Separation, I agree, will solve everyones' race problem

I'm not a Muslim and I don't believe in Louis Farrakhan but I DO agree with him that separation between the races will solve everyones' race problem (if I understand him corrcectly)!
Forced separation or voluntary separation? It wont work if forced. Come to think of it racists will always have problems with racism. It wont help to separate. If you look at history racism is what brought us together in this country.
LOL from one of the biggest racists!

images

Emily is more dangerous than Anon and Swagger by far.

She wants to over throw the We the People who inform the Constitution's powers and delegations of powers.

She wants to scrap.

I was correct in describing her as the best conceptualist on the Board, and now that I understand that she lives in Plato's cave, I will oppose her principles as long as I live.

NO! What? We use the Constitution to reform things by CONSENT.

JakeStarkey you should not SLANDER me as if I don't believe in CONSENT.

All I have ever said is that reform and govt policies should be made by CONSENT and CONSENSUS.

So that CHECKS against ANY abuse or "scrapping" of the Constitution.

Where are you GETTING this?

Why do you think I have ZERO power? BECAUSE I BELIEVE IN CONSENT OF THE GOVERNED.
So the only influence I have is to encourage people to form AGREEMENTS BY CONSENT.

Jake please explain what I have SAID to make you think I believe in ANYTHING being done
against CONSENT

WHERE
which posts which points

and if I misstated something to be missconstrued I will CORRECT that
because that goes AGAINST my beliefs to do anything against the consent or will of the people or person affected

!!!!

I'm not a Muslim and I don't believe in Louis Farrakhan but I DO agree with him that separation between the races will solve everyones' race problem (if I understand him corrcectly)!
Forced separation or voluntary separation? It wont work if forced. Come to think of it racists will always have problems with racism. It wont help to separate. If you look at history racism is what brought us together in this country.
LOL from one of the biggest racists!

images

Not to worry GHook93 and JakeStarkey
if Asclepias Nutz and Anonymous1977
cannot even reach agreement among themselves
that is why the Black men are divided and conquered
"pimped politically" and sold down the river.

If they cannot unite with the Allen West's, the Ben Carson's,
along with the Obama's and the Sharpton's and Quanell X's,
that is why they fail.

JakeStarkey when all I have done is promote Constitutional
reforms that can ONLY be adopted by CONSENT,
if YOU even badmouth me and try to sabotage what are VALID
models for reforming govt, then you are shooting America in the foot.

all the proposals I present I only support by CONSENSUS to make
sure there is ZERO coercion going on. It has to be by natural
and genuine free will and voluntary participation, with FREEDOM to change
one's mind and go back to other choices. I do not believe in any coercion and bullying.

That is why it takes so LONG Jake.
It has to be done by people agreeing one by one which takes FOREVER.

but that is the only way PEACEFUL change is done so there is
NO political abuse, NO bullying, NO forcing people to change to separate to impose, etc.

Because I absolutely believe in fully informed consent
then my standards are higher than Constitutional processes that only
require majority rule, court ruling, 2/3 or 3/4, etc.

the things I am working on require 100% consensus or they won't work.

We still go through the SAME Constitutional process as voting and courts, etc.
but the 100% agreement is arrived on in advance, so when you go to vote it is 95-100%
and when you go to Court it is approved without issues that are already resolved in advance.

so it is not "against or outside" the Constitution,
it is seeking 100% and not just majority vote so there is no political bullying to manipulate the vote.

It has to come freely where people AGREE and don't force a vote.
is that clear?

Nonsense, Emily. Nutz and Asclepias have every right to disagree with West, Sharpton, and anyone else. There is no way We the People will emasculate the Constitution in order for you to create homelands for Americans divided by race or religious or political difference.

We are all in this together.

Nonsense, Emily. Nutz and Asclepias have every right to disagree with West, Sharpton, and anyone else. There is no way We the People will emasculate the Constitution in order for you to create homelands for Americans divided by race or religious or political difference.

We are all in this together.

Yes I agree we are all in this together.
Why are you insisting I mean anything otherwise?

Free exercise of religion means Buddhists congregate and build their programs
without imposing on Catholics or Muslims etc.

Why are so afraid that political parties could do the same thing?

Does this threaten your power to BULLY or ATTACK
if everyone were to be OKAY with differences?

Why is reconciling conflicts such a threat to you?
Why do you fear it means making "people the same"
any more than religious freedom means making "Buddhism and Christianity the same"

NO that's NOT what it means to reconcile.

We can AGREE on Constitutional principles and that doesn't change our
political or religious beliefs. I can still be prochoice Democrat and West can still
be a prolife Republican, and we can still agree on building a campus for Vets under the Constitution.

That's doesn't make us the same just because we AGREE on something.

So JakeStarkey if I can agree with Schwarzenegger on building prisons in Mexico
and agree with West on training for Vets and minority leaders, why can't other people agree?

Do MEN have a problem agreeing with other MEN
is it a MALE thing? a territorial issue?

