Shoot to kill or just injure?

Further proof there are no moral facts. I'm sure even Isis believes the murder they commit is OK with their god. Completely justified. Just like it was justified that maybe we killed 1 million Iraqis just to get rid of Saddam. Now we wish he was still in charge.

Who the fuck is "we"?
I don't remember seeing you there ... And I am glad Saddam Hussein is no longer with us.

I was a soldier, that didn't violate my morals. The actual commandment in Hebrew translates to "Thou shall not commit murder", defending yourself and your family isn't murder, defending your country, or your fellow soldiers in war is not murder.
Further proof there are no moral facts. I'm sure even Isis believes the murder they commit is OK with their god. Completely justified. Just like it was justified that maybe we killed 1 million Iraqis just to get rid of Saddam. Now we wish he was still in charge.
Their actions show it to be murder, not combat or national protection. They are aggressors in case you missed it and they have no country. Shall we continue to move the goal posts around until you tire of being wrong?

I was a soldier, that didn't violate my morals. The actual commandment in Hebrew translates to "Thou shall not commit murder", defending yourself and your family isn't murder, defending your country, or your fellow soldiers in war is not murder.

Further proof that you don't comprehend the definition of murder.

Who the fuck is "we"?
I don't remember seeing you there ... And I am glad Saddam Hussein is no longer with us.

You went over and served for us. That's where I get the " we" from. Its why "we$ thank you for serving for us. You fought so WE wouldn't have to. Remember? Did you forget at one point of the war that was the reason WE were there?

Now you aren't one of us anymore? You alright?

Further proof that you don't comprehend the definition of murder.
If I could I'd rather put a bullet in a perps ass but you christians say gotta go for the kill. Thou shall not wound.

If I could I'd rather put a bullet in a perps ass but you christians say gotta go for the kill. Thou shall not wound.

What I don't think you are getting is the "fear for your life" part. If you aren't in fear for your life, you shouldn't be shooting. If you are in fear for your life, you're not thinking "shoot to wound" you're thinking "I'VE GOT TO STOP THIS GUY RIGHT FREAKING NOW".

That's why you practice shooting center mass. Highest likelihood of ending the threat. You feel free to do whatever you feel comfortable with...try some psychology, or hot tea with lemon...when it's your family at risk. But after you shoot him in the ass and he pulls out his gun and shoots though the ceiling into your sleeping wife, or daughters, or sons bed...you come back and tell us how much better you feel that you "shot to wound".

My training was to shoot till the target is down and no threat. Aim body mass not extremities or head. Look at Wilson he shot Brown 4 times and never stopped him. Arm shots do not stop someone nor do leg shots hell they may just make them more pissed off.
How do you know the first shot wasn't enough? I bet the one was all it would have taken but he snapped and over reacted. Just like you he kept shooting till the guy was down. He didn't even wait 1 second between his first and second shot so how do you know 1 wasn't enough? It would be if you shot me.

You aren't being honest when you say he had to unload on that guy. You admit your training says blow him away. If anything your boy was a bad shot.
Why would you care? If they are an immediate threat to your life, you have a Christian obligation to protect your family and your own life. Chances are, it was a gun grabber anyway.
This all started when a christian said without god there are no moral absolutes. This conversation is proving that even with god there aren't moral absolutes. Fact is most christians choose to kill rather than wound. They prefer it. You guys even sound proud about it.

The point of using deadly force is to save your own, or someone else's, life. Trying to wound is ridiculous. It is the result of watching westerns where the cowboy shoots the gun out of someone's hand rather than kill them. You have a split second to fire, and you better make sure you will survive.

The shooting enough to kill also means you are the only one telling the story of what happened.

And don't assume the answers here are all from Christians.

Hortisir says shoot to injure not kill.

If Hortisir said this, then he is an idiot.

I'd rather not shoot anyone. That is why I lock my doors at night and try to be as safe as I can, within reason. But if they come into my home or threaten me and my loved ones, they die. It is quite simple.

