britain is pure bullshit. It's impossible. Liberals have told us so.

And another reason....the democrat party policy....The Great Society....destroyed Black families in democrat party controlled cities.........we have an over 75% out of wedlock birth rate among Black families....that is another reason our democrat party controlled cities are shit shows...

There...explained that even more....

But....But.....they have gun control in Britain......right? Then how did this baby get shot in the head in a country that banned handguns?

4 people shot in the middle of a street in Britain..........in gun controlled Britain....

A two-year-old boy who was shot in the head survived after the bullet missed a crucial artery by 1mm, his family have revealed, as they appealed for anyone with information on the shooting to come forward.

The toddler was one of four people, including his mother, who were shot in Energen Close, Harlesden, north-west London, on 3 June.

Britain invented heroin addicts. Give them a cookie....make sure it's shitty, like their tea....and everything else the dumb motherfuckers never invented to eat or drink. Useless fuckers.

Because the loudmouths wont USE them. There should be thousands of dead "domestic enemies' dead. They aint. Order more infrared and camo to show off. OH. Send letters too ! Tweet pole if need be. You can have REAL assholes with you on that....while you "prepare"....for the next check

Forum List

Back