Shooting outside of Mosque in France...but, they banned guns in France..right?

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
So.....how did these guys get the guns they used to shoot people? You guys keep telling us these things don't happen in Europe....except they keep happening in France....

See....even from this story, they shoot people in Europe...they just don't kill them...either they are bad shots or they just aren't trying to kill.....4 of the wounded weren't even shot at, they got hit by debris from the gun fire......

Eight people injured after gunmen open fire near mosque

A witness at the scene said that dozens of people started to flee when they saw two suspects jump out of the vehicle with guns.

"It was a black Renault car. There were four individuals, only two of them, who were seated in the back, stepped out and started shooting at everyone,” the witness said.

The mosque is probably a terrorist recruitment center and the gunmen were recently radicalized (as if muslims need any encouragement).

You can legally get guns in France.

I mean, how fucking hard is it to do a little research before you make a post?

Yeah....not according to you anti-gun nuts....Europe is free of guns......that is why they have low crime rates...right? And when I tell you their criminals can get guns, they just don't use them to commit murder, you deny it.....even after I link to stories about how easy it is to get fully automatic rifles in France....and those are completely banned....and yet terrorists, on government terrorist watch lists, with criminal records, get them easily........as do French criminals...in fact....AK-47s are a status symbol among the French criminal class......

I keep telling you twits this...and you deny it....

It would kill the clever point he's trying to make...you know that!

Please read post #4......it will clear up the crap you guys keep telling yourselves that isn't true....

Yeah....not according to you anti-gun nuts....Europe is free of guns......that is why they have low crime rates...right? And when I tell you their criminals can get guns, they just don't use them to commit murder, you deny it.....even after I link to stories about how easy it is to get fully automatic rifles in France....and those are completely banned....and yet terrorists, on government terrorist watch lists, with criminal records, get them easily........as do French criminals...in fact....AK-47s are a status symbol among the French criminal class......

No, it isn't. Show me one post I've ever written that says Europe doesn't have any guns. In fact, show me a post of anyone on the left with a brain who has said such things. There might actually be some people out there on the left who are as ignorant as you, I don't deny that at all, but if you make up stuff that other people didn't say, and then attack, it makes you look like a.....

Yeah, sure. Well, I've seen enough of his "clever points" to know the truth doesn't have much of an impact on his life.

Wow...good post.....you don't refute my facts, and you don't prove your own points......but you post that stinging post......ouch.....you got me......I really, really felt that one...did you take all day to come up with it?

No, it isn't. Show me one post I've ever written that says Europe doesn't have any guns. In fact, show me a post of anyone on the left with a brain who has said such things. There might actually be some people out there on the left who are as ignorant as you, I don't deny that at all, but if you make up stuff that other people didn't say, and then attack, it makes you look like a.....

You mean when you assholes tell us that the reason they don't have our crime rates is because they took guns away from people...you mean like that? As you morons keep posting I will keep track of them....the various anti gunners here have all used that concept to attack gun ownership here and when they do it again...twit...you will be the first one to know....

So.....how did these guys get the guns they used to shoot people? You guys keep telling us these things don't happen in Europe....except they keep happening in France....

See....even from this story, they shoot people in Europe...they just don't kill them...either they are bad shots or they just aren't trying to kill.....4 of the wounded weren't even shot at, they got hit by debris from the gun fire......

A witness at the scene said that dozens of people started to flee when they saw two suspects jump out of the vehicle with guns.

"It was a black Renault car. There were four individuals, only two of them, who were seated in the back, stepped out and started shooting at everyone,” the witness said.
**sigh**

In France, to buy a firearm, a hunting licence or a shooting sport license is necessary. All semi-automatic rifles with a capacity greater than 3 rounds, all handguns and all rifles chambered in 'military' calibres, including bolt action, require permits. These are known as B1, B2 and B4 type permits. Firearms are divided into eight categories that determine the regulations that apply to their possession and use. France also sets limits on the number of cartridges that can be kept at home (1000 rounds per gun).
Overview of gun laws by nation - Wikipedia

Yeah, sure. Well, I've seen enough of his "clever points" to know the truth doesn't have much of an impact on his life.

Wow...good post.....you don't refute my facts, and you don't prove your own points......but you post that stinging post......ouch.....you got me......I really, really felt that one...did you take all day to come up with it?

To be honest dude, I wouldn't waste my time proving anything to you, so.....

