Shootings are up in New York, why? Because after arresting felons who have illegal guns, they let them out 3-4 days later.

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
From the Police Commissioner of New York........you can't stop gun crime if you let gun criminals out of jail 3-4 days after arresting them for gun crimes....

We do not have a gun problem in the U.S......we have a problem with the democrat party. They keep letting violent criminals out of prison, over and over again.....

Shootings are up nearly 96% in the first eleven months of this year. In November alone, there were 115 shootings — a 112% increase from the same time last year.

There were also 28 murders last month, driving the murder rate up 38%.

The commisssioner blamed part of the rise on bail reform measures implemented earlier in the year.

“We have made staggering numbers of gun arrests, taking guns off the streets from felons, doing it almost always without a shot being fired. But when you look three days later, four days later, those individuals are back on the street committing more gun violence,” Police Commissioner Dermot Shea told NY1.

I grew up on Long Island, about an hour east of Manhattan. We used to take the train from Central Islip to Penn Station every weekend and enjoy walking around the city, getting high in Central Park and then hitting the museums, guitar stores, camera stores, pizza joints, etc.

It was a great place to go, as we never felt threatened by anyone or anything,a nd we always had a good time.

Nowadays, though, the city has become a slum thanks to De Blasio, and the state has become a sewer thanks to Cuomo...

From the Police Commissioner of New York........you can't stop gun crime if you let gun criminals out of jail 3-4 days after arresting them for gun crimes....

We do not have a gun problem in the U.S......we have a problem with the democrat party. They keep letting violent criminals out of prison, over and over again.....

Shootings are up nearly 96% in the first eleven months of this year. In November alone, there were 115 shootings — a 112% increase from the same time last year.

The commisssioner blamed part of the rise on bail reform measures implemented earlier in the year.

“We have made staggering numbers of gun arrests, taking guns off the streets from felons, doing it almost always without a shot being fired. But when you look three days later, four days later, those individuals are back on the street committing more gun violence,” Police Commissioner Dermot Shea told NY1.

The issue is criminals feel that they won't be prosecuted rigorously even if the police manage to arrest them. Progressives make the false assumption that criminals are just misguided souls and given the chance would never cheat or game the system to their advantage if they were just given a fair shake.

The simple truth is most criminals are criminal because of combination of utter lack of morals, lack of any desire for effort, and a severe self centered outlook on life. They are important, everyone else is just a mark.

The "forced into crime" trope used by progressives is a sliver of the criminal element.

This fails as an ad hoc fallacy.

Yes it would be nice if everyone who was carrying firearms in violation of the law went to prison.

The defense and protection of the state and of the United States is an obligation of all persons within the state. The legislature shall provide for the discharge of this obligation and for the maintenance and regulation of an organized militia.

I grew up on Long Island, about an hour east of Manhattan. We used to take the train from Central Islip to Penn Station every weekend and enjoy walking around the city, getting high in Central Park and then hitting the museums, guitar stores, camera stores, pizza joints, etc.

It was a great place to go, as we never felt threatened by anyone or anything,a nd we always had a good time.

Nowadays, though, the city has become a slum thanks to De Blasio, and the state has become a sewer thanks to Cuomo...
That’s totally untrue. The crime rate is up as people are angry and out of work. But we go out in the city all the time. So I really am not sure where you are getting that info.

That’s totally untrue. The crime rate is up as people are angry and out of work. But we go out in the city all the time. So I really am not sure where you are getting that info.

Compared to the 1970's, and even the 80's and 90's, New York is a shit hole. Sure, it had issues back in the day, but every city does. It's just a damn shame was city leadership is so inept it exacerbates those issues...

Destroying a city takes three people. The governor, mayor and attorney general. Democrats got their winning combo in New York. Now San Francisco and Los Angeles. Get the major cities to use as bases against the rest.

You don't know what you are talking about.....crime is up because the democrat mayor and governor have created policies that allow known, violent offenders to be released from jail just days after being arrested for felony crimes......

Destroying a city takes three people. The governor, mayor and attorney general. Democrats got their winning combo in New York. Now San Francisco and Los Angeles. Get the major cities to use as bases against the rest.

And the San Francisco doofus is on biden's short list....

Most people don't go right into crime due to economic issues, Most crime is done by the same people over and over.

And when you say you won't hold them on bail, won't really prosecute them, and send them back out with a slap on the wrist they get emboldened to perform more and usually worse crimes.

You don't know what you are talking about.....crime is up because the democrat mayor and governor have created policies that allow known, violent offenders to be released from jail just days after being arrested for felony crimes......

you it's worse than that----the cops are virtually forced to NOT BRING A CHARGE----and the judges are virtually forced to DROP charges

didn't AOC ----A

Most people don't go right into crime due to economic issues, Most crime is done by the same people over and over.

And when you say you won't hold them on bail, won't really prosecute them, and send them back out with a slap on the wrist they get emboldened to perform more and usually worse crimes.

Didn't AOC ----ANNOUNCE that the main crime in
New York City is-------theft of bread to feed starving
children ?????

didn't AOC ----A

Didn't AOD ----ANNOUNCE that the main crime in
New York City is-------theft of bread to feed starving
children ?????

She announced a lot of idiotic things.

Forum List

Back