Zone1 Shia Labeouf embraces Catholic faith after preparing for movie Padre Pio

Actually, Jesus never existed, he was made up out of whole cloth in the 2nd Century...

You aren't saints, you are deranged Mormon Cultists who got fooled by a two-bit con-artist who wanted to cheat less smart people out of their money and have sex with their teenage daughters.

Now what?
JoeB131; Wrong 999x out of 1000. That one was wrong. Que surprise! Not. :rolleyes-41:

Although the LDS is deep into the occult and magic.
At least he didn't join the bizarre cult of Scientology.
We are into the occult and magic? Where do you see this? I've been a member of the Church for 47 years and have seen none of this.

Magic Underwear
Secret ceremonies
Baptizing dead people
And, what do you call the clothing that most religious persons leading their flocks? Our Temple garments are protective clothing for spiritual safety to remind us daily of the covenants we made with the Father and Son in the Temple. Keeping the commandments can lead people to living lifestyles that lead people to more physical safety. Like following the safety laws of the countries they live in. Driving the speed limit and things like that. Loving our neighbors so as not to cause contention and put ourselves in harms way of an angry neighbor. They remind us to be honest in our business dealings so that we stay out of physical contention inside of prisons or with those we work with in the business world. Wearing them doesn't prevent all accidents or death. But, certainly can reduce these by living the Commandments of God.

What secret ceremonies? Nothing is secret in the Temples. You can find them all over the internet if you really care. And, we really don't care. As long as members don't spread them as they are "sacred" not secret. They are simply gifts to anyone who goes to the Temple. Gifts required for Exaltation in the Kingdom of God. First Corinthians chapter 15 tells us of three levels of Heaven and Paul saw the third or highest degree of Heaven. We don't believe that good people who eventually will confess that Jesus is the Christ will go anywhere but to Heaven even if they never had the opportunity to know or learn about Christ in this life. In First Peter chapter 3, Jesus went to spirit prison to speak with the wicked spirits of the people in the days of Noah and also all before Noah and after Noah to preach His Gospel to them. When we die, we go to a spirit place of either Paradise or Hell to await our judgment day and resurrection. For those who accept Jesus message in Paradise or Hell, they still must have a record of being baptized. For that is the only way back to heaven. Mark 16:15-16. And, John 3:5 is clear, "Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water (baptism) and of the Spirit (Gift of the Holy Ghost), he cannot enter into the kingdom of God." Both are necessary. So, how does one who has died without either get mercy and justice if there is no way to baptize by water or laying on of hands to receive the Holy Ghost? Fortunately, the Lord is merciful and with perfect justice gives His true Church the lost ordinances of vicariously baptizing those who have died and also giving them the gift of the Holy Ghost as well. First Corinthians chapter 15 also speaks of baptism for the dead in verse 29. So it was done in the days of the Apostles of old and now today as well for those who have died before us. There are also other ordinances of this work performed vicariously in our Temples for the gift of the Holy Ghost and other gifts of Exaltation. And, we are charged by covenant to keep our covenants we have made in the Temple and endure to the end from being deceived by Satan and his angels both spirits and live human beings who attempt to damn us from Eternal progression.

And, what do you call the clothing that most religious persons leading their flocks? Our Temple garments are protective clothing for spiritual safety to remind us daily of the covenants we made with the Father and Son in the Temple. Keeping the commandments can lead people to living lifestyles that lead people to more physical safety. Like following the safety laws of the countries they live in. Driving the speed limit and things like that. Loving our neighbors so as not to cause contention and put ourselves in harms way of an angry neighbor. They remind us to be honest in our business dealings so that we stay out of physical contention inside of prisons or with those we work with in the business world. Wearing them doesn't prevent all accidents or death. But, certainly can reduce these by living the Commandments of God.
Uh, buddy, I hate to break this to you... you belong to a cult.

The difference between a cult and a religion is that religions just want your money. Cults want your undying, unquestioning loyalty.

Uh, buddy, I hate to break this to you... you belong to a cult.