Isnt the rule if you shoot a home invader you should shoot to kill not maim? Why is that? I know a couple reasons. What other reasons are there besides they might kill or sue you later? I'm thinking if I could kill or just wound an intruder I'd prefer not to have to kill them. And how do christians feel about this? How do you put aside thou shall not kill when you could have just shot them in the leg or balls.

You shoot center mass enough times to eliminate the threat.

Sometimes the criminal will die sometimes he won't

my father always said....'if a man is worth shooting, he is worth killing' words i live by.....when you pull a gun on one...you should be ready to kill the person you are now holding the gun on...direct body hits...no wounding shots...o and not one shot....dad said empty the gun into them...and reload....repeat....

there will never be a 'fatal attraction' type event at my house....i am a firm believe in firing till the threat is totally eliminated.....

i am not a christian....so my opinion my not count...but i will ask this....why in the hell would it be un anything to protects ones family....home invaders are the worst of the worst...an honest robber will want the house empty and feed the dogs for you ...insurance replaces the stuff...so what the hell...but to enter my home and be a threat to my family....whole nother level

Isnt the rule if you shoot a home invader you should shoot to kill not maim? Why is that? I know a couple reasons. What other reasons are there besides they might kill or sue you later? I'm thinking if I could kill or just wound an intruder I'd prefer not to have to kill them. And how do christians feel about this? How do you put aside thou shall not kill when you could have just shot them in the leg or balls.

o bullshit...somehow i think if someone invaded your home with the good wife there...they would not be walking out..period...now you can try to convince me of something different.....i was born at night but not last night

o bullshit...somehow i think if someone invaded your home with the good wife there...they would not be walking out..period...now you can try to convince me of something different.....i was born at night but not last night

Well a close quarters chest shot from a 12 gauge will most likely kill the guy

as long as you use 00 it will or at least that is what i was assured of....

as long as you use 00 it will or at least that is what i was assured of....

Close quarters (say 10 to 15 feet) almost any size shot will be lethal. It will still be about the size of the bore of the shotgun.

10 or 15 ft....that is gonna flip sealy out...i am sure he/she thinks we should wait till they are closer....i am like you...why wait...once the target is identified as hostile....i begin to fire

10 or 15 ft....that is gonna flip sealy out...i am sure he/she thinks we should wait till they are closer....i am like you...why wait...once the target is identified as hostile....i begin to fire

10 or 15 feet is seriously close. The 21 foot rule shows this. You are correct in firing as soon as the target is identified as hostile.

i had to look that up

he implication, therefore, is that when dealing with an edged-weapon wielder at anything less than 21 feet an officer had better have his gun out and ready to shoot before the offender starts rushing him or else he risks being set upon and injured or killed before he can draw his sidearm and effectively defeat the attack.

Edged Weapon Defense Is or was the 21-foot rule valid Part 1

My training was to shoot till the target is down and no threat. Aim body mass not extremities or head. Look at Wilson he shot Brown 4 times and never stopped him. Arm shots do not stop someone nor do leg shots hell they may just make them more pissed off.
How do you know the first shot wasn't enough? I bet the one was all it would have taken but he snapped and over reacted. Just like you he kept shooting till the guy was down. He didn't even wait 1 second between his first and second shot so how do you know 1 wasn't enough? It would be if you shot me.

You aren't being honest when you say he had to unload on that guy. You admit your training says blow him away. If anything your boy was a bad shot.
Why would you care? If they are an immediate threat to your life, you have a Christian obligation to protect your family and your own life. Chances are, it was a gun grabber anyway.
This all started when a christian said without god there are no moral absolutes. This conversation is proving that even with god there aren't moral absolutes. Fact is most christians choose to kill rather than wound. They prefer it. You guys even sound proud about it.

The point of using deadly force is to save your own, or someone else's, life. Trying to wound is ridiculous. It is the result of watching westerns where the cowboy shoots the gun out of someone's hand rather than kill them. You have a split second to fire, and you better make sure you will survive.

The shooting enough to kill also means you are the only one telling the story of what happened.

And don't assume the answers here are all from Christians.
Then we dont need christianity to know right from wrong. Good.

Forum List

Back