Let me know if there is some logistical reason these MEN cannot reach
agreement "without fear that means making them the same"

Where do you get this from?

Do you have any idea what conflict resolution looks like?
It does NOT make people the same to work out agreements,
in fact, the goal is to fulfill and PRESERVE each person's goals regardless how different they are.
and work TOGETHER in collaboration.

I have NO IDEA where you get this idea of what it means to solve conflicts and
unite around common solutions. These change because each person brings their own
part of the puzzle to the table. So that's why i leave it open, in the process of reaching out
to form a consensus.

sorry we are talking past each other.
I really don't understand why you keep framing it in ways that
are the exact OPPOSITE of how the process works!

Segregation which is what you are espousing is illegal and unworkable.

What do you think about political beliefs being "segregated" as private
instead of imposing on public policy?
Ideas are not the same thing as espousing a policy of segregation of people. It is a bad idea, it does not work and most people will recognize that. Just think you are espousing ideas of white and black racists on this board, great company you keep.

Ideas are not the same thing as espousing a policy of segregation of people. It is a bad idea, it does not work and most people will recognize that. Just think you are espousing ideas of white and black racists on this board, great company you keep.

People naturally segregate themselves -- government policy is only needed to INTEGRATE.

People naturally segregate themselves -- government policy is only needed to INTEGRATE.
And horses need blinders, so do humans according to you....

i'm a firm believer in "united we stand, divided we fall". this country is "the great meling pot" and that has a lot to do with how successful we have become over the years - influence, ingenuity, blood, sweat and tears from virtually every corner of the globe has come together here to build this great country.

all races/colors/creeds/etc have contributed in the building of this society and in my view, we are all in this together.

so separation is a huge mistake and a giant step backward in my opinion.

we've got to look for ways to provide all amerians with the tools and help needed to reach their full potential in life, because our overall success is dependent upon the success of our individual members.

i have yet to meet a child not born with a handicap who is not brimming full of life and potential - the key, in my view, is to reach our kids early and instill in them a bright vision of their future and help them to realize that getting a good education is the key.

too many kids lose that vision, that hope and that drive early in their childhood because we, the adults, are not stepping up to the plate and showing them the way.

so in my view, we should be talking about how can we reach our kids (as an american, i feel like all american kids are in some way my kids) and make sure that light of hope, drive and ambition does not go astray.

if we, as the adults, come together regardless of race/color/creed/etc, formulate a plan, and actively participate in influencing these young lives, i am confident we can/will in just a generation or two, turn the tide in race relations (i.e. if we reach today's kids and show them how to achieve their full potential, we can help them avoid getting caught up in the perils they will otherwise face and be consumed by - namely, dropping out of school, involvement with drugs/crime/gangs, etc).

i was one of those kids who was reached by an adult outside my family who instilled that vision and that hope in me - and that has made a world of difference in the course of my life.

Just one problem, you have an entire political party hell bent on preventing minorities from achieving any parity, Democrats have spent the last 50 years teaching blacks to be DEPENDENT on them for every thing.

Just one problem, you have an entire political party hell bent on preventing minorities from achieving any parity, Democrats have spent the last 50 years teaching blacks to be DEPENDENT on them for every thing.
That concept only shocked me with your stupidity the first time you said it. Now its just ignorant.

i honestly believe that anyone currently living in poverty, regardless of race/color/etc, can in fact work their way out of it within just a generation or two if/when we focus on helping their children realize their potential, and they can do this despite all the barriers they might face, including political corruption and dominance.

if we can help a child to see their potenial and realize they have to power to rise above their environment if they focus on what's important (i.e. getting a good education), then that child stands a much better chance of not repeating the cycle of dependence which is born of broken hopes and dreams - we've got to help these kids dream big and realize their potential.

even in the worst school district imagineable, the information to educate ones self is more readily available in this day and age than it has ever been before.

in books i have read about abe lincoln, there is a common thread throughout his difficult childhood - a thirst for knowledge. abe walked miles to borrow books to read and was often noticed reading as he walked - so enthralled by what he was reading that he didn't even notice when friends would say hello.

that's the kind of thirst for knowledge that cannot be squelched by any outside person, place or thing - abraham lincoln is a shining example of a rags to riches story in our history that changed the course of mankind.

the question in my mind is how can we distill that kind of undeniable thirst for knowledge in all of our children today?

when i was a kid, i remember a commercial that used to run a lot on saturday's when i was, like most kids in that day and time, watching cartoons, and the catch phrase of that commercial was, "a mind is a terrible thing to waste". somehow that phrase stuck with me over the years and i have sought to learn as much as my mind is capable of comprehending since those formative years.

we've got to reach these kids before the light of hope and wonder goes out - once that happens, they become very hard to reach.

so the main question, from my perspective, on how do we resolve our racial issues in this country today, is how do we reach the children an instill an unquenchable thirst for knowledge and hope within them?

i honestly believe that anyone currently living in poverty, regardless of race/color/etc, can in fact work their way out of it within just a generation or two if/when we focus on helping their children realize their potential, and they can do this despite all the barriers they might face, including political corruption and dominance.