The difference between a cult and a religion is that religions just want your money. Cults want your undying, unquestioning loyalty.
So, what preacher in your Christian cult doesn't need money to survive and be able to do their work? What religion doesn't want your undying unquestioning loyalty? Your religious leaders, writers, preachers, scholars all are pumping crap into your heads to keep you from doing your own investigation. You attacked me for my Temple Clothing. I gave you the real reason for the clothing. Did not the Lord give Adam and Eve Temple Clothing as the Garden was certainly a Temple like place? He then gave them commandments to keep outside the Garden and clothing to remind them of their covenants with God. Yet, you spew lies about the clothing and use the word "magic" which no member would use.

I also gave you instruction on what and where baptisms for the dead actually originated. I once did a paper on this subject for a class while attending Brigham Young University on baptisms for the dead. In the library there, back in 1978, there was a copy of an old addition of the Catholic Encyclopedia that had a blurp on baptisms for the dead in which it said they used to do this but lost the method and instructions centuries ago so they don't do them. The edition no longer is in print and the reference to baptisms for the dead has been removed in later editions. The scriptures Christians claim to follow and believe said clearly to enter into Heaven, you must be baptized by emersion in water. And, Jesus went to preach and prepare the spirits of the dead for their baptisms that will be performed vicariously with those alive. Thus, Malachi said that the hearts of the children will be turned to their fathers. And, it's for this purpose. The spirit of Elijah is very much alive in genealogical work for this purpose.

These ceremonies we do in the Temple are not secret. Why do you say they are secret? Just because you have to be a member in good standing and a certain level of righteousness to attend? Because they are ordinance work for salvation and exaltation, they are sacred to us. Judas's have given up what goes on in the Temples and are readily available on line. However, those who receive them without authority to use them will end up with the plagues of Revelation. For, God will not be mocked.

So, what preacher in your Christian cult doesn't need money to survive and be able to do their work?
Um, I'm an atheist...

I also gave you instruction on what and where baptisms for the dead actually originated.
And that makes it less flakey, how?

Frankly, baptizing dead people, like you guys did with holocaust victims, is kind of intrusive. No one asked you to baptize their dead relatives.

These ceremonies we do in the Temple are not secret. Why do you say they are secret? Just because you have to be a member in good standing and a certain level of righteousness to attend?
If they aren't open to the public, they are secret. Look, whatever you guys are doing with the goat is your own business.

Um, I'm an atheist...

And that makes it less flakey, how?

Frankly, baptizing dead people, like you guys did with holocaust victims, is kind of intrusive. No one asked you to baptize their dead relatives.

If they aren't open to the public, they are secret. Look, whatever you guys are doing with the goat is your own business.
We are not a public organization. Neither is any Church. If Churches were public then the Government would have control over them and there would be no separation of Church and State. Is that what you want? I don't.
I'm a convert of Judaism. I was born Jewish. I had family die in the holocaust. I've baptized members of my own dead Jewish families. That's the only way it can be done as we have as a Church compromised right now how they can be done. Must be a direct line. And, if not now, during the Millennium they will receive their baptisms. Remember, it's vicariously done. So, the dead spirit persons have the free agency to accept the baptism for them or not accept the baptism for them. They are still free to choose while in spirit prison of paradise or hell.
Yes, Jesus Christ has asked me to baptize for the dead and do all their ordinance work of washings and annointings, endowments and sealings of marriage and children.

We are not a public organization. Neither is any Church. If Churches were public then the Government would have control over them and there would be no separation of Church and State. Is that what you want? I don't.
Most Churches don't lock the doors so the public can't see what they are up to. The Mormons do with their secret ceremonies.

I'm a convert of Judaism. I was born Jewish. I had family die in the holocaust. I've baptized members of my own dead Jewish families. That's the only way it can be done as we have as a Church compromised right now how they can be done. Must be a direct line. And, if not now, during the Millennium they will receive their baptisms. Remember, it's vicariously done. So, the dead spirit persons have the free agency to accept the baptism for them or not accept the baptism for them. They are still free to choose while in spirit prison of paradise or hell.

So this is about you, not really your dead relatives. You want to feel better. Of course, there's nothing after this life, so it's a meaningless conversation, but the LDS were not asking permission initially when they started dipping dead people.

Yes, Jesus Christ has asked me to baptize for the dead and do all their ordinance work of washings and annointings, endowments and sealings of marriage and children.
That wasn't Jesus... those are the voices in your head. They have medications for that now.

Most Churches don't lock the doors so the public can't see what they are up to. The Mormons do with their secret ceremonies.

