Senator Rand Paul Urges All Freedom-Loving Americans to Resist Mask Mandates, Vaccine Passports, and Lockdowns. "They can't arrest us all."

Hello, Dr. Love.

Fine if you choose to disagree with him, but he speaks what is consistent with scientific fact for decades. I explained some of it in the OP.

He says if you had COVID, no need to get vaccinated. If you had COVID or are fully vaccinated, you can take your mask off if you want. He says kids should be in school, as the damage to them staying home is worse.

I happen to share his views, and I think they are consistent with established science and lots of recent data.

I will note that you attacked his character, rather than the substance of what he has said. Next you'll be busting on his perm. I would prefer not to participate in ad hominems, but I will note that you do not lose your Doctor title if you stop practicing - White House COVID expert Dr. Birx let her medical license expire. So what. Rand is a licensed MD in the state of Kentucky.

So, what SCIENCE were you referring to, Doc? Focus on things that have to do with the OP, like mandatory vaccines, lockdowns, and universal masking.

Regards,
Jim
Your sold on Rand obviously and that’s your right however stupid.
Nothing I could respond with will change your mind so why bother?

Over 96% of doctors (or should I say "practicing doctors) in the United States are vaccinated. Do your really want to take medical advice of at best a 4 percenter, and a politician with an agenda, at that? I use real doctors, myself. You sound like a statistic waiting to happen, or are you one to the trumpers, secretly vaccinated for your own good, yet denying for public consumption?
Where did he give anyone medical advice in the OP? White 6

Seems to me he was only advocating CHOICE and voicing his opposition to tyranny

Your sold on Rand obviously and that’s your right however stupid.
Nothing I could respond with will change your mind so why bother?
Ha ha. That's funny.

Btw, you criticize Rand Paul accepting the use of a Dr. title, while at the same time continuously referring to the FLOTUS as "Dr. Jill Biden."

That's so funny. I'm somewhat surprised and highly amused by how inconsistent your standards are, Doc.

Lots of misinformation being spread in this thread.

Many of the claims by the OP are things we don't yet know the truth of. Some studies say one thing, others say another. Scientific truths are decided on the balance of a large amount of information, not cherry picked studies or preliminary data.

For example, this study shows that vaccines antibodies are more robust than those gained from prior infection. And that 90% of those with asymptomatic cases showed no immunity after 6 months. And that 25% of the previously infected test subjects showed no immunity after 6 months.
But again, it's just one study.

Hi, Lesh.

Serious answer is that Rand Paul has always stood for individual liberties. It's a very important and serious subject for him, and I for one am thankful that some of our politicians care so much about the Constitution.

Regards,
Jim
Jim, you seem very nice & polite and that’s pretty rare in these parts so ty.
All my tests seem to indicate that I’m borderline Libertarian - Fiscally right center & socially left center.
Rand is just a :cuckoo: who believes a lotta weird stuff like Daddy.
Defend his ignorant assholery & buffoonery at your own peril.

He has a history against vaccination, is all I am saying. Did not take much internet search to find it.

Bullshit. The Covid variant infections are coming from anti vax white nationalists. The southern border has absolutely nothing to do with it. Because, you and your cult members have offered no proof whatsever, just like your messiah's election lies, and the lies of the Florida sham governor. And, thanks to Rand Paul, who I bet is vaccinated, and the rest of you anti vaxers, Covid hasn't even scratched the surface yet. Wait until the next variant emerges. At least, with any luck, it'll wipe out a good bunch of you anti vax morons. Bigly!!!
Last week, a record-high 7,000 migrants were released in downtown McAllen, where they were immediately tested for the coronavirus through a city contractor. More than 1,500 people tested positive over the past seven days, according to a city document issued Wednesday, compared to a total of 7,000 confirmed cases over the past five months. Those who test positive are told to quarantine for two days but are ultimately released into the public.

Another politician with fucked up hair and daddy issues. Seems about right.

Last week, a record-high 7,000 migrants were released in downtown McAllen, where they were immediately tested for the coronavirus through a city contractor. More than 1,500 people tested positive over the past seven days, according to a city document issued Wednesday, compared to a total of 7,000 confirmed cases over the past five months. Those who test positive are told to quarantine for two days but are ultimately released into the public.

7,000 over 5 months

Florida had 17,000 cases yesterday. And that's only among the people who actually got tested.

So the people downplaying covid and resisting the vaccines are all completely full of shit, when they say they care about this.

And the people concerned about covid correctly care much less about 7000 cases over 5 months than they do our current spike in cases. They would no sooner toss these people over the border than they would detain any floridian with covid in a jail.

