Shattered

Auld Phart

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 3, 2013
Looks like an interesting read

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/17/...ry-clintons-course-into-the-iceberg.html?_r=0

No doubt, most on the left here will focus on the paragraphs about the Russians and Comey.

“Shattered” underscores Clinton’s difficulty in articulating a rationale for her campaign (other than that she was not Donald Trump). And it suggests that a tendency to value loyalty over competence resulted in a lumbering, bureaucratic operation in which staff members were reluctant to speak truth to power, and competing tribes sowed “confusion, angst and infighting.”

I think the reason she lost may be as simple as she is a lying corrupt bitch.

From what I read in the article, she tried going the same route that cost her the presidency in 2008.

Definition of insanity, anyone?

The summary of this book doesn't surprize me. During the campaign (come to think of it, during her Sec of State and Senate gigs too) it seemed to me that Hillary just didn't want to be bothered with the details. It was very obvious whenever she was asked a question. For someone with a long history of "public service" she sure got testy whenever she was asked to explain herself. As for the presidency, it was as though she expected to win without doing any more work. Clearly, she is inflexible and not very savvy- to say the least.

Forum List

Back