So this is about you, not really your dead relatives. You want to feel better. Of course, there's nothing after this life, so it's a meaningless conversation, but the LDS were not asking permission initially when they started dipping dead people.

That wasn't Jesus... those are the voices in your head. They have medications for that now.
No, the Temple is not a general house of worship. Other Churches don't have the fulness of the Gospel and the authority to administer Temple ordinances. Temples are literally the House of the Lord. No unclean thing can enter the presence of the Father and Son and the Holy Ghost. All you have to do is be a member of the Church and be able to receive a Temple Recommend and you can go in. Nothing secret. Just Sacred.

It's partially about me wanting to be with my family for Eternity in Exaltation in the Celestial Kingdom. What do you want after this life? You can't even face it. So, you just deny the possibility of life after death. And, as for asking permission, the only group that we do is the holocaust families. Names are being submitted daily from members and non-members who want their work to be done. And, we don't dig up dead people. We do this vicariously for them. Through us they receive the ordinances.

They had medication for mental illness in the past too. Drugs aren't new.

No, the Temple is not a general house of worship. Other Churches don't have the fulness of the Gospel and the authority to administer Temple ordinances. Temples are literally the House of the Lord. No unclean thing can enter the presence of the Father and Son and the Holy Ghost. All you have to do is be a member of the Church and be able to receive a Temple Recommend and you can go in. Nothing secret. Just Sacred.

yeah, it's not like the good old days when you used to have ceremonies swearing vengence for Joseph Smith.

Not to mention the barring of black people from your Church until 1978.

It's partially about me wanting to be with my family for Eternity in Exaltation in the Celestial Kingdom. ...And, as for asking permission, the only group that we do is the holocaust families. Names are being submitted daily from members and non-members who want their work to be done. And, we don't dig up dead people. We do this vicariously for them. Through us they receive the ordinances.

Yeah, it's still weird.

Mormons have recently posthumously baptised at least 20 Holocaust victims, Humphrey Bogart, Marilyn Monroe and the Queen Mother, according to a researcher who has spent two decades monitoring the church’s massive genealogical database.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/nov/29/mormon-women-metoo-particular-challenge-sexual-abuse

Baptisms have been attempted – but blocked – for Charles Manson, Stephen Paddock and Devin Patrick Kelley. Paddock was the gunman who killed 58 people and wounded more than 500 in Las Vegas in October. Kelley killed 25 and wounded 20 in a Baptist church in Sutherland Springs, Texas, last month.

The grandparents of public figures like Donald Trump, Mike Pence, Hillary Clinton and Steven Spielberg have also been baptised, despite church rules intended to restrict such ceremonies to the ancestors of church members. Ancestors of Kim Kardashian, Carrie Fisher, Joe Biden and John McCain were also baptised.

The researcher, Helen Radkey, is a former Mormon who left the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the mid-1970s and was excommunicated after publicly criticising it. She was blocked from the baptisms section of the massive collection of genealogical records the Utah-based church makes available to the public through its website, familysearch.org, until she was given a login by a friend.

What do you want after this life? You can't even face it. So, you just deny the possibility of life after death.

Or I just don't see any evidence of it. I'm an evidence kind of guy. Sure, a sunshine and puppies heaven where you get to see all your dead friends and relatives sounds nice, but where's the proof of it.

Not to mention, eternity sounds kind of boring. Whether you call it heaven or hell, the Celestial Kingdom or the Outer Darkness... doing the same thing forever and ever and ever without end would get.. kind of tedious after a certain point. What makes like exciting is that it is finite.

I'm 60. I already know there are more years behind than ahead. Enjoy the time you have with the people you love, because everything is transitory.

yeah, it's not like the good old days when you used to have ceremonies swearing vengence for Joseph Smith.

Not to mention the barring of black people from your Church until 1978.

Yeah, it's still weird.

Mormons have recently posthumously baptised at least 20 Holocaust victims, Humphrey Bogart, Marilyn Monroe and the Queen Mother, according to a researcher who has spent two decades monitoring the church’s massive genealogical database.
For Mormon women, saying #MeToo presents a particular challenge

Baptisms have been attempted – but blocked – for Charles Manson, Stephen Paddock and Devin Patrick Kelley. Paddock was the gunman who killed 58 people and wounded more than 500 in Las Vegas in October. Kelley killed 25 and wounded 20 in a Baptist church in Sutherland Springs, Texas, last month.