1628204432679.jpeg

Jim, you seem very nice & polite and that’s pretty rare in these parts so ty.
All my tests seem to indicate that I’m borderline Libertarian - Fiscally right center & socially left center.
Rand is just a :cuckoo: who believes a lotta weird stuff like Daddy.
Defend his ignorant assholery & buffoonery at your own peril.
Thanks much for the feedback.

I don't tend to get worked up over stuff. I have a very scientific background and like to discuss important/controversial/complicated matters.

I can respect differing opinions, and I appreciate when I am proven wrong, despite the slight associated sting to one's ego.

I agree that both Pauls occasionally have some strange opinions, more so with Ron. But they also have quite a bit of wit.

That is probably true of just about everyone, so it's probably not a good idea to discount people's opinions just because they lean a certain way or have opinions on certain topics that one strongly disagrees with.

Trumper masquerading as a republican, for keeping the party name recognition, like Republicans calling themselves conservatives as they have moved toward radical activism in America.
It’s a power thing - Pretty much all they care about anymore. Policy? Legislating?? BAH

It’s a power thing - Pretty much all they care about anymore. Policy? Legislating?? BAH
I am not sure where it ends. That is why I no longer trust that party to high office at this time or for the next cycle.

I am liking Dr. Paul more and more every day.

He seems to be nearly the sole voice of Science these days, when it comes to masks and vaccines, recognizing that individuals with prior infection who have recovered are protected. A man of integrity.

'They can’t arrest us all': Sen. Rand Paul slams mask mandates and lockdowns and urges resistance, saying: 'choose freedom'​

• The Kentucky senator was the first of his colleagues to get COVID-19 in March
  • He called for people to not accept mandates on masking
  • Called speaker Pelosi 'drunk with power' as the House has reimposed indoor mask mandates in the chamber where many lawmakers remain unvaccinated
  • Come as fellow Sen. Lindsey Graham is in quarantine after contracting COVID-19 despite being vaccinated
'They can’t arrest us all. They can’t keep all your kids home from school. They can’t keep every government building closed – although I’ve got a long list of ones they should,'

'Speaker Nancy Pelosi — you will not arrest or stop me or anyone on my staff from doing our jobs. We have all either had COVID, had the vaccine, or been offered the vaccine. We will make our own health choices. We will not show you a passport, we will not wear a mask, we will not be forced into random screening and testing so you can continue your drunk with power rein over the Capitol,'

'President Biden — we will not accept your agencies’ mandates or your reported moves toward a lockdown. No one should follow the [Centers for Disease Control] CDC’s anti-science mask mandates. And if you want to shutdown federal agencies again — some of which aren’t even back to work fully — I will stop every bill coming through the Senate with an amendment to cut their funding if they don’t come to work,' he said.

----
The Dems and media don't even seem to recognize the protection of prior infection. They divide Americans into the "vaccinated" and "unvaccinated" classes, claiming that it is now a "pandemic of the unvaccinated," completely ignoring the estimated 100 million Americans who have natural immunity after recovering from COVID.

Vaccines are created to mimic natural immunity. While many are quite effective, they usually are not quite as protective as being exposed to the real thing, which creates long-lasting T- and B-cells in one's bone marrow, sometimes leading to a lifetime of protection (1).

The CDC's own data shows that prior infection provides protection for >180 days, whereas the vaccines start to wane at 14 weeks. (2)

Moderna stock is up a factor of 21 since December 2019. Congress invests heavily in pharmaceutical stocks (3). They could not care less about you or me. As usual, it's about them - their power and money.

So, if you want it to end, join me in following Dr. Paul's advice, and follow your own free will and Science, not CNN and bureaucrats.

(1) 90 Years Later, 1918 Flu Lives on in Antibodies, Research
(2) https://context-cdn.washingtonpost..../57c98604-3b54-44f0-8b44-b148d8f75165.#page=1
(3) Congress invests big in pharmaceutical, tech stocks
True.

They can't arrest you all, Senator.

But we'll settle for them arresting
YOU for spewing dangerous poison during a national health emergency... you lowlife piece of $hit.

Ha ha. That's funny.

Btw, you criticize Rand Paul accepting the use of a Dr. title, while at the same time continuously referring to the FLOTUS as "Dr. Jill Biden."

That's so funny. I'm somewhat surprised and highly amused by how inconsistent your standards are, Doc.
They are both doctors - So where is the problem when Dr Jill has a PhD?

The link doesn't say that Dr. Paul "urges freedom loving Americans to resist mask mandates". This is media spin designed to encourage an emotional response to an ongoing controversy.

Forum List

Back