Share Your Fears and Phobias

I figured that this would be a good topic to start since it's getting closer to Halloween. I'm a severely afraid of clowns and balloons and I have a great dislike for snakes and certain kinds of spiders. I also have a severe Ommetaphobia, which I didn't know existed until recently which explains why since from the time I was a little kid, I couldn't stand to touch my eyes or have other people touch my eyes. I couldn't even talk about anything related to them (or type about it) or watch people touch their eyes and eyelids and eyelashes,.. but that's recently been getting better.

That's because I slowly want to expose myself since if I ever have a problem with my eyes I want to be able to the let the eye doctor check them out and touch them. I also used to have a fear of falling nuts, but now as long as I'm wearing a hat I'm pretty good about that. :) (Unless I'm having a picnic then I won't sit underneath an oak tree as I don't want to be startled or have nuts in my food, and I'm not really afraid of them anymore as I'll collect nuts for the squirrels if I'm wearing something on my head, I just don't like them. At least the bigger nuts and black walnuts because I have a low tolerance to pain.)

I was in the US Army for nearly thirty years. I used have these recurring nightmares while on whatever deployment of odd weapon malfunctions during engagements. Either I would go to pull the trigger and it wouldn't budge—even with the safety off—or it would budge and my weapon would come apart in my hands. Got so bad at one point during waking hours I started running thousand mile an hour tape all over my weapon's receiver and stock. My M4 looked like Frankenstein's carbine.

More in the spirit of Halloween: when I was a kid I saw the movie Return of the Living Dead which scared the holy shit out of me. Once, when I was out walking a bike trail in the rain, I heard a group of people screaming out of sight, up around a bend in the trail. I turned and ran all the way home thinking it was those brain eating zombies freshly arisen out of their graves. Braaainsss!

Ever since that monkey ripped that woman's face off several years ago - Ditto
Apparently there are an unknown number of monkeys that live in our local Florida jungle. Escaped pets and jungle animals. Seriously the only creature I would step on the gas if one were crossing the road.

Seriously, if I ever had a pet phobia, it was about spooks and ghosts, so back in the 1980s, a friend and I went into a haunted house that was known haunted, left deserted by the previous owners like they literally got up one day and walked out and never came back. Not even killer attack dogs bothered the place. We went in the house around midnight and dared the ghosts to attack us.

We denounced them and told them they got nothing. We yelled at them, threw things, challenged them. Called them out.

Nothing happened and we stopped being afraid and I lost my fears. But my buddy's doberman watch dogs were still scared of the place. :smoke:

I fear nothing but if someone were to walk in with a monkey I'd probably jump out the window.

Yeah, monkeys are neat to look at the zoo, (coincidentally enough I'm going there tomorrow! :D) but that's because they're behind glass. I would never want one in my house. They're called wild animals for a reason.

Sounds like a mild autism.

What does? You should quote a post or tag the person that you're speaking of.

Because of the guilty conscience that I have, I pray that I am never in a situation where I end up with survivor's guilt when the dust settles.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I had a dose of that myself when I was eleven. It was after 9/11 happened and I was just a kid and not really understanding what had all happened, would it happen to me, and the fact that it happened to all of those people and families and I had "bragging rights" that everybody I knew was safe and sound. I quote that because that was the best way I could describe it, but even as a child it completely destroyed me. :(

I have a recurrent thought (formerly more fearful) when I travel on a bridge and a semi driver is driving next to me while I'm in his blind spot and I just see his turn signal as I'm about 1/3rd the way from his back bumper. In dream and rl mode I usually floor it until passing him. This fear is connected with a dream I used to have years ago about that exact scenario, but also involved various bridges collapsing and barely making it across to the other side but always just making it. My fear stems from being out of control during this situation and trying to safe myself while thinking I might not make it before he crushes me. Yikes! Now I have to go practice on the nearest bridge full of semi trucks to get 100% over that fear! lol

Buy!? I am not a capitalist...I grow my own and save, save, save so I can afford to dress sexy..

LOL I mean couldn't you just get more and there you go then just grow more. XD

The only reason I bought 43 acres was to grow weed, I couldn't wait until it's legal.

Not like I do it myself, but if it's on your own property I would think that it would be legal. At least, nobody could stop you from growing it/smoking it.

Forum List

Back