The grandparents of public figures like Donald Trump, Mike Pence, Hillary Clinton and Steven Spielberg have also been baptised, despite church rules intended to restrict such ceremonies to the ancestors of church members. Ancestors of Kim Kardashian, Carrie Fisher, Joe Biden and John McCain were also baptised.

The researcher, Helen Radkey, is a former Mormon who left the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the mid-1970s and was excommunicated after publicly criticising it. She was blocked from the baptisms section of the massive collection of genealogical records the Utah-based church makes available to the public through stits website, familysearch.org, until she was given a login by a friend.

Or I just don't see any evidence of it. I'm an evidence kind of guy. Sure, a sunshine and puppies heaven where you get to see all your dead friends and relatives sounds nice, but where's the proof of it.

Not to mention, eternity sounds kind of boring. Whether you call it heaven or hell, the Celestial Kingdom or the Outer Darkness... doing the same thing forever and ever and ever without end would get.. kind of tedious after a certain point. What makes like exciting is that it is finite.

I'm 60. I already know there are more years behind than ahead. Enjoy the time you have with the people you love, because everything is transitory.
I've heard all of this for 47 years now. Nothing new nor correct. You get stuff from anti-Mormons and that is not a 3rd party information that isn't leaning anti-Mormon. It's all bias and cannot be trusted.
Yes, there are people who won't be able to receive their baptisms in life or in death. In the Millennium, those issues will be taken care of when the Lord is here and making the tough decisions.
I've been in doing work for the dead, they are brought to the room (spirits) and watch what is going on. I know when someone accepts or rejects their ordinance. Most just are calm and go with the flow which are Terrestrial Glory bound. Some people have said there are those who don't want to be their and they feel it and the people doing the work for them tell the Temple people and they leave without doing the work. So, again, the Lord is in charge, not you or anyone else. People can complain all they want but the work will go forth until all have had the opportunity based on perfect judgment of God.

As far as Black, you obviously have no idea what you are talking about. Blacks have never been parred from being baptized and join the Church. The exclusion was over men receiving the Priesthood. Something that shouldn't bother an Atheist since you don't think it's important or does anything. And, that was back in 1978. I was attending BYU at the time it was announced. There were several Black students in my class when it was announced. Everyone in the class were extremely happy about it and 99% of the members still are. Old outdated nonsense of an excuse of yours.

I've heard all of this for 47 years now. Nothing new nor correct. You get stuff from anti-Mormons and that is not a 3rd party information that isn't leaning anti-Mormon. It's all bias and cannot be trusted.

Or maybe the view is clearer. I mean you guys live this crazy stuff and when everyone in the room believes the same crazy things, (and will turn out anyone who doesn't) it's hard to be objective.

I stopped being Catholic about 30 years ago. Funny thing happened. My relatives who remained Catholic didn't shun me like Mormons would when their family members leave the cult.

images

I've been in doing work for the dead, they are brought to the room (spirits) and watch what is going on. I know when someone accepts or rejects their ordinance. Most just are calm and go with the flow which are Terrestrial Glory bound. Some people have said there are those who don't want to be their and they feel it and the people doing the work for them tell the Temple people and they leave without doing the work. So, again, the Lord is in charge, not you or anyone else. People can complain all they want but the work will go forth until all have had the opportunity based on perfect judgment of God.

Okay, if you think you are seeing ghosts, we have medications for that now... Or you can call these guys.

1675457491563.jpeg

As far as Black, you obviously have no idea what you are talking about. Blacks have never been parred from being baptized and join the Church. The exclusion was over men receiving the Priesthood. Something that shouldn't bother an Atheist since you don't think it's important or does anything. And, that was back in 1978. I was attending BYU at the time it was announced. There were several Black students in my class when it was announced. Everyone in the class were extremely happy about it and 99% of the members still are. Old outdated nonsense of an excuse of yours.
Uh, here's the thing. Not being allowed into the priesthood is a big deal because in your cult, all men are supposed to be in the priesthood.

1978! Are you fucking kidding me? Strom Thurmond had black people on his staff by 1978!

Also, the underlying problem was that "The Curse of Ham" was the underlying reason for this barring, that Mormons used to hold that dark skin was a curse from God.

Forum List

Back