if we can help a child to see their potenial and realize they have to power to rise above their environment if they focus on what's important (i.e. getting a good education), then that child stands a much better chance of not repeating the cycle of dependence which is born of broken hopes and dreams - we've got to help these kids dream big and realize their potential.

even in the worst school district imagineable, the information to educate ones self is more readily available in this day and age than it has ever been before.

in books i have read about abe lincoln, there is a common thread throughout his difficult childhood - a thirst for knowledge. abe walked miles to borrow books to read and was often noticed reading as he walked - so enthralled by what he was reading that he didn't even notice when friends would say hello.

that's the kind of thirst for knowledge that cannot be squelched by any outside person, place or thing - abraham lincoln is a shining example of a rags to riches story in our history that changed the course of mankind.

the question in my mind is how can we distill that kind of undeniable thirst for knowledge in all of our children today?

when i was a kid, i remember a commercial that used to run a lot on saturday's when i was, like most kids in that day and time, watching cartoons, and the catch phrase of that commercial was, "a mind is a terrible thing to waste". somehow that phrase stuck with me over the years and i have sought to learn as much as my mind is capable of comprehending since those formative years.

we've got to reach these kids before the light of hope and wonder goes out - once that happens, they become very hard to reach.

so the main question, from my perspective, on how do we resolve our racial issues in this country today, is how do we reach the children an instill an unquenchable thirst for knowledge and hope within them?
Stop whites from being racists.

unfortunately, there will most likely always be a certain amount of racism - just like there will always be race hustlers. i don't believe the resolution of our remaining racial issues can nor should be dependent on how many racists/hustlers are around - instead, i believe we must develop a solution and engage all available resources to attack the problem at it's roots (i.e. we have to find a way to reach the children).

in my view, our media today is a prime example of the old adage, "the squeaky wheel gets the grease" (i.e. it's the racists and hustlers who get the media attention which can lead our society to believe that the majorty of our citizenry falls into those well published categories - when in fact, i'm convinced the vast majority of our society would gladly engage together to resolve our remaining racial issues if only we had some good and inspirational leadership).

we need a leader like abraham lincoln who believes in and encourages "the better angels of our nature" to make it happen.

unfortunately, there will most likely always be a certain amount of racism - just like there will always be race hustlers. i don't believe the resolution of our remaining racial issues can nor should be dependent on how many racists/hustlers are around - instead, i believe we must develop a solution and engage all available resources to attack the problem at it's roots (i.e. we have to find a way to reach the children).

in my view, our media today is a prime example of the old adage, "the squeaky wheel gets the grease" (i.e. it's the racists and hustlers who get the media attention which can lead our society to believe that the majorty of our citizenry falls into those well published categories - when in fact, i'm convinced the vast majority of our society would gladly engage together to resolve our remaining racial issues if only we had some good and inspirational leadership).

we need a leader like abraham lincoln who believes in and encourages "the better angels of our nature" to make it happen.
I was with you until you invoked ole Abe. There will always be racial issues as long as whites are fearful, racist, and unwilling to accept the truth. The effects of racism can be mitigated by Blacks and other people of color concentrating on their own communities. Whites can only do so much until the truth starts hitting them. Most cant take it and revert back to denial or outright bigoted/racists views as a self defense mechanism..

I was with you until you invoked ole Abe. There will always be racial issues as long as whites are fearful, racist, and unwilling to accept the truth. The effects of racism can be mitigated by Blacks and other people of color concentrating on their own communities. Whites can only do so much until the truth starts hitting them. Most cant take it and revert back to denial or outright bigoted/racists views as a self defense mechanism..
i guess in my view, the greatest racial issue of our time is directly associted with poverty (i.e. poverty breeds drug dealers, gang bangers, criminal behavior, etc) - so any approach to resolving our remaining racial issues that does not focus squarely on how we break folks free from the chains of poverty will be short sighted at best (i.e. a lot of the racial tensions are directly related to crime which is directly related to poverty - at least in my current view/opinion).

and yes, while there will undoubtedly always be some die-hard racists in our society, i'm a firm believer that we "average" americans have much more in common than we seem to recognize and appreciate, and once we stop all the bickering/blaming and start focusing on the development and implementation of a viable solution, we can make great strides in the eradication of poverty.

it is my belief that once we conquer poverty, race relations will quite naturally improve.

how do we attack poverty? in my view, it's by reaching the kids who through no fault of their own are born into those toxic environments. if we adults will just take the time to mentor our children and show them how to nurture their aptitude and achieve their potenial, firmly believe we can make an enormous difference in the next generation.

for me, it's all about getting our kids focused on getting an education - because knowledge is the key that will unlock the door.

i mentioned old abe because that's the kind of leadership, in my view, that we need (i.e. someone who will go against the grain and appeal to the best in all of us, regardless of race/creed/color, to come together and work toward a common solution to benefit future generations).

Forum List

Back