**sigh**

In France, to buy a firearm, a hunting licence or a shooting sport license is necessary. All semi-automatic rifles with a capacity greater than 3 rounds, all handguns and all rifles chambered in 'military' calibres, including bolt action, require permits. These are known as B1, B2 and B4 type permits. Firearms are divided into eight categories that determine the regulations that apply to their possession and use. France also sets limits on the number of cartridges that can be kept at home (1000 rounds per gun).
Overview of gun laws by nation - Wikipedia

And yet....every time I post about France I list the fact that their criminals get guns easily...every time....I link to articles on the topic.....every time....and I point out that fully automatic military rifles are completely banned....every time......and yet the criminals in france get them, the terrorists in france get them.....and then dipshits like you tell us their gun control works.....

And then I have to tell you that no, their gun control doesn't work, their criminals don't murder people.....the terrorists do....their criminals don't. And what keeps them from having mass public shootings in France....? Since, as you point out, and I have pointed out, that they can get guns easily there? The guy in Cumbria, England, in 2010, another country where guns are banned and confiscated...... murdered 12 people with a double barreled shot gun and a bolt action .22 rifle.....

Tell us how their gun control laws keep their gun crime rates low...

Do their criminals have to get permits for their illegal guns? Do their criminals...you know, the guys with convictions....do they get licenses for their illegal guns?

Please...tell us...

Yeah....great response......I give facts, statistics and the truth......you say....uhhhhhh, yeah.....uhhhhh, I'm not gunna prove nuffin to you...uhhhhhh, nope, not gunna do it.....

Good response.....that must have taken you hours to come up with.....

Hey...dipshit.....these are the articles on France I have posted over and over.......try reading them sometime...you will post more intelligently on the topic....

Sooooo....lecturing me about guns in France is really fucking stupid....

French gunman's arsenal spotlights illegal arms trade

As France asks itself whether it could have done more to prevent Islamist gunman Mohamed Merah shooting dead seven people in a killing spree that shook the nation, there is one question that refuses to go away: how did he obtain so many guns.

The size and nature of the arsenal amassed by Merah - who stockpiled at least eight guns including a Kalashnikov assault rifle and an Uzi machine pistol - has focused attention on the easy availability of illegal weapons in France and their growing use in ultra-violent crimes.

As an angry online reader of the daily Le Figaro newspaper put it: "How was he able to buy all these guns, like one buys yoghurts, when he was under the surveillance of the DCRI (the French intelligence agency)?"

====================
Paris attacks highlight France's gun control problems

But in recent years a black market has proliferated. The number of illegal weapons has risen at a rapid rate – double-digit percentages – for several years, according to the National Observatory for Delinquency, a body created in 2003.

“In Marseille and the surrounding area almost all the score settling is carried out using weapons used in wars,” a police spokesman told Reuters after the Toulouse attacks, adding that Kalashnikovs were the weapon of choice: “If you don’t have a ‘Kalash’ you’re a bit of a loser.”

============================
Paris attacks highlight France's gun control problems

The arsenal of weapons deployed by the eight attackers who terrorised Paris on Friday night underlined France’s gun control problems and raised the spectre of further attacks.

The country has extremely strict weapons laws, but Europe’s open borders and growing trade in illegal weapons means assault rifles are relatively easy to come by on the black market.

-------------=================
France’s real gun problem

Despite these strict laws, France seems to be awash with guns. The guns used in high-profile terror attacks are really just the tip of the iceberg. In 2012, French authorities estimated that there were around 30,000 guns illegally in the country, many likely used by gangs for criminal activities. Of those guns, around 4,000 were likely to be "war weapons," Le Figaro reported, referring to items such as the Kalashnikov AK-variant rifles and Uzis. Statistics from the National Observatory for Delinquency, a government body created in 2003, suggest that the number of guns in France has grown by double digits every year.
----------------------
How Europe's Terrorists Get Their Guns

France became particularly worried about the trafficking of illegal guns in 2012, increasing fines and jail terms for those involved in the trafficking and possession of them. Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve said in Septemberthat police have seized nearly 6,000 weapons from criminal groups each year since 2013, 1,200 of which were military assault weapons. And in the three weeks following the Nov. 13 attacks, Cazeneuve said French police seized 334 weapons, 34 of them military-grade.

Several officials and experts tell TIME they’ve seen a noticeable climb in both the numbers and the types of illicit weapons crossing borders over the past few years. Rather than pistols and small guns, there has been a spike in demand for military-grade assault weapons. This reflects a very different kind of criminality: petty criminals and drug dealers tend to want small pistols that they can conceal; terrorists want AK-47s that can do maximum damage.

“For something like the Paris attacks, you don’t need hundreds of thousands of weapons. You just need enough to create havoc,” says Zverzhanovski. “The gun market operates on a very basic supply and demand system. Since about 2011, there has definitely been a significant increase of illicit weapons going from southeast Europe towards different parts of the E.U.” Crucially, it’s not truckloads or planeloads of weapons coming in. It’s much more a case of “micro-trafficking”—a few pieces being brought in by individuals—making it much more difficult to track.

Forum List

Back